SAU Community

The Defected Thread...

Cubes

Spare tyre, you need it. I'd get rid of the amp and all wiring there just in case and as for the battery tray, make it look as nice as possible :)

spare tyre i have been told u dont need, but i have chucked mine in every time, im sure someone could lend ya a space saver, dont think anyone actually ever uses theirs lol.

and rear brake light? i got a stealth spoiler hence no brake light as i would have if i had my series 2 spoiler on. would i need one? also, my in cabin boot release dont seem to work anymore, would that be a problem?

like others have said i think, u do need an eye level one, just a rear window brake light from any auto place will do.

i thought you would need a brake light. as for child restraint, i need to source one as i removed mine and cant locate it anymore. wasnt it just one metal bracket or was it two metal brackets?

ovrtym33

were you in the inspection bay with the inspector or were you sitting in a waiting room? was this recent or a while back?

i went through without child restraints and didnt get picked up as i did like urs, took them out and couldnt find them. i think they usually only look for them for compliance, not something they look for with roadworthy.

btw im not reccomending anyone to go to regency without this stuff, just telling u my experiences with how they have picked on them.

not 100% sure about the 2" thing, i know that used to be the law, but im pretty sure these days it runs on overall rolling diametre, but not many cops really know about it (bit like most defect laws really). would be worth calling regency about that one.

Yeah, it was the law for years, but who knows how tough they are these days? I passed with a rim which was 2" bigger than what was on the tyre placard through Regency about a year or so ago.

i think you don't need to have a space saver but if you do it must have the reccomended top speed

Yes if you have a space saver, 80km/h MUST be written on it - texta, sticker, anything.

I'm not 100% sure on that Dan but I do know that I passed Regency twice with my cooler left on. It's got Earls fittings... so long as everything is routed/fitted nicely I beleive they are fine with it

Since Regency checks the numbers on the turbo housing, is it still possible to get stock r32 gtr turbos new, or any turbos made by other companies that would have the matching numbers on the turbo housing as the stock r32 turbos?

Yes if you have a space saver, 80km/h MUST be written on it - texta, sticker, anything.

Are space savers only the yellow one? I got a black spare wheel that seems to just say "temporary use only" and "inflate to yadida amount of kPa(60psi)"... its alot skinnier than a standard wheel but not as skinny/small as those yellow space savers I've seen... so it doesnt need the "max speed of 80km/h" does it?

Space savers can be red or yellow... you'll see if it's a space saver if the tyre is very, very skinny!

Pretty sure most Skylines have space savers (or you might have a full tyre?)

They don't care about the tread or anything on the space saver... it just needs the 80km/h max written on it, as my space saver looks like it's been in the car for the lifetime of it lol...

Just as a precaution Vu, just whip out the tipex, or something white (even cream lol) and write 80k/h max on it. You'd hate to only get failed for that one thing!!

Folks, I've just rang Regency and spoke to an inspector regarding Window Tint and whats legal:

No tint on the front windscreen (except up the very top... but don't bother if it hasn't come from factory).

75% light transmission on the driver and front passenger side windows and the rear windscreen

35% light transmission on the windows behind the driver and front passenger (those little triangle ones)

Cheers

Since Regency checks the numbers on the turbo housing, is it still possible to get stock r32 gtr turbos new, or any turbos made by other companies that would have the matching numbers on the turbo housing as the stock r32 turbos?

lol, nah... get/borrow a 2nd hand one...

Folks, I've just rang Regency and spoke to an inspector regarding Window Tint and whats legal:

No tint on the front windscreen (except up the very top... but don't bother if it hasn't come from factory).

75% light transmission on the driver and front passenger side windows and the rear windscreen

35% light transmission on the windows behind the driver and front passenger (those little triangle ones)

Cheers

guess im going to be removing my window tint. but before i do, does anyone have a device that measure the percentage or should i just go back to my tint installer?

Are space savers only the yellow one? I got a black spare wheel that seems to just say "temporary use only" and "inflate to yadida amount of kPa(60psi)"... its alot skinnier than a standard wheel but not as skinny/small as those yellow space savers I've seen... so it doesnt need the "max speed of 80km/h" does it?

do wat i did. just take it out. you dont have to have one in there. if you take it out its just something less they can whinge about

can you turn the turbo timer off?

if you can, turn it off and leave the key in there without the remote... obviously leave your alarm off during the inspection and it shouldn't be a problem.

they cant pick on remote start if they don't know it has one...

but can they just look up the alarm specs and do you purely on that basis?

my remote start has to be activated using the remote before i turn off the engine otherwise it just turns off normally.

helso, whats a key fob? what i intending to do was to through without the remote alarm, saying i lost it. leaving just the unit in the car and its associated wiring.

Edited by Nozila