SAU Community

How Fast Is Your Stagea (really)?

KiwiRS4T

Not my car unfortunitly, but another forum members car. I do not want to steal too much of his glory

It will be a turbocharged nissan V8, so it should have plenty of torque.

Ps. I am only half mental. The full metal people are in Darwin :)

Oooooh, I'd so love to find out who this is, but if he wants to wait to reveal who he is and the details of the build, I'm (kinda) fine with that...

No turbo mods, 3 off the turbo back(Mandel not pressed), hi-flow cat, resonator+cannon, K&N panel filter, MiNes ECU(Jap Spec),Super Spark Coils(Work great), Replaced SMIC with a Mint one(See my thread for pics of the old one).

Hasn't seen the dyno yet or the strip. But it faster from standing starts than a 4door Golf GTi, VX SS (aircon on and 3 ppl in the car), couple of turbo Magna's My Celsior made 131kW before the X-pipe, Hi-flow cats, big leads and new plugs.

So fingers crossed for a good dyno resualt.

Did 4 runs to 100km's the other night.

Car: M35 AR-X

Mod's:

Air filter

Exhaust

Conditions:

9 Degree's

fine mist or very light rain

1/4 of a tank of fuel

Skinny bastard mate as passenger. :O

My mate timed from a stop watch in the passenger seat and the GO! was from him.

6.53sec

6.61sec

6.55sec

6.69sec

With those times to 100KM's it should be good for a very low 15sec pass on the quarter...or maybe a high 14! :)

P.S. For all you Dudley Dorights.....it was done on the Freeway at about 3AM....in the 110km zone...with no cars around. :D

Did 4 runs to 100km's the other night.

Car: M35 AR-X

Mod's:

Air filter

Exhaust

Conditions:

9 Degree's

fine mist or very light rain

1/4 of a tank of fuel

Skinny bastard mate as passenger. :D

My mate timed from a stop watch in the passenger seat and the GO! was from him.

6.53sec

6.61sec

6.55sec

6.69sec

With those times to 100KM's it should be good for a very low 15sec pass on the quarter...or maybe a high 14! ;)

P.S. For all you Dudley Dorights.....it was done on the Freeway at about 3AM....in the 110km zone...with no cars around. :ph34r:

Those are pretty good times. By making small increases in timing I got my SI down from 11 sec to 9 sec so i think the timing is too retarded but I'll leave it for now as i have a turbo being highflowed at GCG and will get the car properly tuned on a dyno when it has been installed.

well I drove a rapid stagea last night. 350awkw. RB26 and manual conversion, twin highmounts (look like 2530s or GT-RS maybe), power FC DJETRO, lots of other gear. pretty scary on standard suspension. not very quick under 5,000 but holy shit from 6,000-8,000 i thought it was trying to kill me! I reckon the 350kw feels about as quick as 320 or so in a 32 GTR so should be good for 11s I guess.

this thing:

post-3621-1225349297_thumb.jpg

My old S2 RS V (that is now owned by MIKE) did an Apexi RSM 0-100 time in the high fives - repeatedly. Best was 5.70 stalled on brake to 2500rpm. Quarter time only run once when a little out of tune and ran 14.34 on the RSM. That was with 12psi, GTR 'cooler, only 2.5" exhaust and stock airbox. RWD an less kg's mean much better performance than RS4... With the SAFC2 I put on it, a decent tune, and maybe 14psi on a cold night it would comfortably crack a mid 13 at a sticky track...

C'mon MIKE, do it!

well I drove a rapid stagea last night. 350awkw. RB26 and manual conversion, twin highmounts (look like 2530s or GT-RS maybe), power FC DJETRO, lots of other gear. pretty scary on standard suspension. not very quick under 5,000 but holy shit from 6,000-8,000 i thought it was trying to kill me! I reckon the 350kw feels about as quick as 320 or so in a 32 GTR so should be good for 11s I guess.

this thing:

post-3621-1225349297_thumb.jpg

Awww man, where was my phone call Richard? :)

I hope you got some more photos.