SAU Community

The Defected Thread...

Cubes

Now having owned a Skyline for 4 weeks I am very quickly becoming aware of the stigma that is attached. I have already experienced some dirty looks from people and officers of the law even when traveling at the speed limit and obeying all road rules in a Skyline with minimal and no illegal modifications.

The part that bothers me is that every day I see (and I know that many of you will all agree with me on this) so many vehicles that are rusted, damaged, blue smoke emitting, cracked windscreen, missing tail lights or with squeaking brakes that are rubbing on the brake wear indicators or what looks to be racing slicks due to not replacements of tyres driving on our roads.

I am often driving my other car which is a Black AWD Turbo Ralliart Lancer with about 10Kw more power than my stock Skyline and I don't ever get a second look from anyone.

Hmmmm end rant ;)

If you are on home detention then chances are you are a typical petty criminal feral, at least with no prior knowledge that is what the overwhelming majority of the population would assume.

It might not be fair, but you can't honestly expect any different outcome than that, people will judge you because you are on home detention, they will also judge you because you drive an r32 as statistically you are more likely to speed and have an accident, statistics don't lie so you are stuck with that image.

I realise that people judge me for driving a skyline, most people think I am a dickhead at first glance because of the typical way people drive these cars, hell I will admit I am partially responsible for the image that R32s have, but I don't complain about it because I know it is completely reasonable to pre judge skyline drivers.

that petty criminal remark is quite upsetting, im not a petty criminal thank you very much!

i dont advertise on the car that i am on home d, there is not a large sign with flashing neons stating my home d status =/ any way my point IS that there are people out there actually causing accidents but sapol are picking on cruisers and people doing the right thing, there is no law stating you cannot take your car for a nice drive!

way in to town today, misses driving sensible, driving at the speed limits, leaving a safe gap and ever numb nut on the planet cut her off, eventually we were driving home and got pulled over, nearly defected but some dumb sh!t in a vl weent racing past clearly not road worthy, two douche lords on bikes flying past riding in the same lane like a pair of homos holding hands, we ended up being followed by them and they nearly caused enough crashes.

i must say the copper was alright, had an arguement about atmo and recirc bovs and a pipe that was alleged to be atmo........ but he let us go, we got pulled over because the last owner lost his licence and we havent had a chance to transfer the papers just yet.

English mother f**ker, do you speak it?

edit: if you talk the same way you type I probably would have tried to defect you as well, it is all about the image you portray, driving a skyline is 1 negative point, being on home detention when they look your license up is 2 negative points, talking like the average elizabethian is 3 negative points, anyone care to guess the way you dress?

I am well aware that the person I just described probably isn't you, but I don't know you so all I have to go on is the first impression, the police officer is the same, remember this.

Edited by Rolls

look rolls, i havent slept, im not from elizabeth, i cant tell if your being a smart ar$e and looking to step to or what, sorry if my grammar is poor but i really have not slept in a couple days (not drug related, stress related).

i hold a Bachelors of automotive engineering, i think i know cars a little better then some cop who is told to be a dick to anyone who drives a "hoon car".

• 3 weeks later...

Looks matters but the most important thing play big role with cops,thats my manners and attitude been stoped by cops couple of times.

But with my manners and attitude they never used their power against me,even though driving with couple of drinks and headlights off..lol if you argue your case on road they will book you for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update on the outcome...

I took it to the Sturt Police Station and was dealt with by a really nice genuine male cop.

I played the game as usual and he came out and checked the tyres and made me give it a few revs to check for smoke.

He said all was good and the cop that issued the defect must have been having a bad day.

$55 to remove the sticker and cancel the defect from the system and I was smiling and on my way.

There are some nice cops out there still and this just goes to show, it is worth taking it to the local and giving it a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

id defect you for your grammer

I'd defect you for your grammar.*

/facepalm

In other news I have a few questions. I spent the whole day reading and using Google but didn't come up with the answers. In the process of buying an R33 GTST series 2 with a FMIC. I believe a hole was cut for the FMIC install and as a series 2 it has dual airbags. This I believe is an illegal combination and it needs different piping to make it a "turn flow" setup. The car is tuned to 15psi and has 220rwkw. I'm pretty certain it needs a FMIC and possibly a wideband?

Is the stock airbox legal with those holes in it?

It has a new ECU is that illegal?

If I buy it with a RWC does that mean i'm in the clear 100%?

Here's ma thread with pics http://www.skylinesa...ic/page__st__20

Edited by jukic.j

defected last night for suspension being est 320, ment to be 345.......

cop had attitude from the beginning. didnt even say hello =(

called me a dickhead a couple of times.... i was driving 10 kms under the 80km speed limit. tells me repeatably that "this isnt a race track" ....i wasnt even speeding. ffs

all i have to swap out now is the exhaust, the custom intake and put in a noncut reo bar and cooler.

fun fun fun

my first defect. such an inconvenience.

defected last night for suspension being est 320, ment to be 345.......

cop had attitude from the beginning. didnt even say hello =(

called me a dickhead a couple of times.... i was driving 10 kms under the 80km speed limit. tells me repeatably that "this isnt a race track" ....i wasnt even speeding. ffs

all i have to swap out now is the exhaust, the custom intake and put in a noncut reo bar and cooler.

fun fun fun

my first defect. such an inconvenience.

very unlucky mate ..

i got pulled over last week buy an undercover and he was very understanding. told me what was 'naughty' (his words) in my car and what i should change as soon as i get home. luckily he was by himself .. i find that if theres a pair of them its like a competition between each other to be more intimidating then the other guy.

thats what i find anyway

very unlucky mate ..

i got pulled over last week buy an undercover and he was very understanding. told me what was 'naughty' (his words) in my car and what i should change as soon as i get home. luckily he was by himself .. i find that if theres a pair of them its like a competition between each other to be more intimidating then the other guy.

thats what i find anyway

this officer kept reminding me was that a person died last month in the same area & that he had potentially saved my life that night/prevented me from killing someone.

Welcome to my world Andrew.

could have contested it. was on a hill with a full tank and 3 passengers still in the car but too late now.

what pissed me off more was the fact he didn't know what the f**k he was looking at. pig looked directly at the boost solenoid and the capped of bov. why should he have the right to defect if he is uneducated. then again they can order you to get inspected on just suspicion alone.

on another note thank christ i didn't back fire while he was behind :sweat:

oh just wondering how many of the same defect offences can one get before fined? cause the pig threatened me by saying " if i find out you have been defected for the same offence twice, you will be fined."

oh just wondering how many of the same defect offences can one get before fined? cause the pig threatened me by saying " if i find out you have been defected for the same offence twice, you will be fined."

They can fine you technically for each individual ADR violation, something like $150 but they are allowed to just caution you instead, so he doesn't even need a reason to give you a fine and it will be all by the book still.