SAU Community

The Defected Thread...

Cubes

guys, if this neil character is persistantly abusing power, and if there are formal complaints lodged, then it might be possible to take it further. i think its pretty simple tho, dont go to the pt adelaide cop shop, i know my cop shops around my area and i chose which one i go to wisely based on my experiences.

if there's no legal documentation saying you have to report ur car to a certain place, then the worst they can do is come to ur house.

what id do is take ur car to a cop shop of ur choice (not pt adelaide station), most officers you get are reasonable and will do their job properly.

well this scottish guy sounds like the cop that defected me a couple of months back

when i was defected i was not even driving my car it was parked in a car park in port adelaide

i had come back from getting some lunch from a shop and when i was about to open the door a cop called out to me and said 'is this your car mate'????

so they went over my car trying to find my BOV with i had not but they were sure it did

they ended up finding my EBC

he ended up finding 5 other minor things such as battery not in tight enough ect.....

then the clown said that he was going to fine me $204 for each offence..... $1216.........

but because he was in a good mood only fined me for one... $204...

i dont have much good to say about this guy he is rude and thinks he knows all about skylines but knows nothing.........

i could say a lot more but wont because he must be reading this stuff....

its a loosing war peoples, when are you going to get used to it?

we can whinge/bitch/moan/get sandy slits. but its never going to change.

cops love it, they get a boner when they put a sticker on ya window, get back to the station and recieve

another gold star for there efforts.

honestly, after saturday night with those 2 sad excuses for officers, i dont have any faith in our force.

i am yet to have a nice experience with a police orrificer. nuf sed.

after what ive experienced i gave up hope keeping a legal car, i built a legal car, i painted it and had it clean, within a few days of driving i had a defect, within another few weeks i had a 2nd one, all the stuff i was defected for was legal and passed regency. so i came to the conclusion that if they want to defect u, they will defect u. hence my car is a utter pig atm and i dont give a shit, ive been driving the thing around like this for the longest period this year without a defect.

my car has seen around 2-3 months driving this year and has collected a nice 3 defects for my efforts. i have no faith in the defect system anymore so for all i care ill drive around with a straight through exhaust and the thing on its balls, hell maybe ill even have some tyres on the canvas, because i know regardless im going to end up with a nice yellow sticker on the window.

well said.

to all the people that say ' just dont hoon,. keep it clean ,,, dont attract attention. etc etc etc' you are the lucky ones. but your time will come.

I dont drive around much either nisskid. just unlucky.

Im gonna have my car looking off its tits and get defected. not standard and defected.

I haven't been done yet, but I've been close. But I'm also in the same boat as you, I'm over whinging about it because absolutely nothing will change. Aslong as I have Skyline written across the back of my car I'm pretty much heading for a defect sooner or later.

Nisskid, drive around with a decat it's all the rage these days.

Yeah +1 to the comments on this page. Why did we even bother making an effort to e-mail that cop anyway? And this must be a real slap in the face to the members on here who actually supported him!

I've been close to a defect... even though my car is pretty stock. I was just lucky a young girl cop pulled me over, and she was alone and actually had no idea to what to look for. So she just did a rego check on me, and let me off. I'd like to see what she could actually defect me for, though!

But yeah, we all drive Skylines, and one day we'll all get defected at least once - legit or not. It's just what the Skyline name carries with it!

Yeah +1 to the comments on this page. Why did we even bother making an effort to e-mail that cop anyway? And this must be a real slap in the face to the members on here who actually supported him!

I know Cubes must be itching to say this after many of you bagged him, so I'll say it on his behalf, "don't say you weren't all warned!!"

sorry to be a prick

but if you drive imports then expect to be defected....

so whinge and whine all you want but the bottom line is cop it and move on

having said so....some of the defects given or the way they have been done or the officer has gone about it is just f**ked up....but what can we do

BTW merry christmas to everyone

Edited by Krishy

yeah our mate neil deffected me on christmas day. i pulled into an RBT blew 0.00 and then got singled out to pull over and lift my bonnet and i drive a Stagea. i got done for a boost gauge not mounted correctly, a bleed valve, my blow off valve and the funniest thing ever an air filter on my manifold. it was a damn oil breather on my bloody rocker cover. since when was that defectable and when did a rocker cover look like a manifold. im just assuming that because my car was singled out off a line up that had something to do with the massive amount of people the cops didn't catch for speeding over the holidays and killing themselves.

Awww crap mate, feel sorry for ya! Best of luck in getting it off... looks like they've definately wisened up! Stags are as much a target now as Skylines. What a present for Christmas day though eh? Thanks SAPOL

Oil breathers on the rocker cover are NOT defectable. They pass through Regency fine. I had one on the Familia and got through Regency without a hitch.

ah, last time i checked an "external" oil breather (with a filter id be assuming from dmonic's description) WAS defectable, as its crankcase gas escaping to atmosphere (rather than being recirculated through the inlet and exhaust system to be caught by the cat

standard system goes from breathers to the EGR on the plenum to recirculate back into the system. even running a catch can is technically illegal unless it drains back into the inlet system one way or another

yeah our mate neil deffected me on christmas day. i pulled into an RBT blew 0.00 and then got singled out to pull over and lift my bonnet and i drive a Stagea. i got done for a boost gauge not mounted correctly, a bleed valve, my blow off valve and the funniest thing ever an air filter on my manifold. it was a damn oil breather on my bloody rocker cover. since when was that defectable and when did a rocker cover look like a manifold. im just assuming that because my car was singled out off a line up that had something to do with the massive amount of people the cops didn't catch for speeding over the holidays and killing themselves.

i feel your pain. i got done by him just b4 you and he wasnt in a good mood.He gave me 1 hour to drive my car and took alot of pics of it aswell wasnt happy but oh well i knew i would get done sooner or later

I haven't been done yet, but I've been close. But I'm also in the same boat as you, I'm over whinging about it because absolutely nothing will change. Aslong as I have Skyline written across the back of my car I'm pretty much heading for a defect sooner or later.

Nisskid, drive around with a decat it's all the rage these days.

for the track my car runs 3" dump with screamer, de-cat, and straight through exhaust. i may or may not be running this setup on the street atm :blush:

eh, its not unsafe and i dont drive like an idiot, im still quiter potting around in my car then a bus or motorbike anyway.