SAU Community

The Defected Thread...

Cubes

i got singled out last night and pulled over in amongst that all muscle cruise.

actually the cop was a nice bloke but went over it from top to bottom.

sucks i got singled out when there was methenol burning monsters all around me but he was good.

told me i needed to get rid of my dissconnected ebc due to fine and its a defect too (hmmmm).

in the end no fine and no defect.

he sounded like he had a pommie acsent.

ive just learnt tell em the truth and generally they will be good.

you do get some real wankers but +1 to that bloke

yeah our mate neil deffected me on christmas day. i pulled into an RBT blew 0.00 and then got singled out to pull over and lift my bonnet and i drive a Stagea. i got done for a boost gauge not mounted correctly, a bleed valve, my blow off valve and the funniest thing ever an air filter on my manifold. it was a damn oil breather on my bloody rocker cover. since when was that defectable and when did a rocker cover look like a manifold. im just assuming that because my car was singled out off a line up that had something to do with the massive amount of people the cops didn't catch for speeding over the holidays and killing themselves.

now now, its all in the interest of road safety, who cares if it held one or more officers up for 10+ minutes while they went over ur car and did paper work instead of breath testing 10's of potential drink drivers, they got a car with a BOV off the road, i know i can sure as hell sleep sound tonight knowing that.

Whats even worse from enthusiasts loosing faith in police is that their friends/family also start loosing faith... soon enough SAPOL turns in to a joke and we all live happily ever after.

No but seriously, I know of quite a lot of hard working parents that are also realizing that all this is just bs. In the past year my family personally, and family friends families have seen our cars being broken in to, one vandalised, stuff stolen (car and non car related), 1 drunk driver accident, and 1 case of assault...... SAPOL came through only on 1 occasion (drunk driver) because it happened to be 20m from the police station and even then they stood around chatting amongst themselves which gave the feeling that they didn't want to be there and didn't care.

3 of the other incidents were reported while in progress... by the time cops showed up they were long gone. Hell might just as well do their job and go out and arrest these guys, but oh no SAPOL advises that you should stay inside and wait for them to intervene... over 15-30min later or not at all, then come the next morning to take a report?!?!? Ahem, weren't you meant to be here when 000 was called and the asshole was inside the car ripping away at the ignition barrel?

But oh no, look someone has a nice expensive, tested and proven modification and they're treated like a thief, criminal and a murderer.

Whats gonna happen with the claims made of real crimes? Does SAPOL even bother with 000 calls anymore? Sure there are law abiding police officers that do what they're supposed to when they're supposed to, and id like to believe that, but where are they when all this is happening?

Sorry about the off topic bitch, I'm just getting angrier and angrier reading about people being unfairly mistreated.

This is so true Marko! My parents and family freinds think it's disgraceful that we are treated like common thugs because the cars we drive. I work hard for my car and I look after my car to make sure it's in A1 condition, unlike 90% of cars on our road but I still remain a target. The police want to know about me when dollars can be made (ie. defects) however when it came to my car being broken into, they didn't even want to come down to look deeming it "a waste of time". Same as when a bin was placed on a road in the hills on the way home from Kersbrook where my girlfriend lives at 4:00AM. Some idiots thought it funny to put it on a blind corner, I came along, smashed into it, close to $2000 in damages to my car. Reported it to the police, all was fine until they asked the make/model of the car. Their attitude soon changed from me being the victim to some hoon racing up in the hills and coming off. When they did catch those they thought were responsible, a slap on the wrist and to clean up some of the bins they tipped over, yet here I was forking over $2000 to fix my ride, out of my own pocket... Sorry, I digress, it just shits me!

whatever happened to the quote TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE? i believe that's all bullshit now, it's like as if they've lost focus on what their job is suppose to be, maybe because of politics, money or greed? i don't know but it seem criminals don't even get raped in the arse as hard as us who've done nothing wrong! i've been fcked over too much to say anything nice about the police and it's not car related either

Edited by nos man

Now now come on guys, they are doing a fantastic job. They are hitting the hoon problem head on by just defected every single car that looks like a young guy is driving.

:blush:

But seriously, like everyone has said plenty of times. If you mod your car, you run this risk of being defected,simple. But when you hear these kinds of stories it just takes it way to far.

my old man knows how much we get picked on, he just keeps saying oh they are just cracking down on u because ur a high risk group, which is fair enough if u look at it that generally, but realistically there are so many incosistancies with how they work, it just holds no credability any more.

Guest CleanAndSimple
yeah our mate neil deffected me on christmas day. i pulled into an RBT blew 0.00 and then got singled out to pull over and lift my bonnet and i drive a Stagea. i got done for a boost gauge not mounted correctly, a bleed valve, my blow off valve and the funniest thing ever an air filter on my manifold. it was a damn oil breather on my bloody rocker cover. since when was that defectable and when did a rocker cover look like a manifold. im just assuming that because my car was singled out off a line up that had something to do with the massive amount of people the cops didn't catch for speeding over the holidays and killing themselves.

Ohh does that sound familiar, got defected the same way a few months back. when i blew 0.00 its almost like hell freezed over and he took all his anger our on my car. Negative Driving Through Bretho's Anymore. Exact reason my car gets tucked into bed around 6-7.

Best of luck mate.

Edited by CleanAndSimple

ay men to what matty said big 4bies and massive treadlies. my 4wd is near completion so i dont have to take the line down a dirty road( its watered with bore water 6x saltier than the sea).

you might think im an asshole but a couple of weeks ago i got pulled up in pirie for a rbt fair enough hes just doing his job but then starts asking were i got the car and shit thats was rude of him, then he tried to defect me for stupid shit and trying to tell me my car had a turbo i told him no but he said he was going to defect it neways, saying it was unsafe, guess what i lost my sh!t i got up him real bad and in the end he sent me on my way and said ill be looking out for you, i just said yes mister, but i think he deserved it!!! end of my rant.

my new year was a bit suck...got pulled over last nite try to find stuff to defect but cant find anything to defect, so they defect me for my back n side window cos my tints too dark but its uvcutglass from factory ;) ....n i said its factory then they were saying im being a smarta$..... :action-smiley-069: think its time to get numberplate COPNVME :) jks

Edited by drift27

defected in murray bridge for:

too low(coilovers)

wheels 1 inch too big

gauges on steering column.

tinted tailights.

i knew it was too low, i knew the wheels were too big, i knew the gauges were illegal, i knew the taillights were illegal, i knew it was just a matter of time before they caught me.

its a murray bridge defect, so shouldnt be too hard to clear once i get the other stuff on the car sorted(going to be rego'd as a 2 seater etc).

car looks like this btw, driving it on the street, haha, im surprised they didnt get me sooner!

IMG_3054.jpg

thats life, i aint complainin!

Edited by ted180

haha thanks, it seems to impress a few people, which makes me feel warm inside, haha.

something weird, it only got done for having 18s instead of 17s, but he didnt mention anything about the track. rear wheels are 11 wide, fronts are 10.

im going to get as much as i can engineered, so if it gets defected again it will be a minor(cop shop), not a major(regency), i tell myself it will work that way, but we all know it wont, haha.

spot on tangles

met a new 31 club member to the state last weekend, he's bought over a 25 powered GTS2. In a nutshell i said to him he's about 60 percent less likely to get defected cos he'd be looked at as in the "older crowd" and therefore an enthusiast not a hoon

its bs that even in our 20s we get labelled as hoons