SAU Community

best turbo for rb20det?

s13s15

just high flow it. not much more lag than std, and mines pushing 250rwhp at 1bar. thats got the afm maxed, the injectors are prob on the edge too being a red top. strangely the std fuel pump still has some left, unless it was modified in jp. can be done for around 1k or another option is the rb25 unit with similar results but ceramic exh so itll be on the limit

A HKS2530 will give you "Plenty of performance" - around 210-230rwks

Beyond that it cost substantial $$$. What $$$ are you realistically looking at spending on just turbo???

I would love to see what a properly setup HKS2835 with manifold/wastegate/ECU/injectors/AFM would do on an RB20.

A Trust TD06L2-20G-8cm kit with manifold/wastegate is about as big as id go, any bigger and boost response may be compromised a little too much. (Lag in negligible, with boost response bumped up about 1200-1500rpm)

HKS2530 is defenantly the go

gives more bang for your buck - pull over 280rwhp on less than 1bar, just get your ecu tuned or a boost cut defender to run more boost. speaking from experience

but they are very responsive.

• 9 years later...

wat's the best turbo for the rb20det, without too much lag, fuel cut etc. and with plenty of performance??????? :burnout:

n e ideas or info wuld b much appreciated

a garrett 2871r would be in the range, a 0.63 rear housing and cranked up to 18-20psi with possibly some E85 to make it come alive even more..

there common on sr20's from what ive seen/read.

How much power are you aiming for?

They have nothing before 4 grand anyway just get a TD06L2 20G 8cm (like $799 from the kando or a billet one from hypergear), a few people have said they have moved from something like a 2530 to something larger and not noticed much difference.

But it depends what you want if you want a whole highmount setup or if you want to keep it as stock looking as possible etc etc.

You mentioned fuel cut. There's no point upgrading the ECU if you're not going to remap or Nistune the ECU at least. I'd go a Garrett GTX3067R with an ATP divided .82 housing on stock manifold modded for external gate.

That would be quite disgusting to drive until 6000. Divided housing then put it on a stock manifold, not really that helpful there

Divided housing then put it on a stock manifold, not really that helpful there

I'm assuming RB20 manifolds are the same as RB25 ones and are divided (other than the 5mm gap which can be welded up)? Why would it be disgusting until 6000? Stock manifold will have better response than aftermarket. I am referring to the new smaller GTX3067R, not a typo of a GTX3076R. The divided .82 housing has better response than an open .63. This setup would be more responsive than a GT-RS/GT2871R with the right tuning and cam gears with a fair bit more top-end potential. Why would this be discusting until 6000? Disgusting on tyres I guess haha. Edited by bradsm87