SAU Community

What Are You Running?

R31Nismoid

We fit a fair bit of stuff in Birds' coolermaster elite 120, you can fit a full size power supply, graphics card 3 (or 4) from memoery hard drives, a full size DVD rom all pakced in the size of a shoe box really or maybe a little bigger.

Oh and SSDs just chuck them where ever they fit in case if you need to.

Edited by UNR33L

isnt birds' case a mini ATX?

went to scorptec today for advice/quote and so far cheaper than expected.

Fractal Design Arc Mini R2

Asus Gryphon Z87 motherboard

Intel i5 4690k

SilverStone 750W power supply

with leftover funds will grab some RAM. probably some DDR3.

isnt birds' case a mini ATX?

went to scorptec today for advice/quote and so far cheaper than expected.

Fractal Design Arc Mini R2

Asus Gryphon Z87 motherboard

Intel i5 4690k

SilverStone 750W power supply

with leftover funds will grab some RAM. probably some DDR3.

Nah the elite 120 is M-ITX

I run a pretty big bastard myself, the corsair 750d but I love it, fits all my watercooling gear is nicely

• 3 weeks later...

finished building my new PC the other week. Micro-ATX isnt as small as I thought lol. back in my day, all PCs were this size haha. oh well, runs alright and is nice and quiet.

the Fractal case is great, really well designed and solid. The silverstone PSU came across pretty cheap and nasty compared to my old thermaltake.

Had a lot of f**king around with the motherboard to get it to POST. Wasted a lot of time trying to troubleshoot, turns out needed a BIOS update to run 4th gen Intel 1150 CPU's. updating via a USB stick is pretty nifty once you know how to do it properly.

IMAG0080_zpsc671d9dd.jpg

So the only thing carried over from old PC was the gfx card

• 3 weeks later...

We fit a fair bit of stuff in Birds' coolermaster elite 120, you can fit a full size power supply, graphics card 3 (or 4) from memoery hard drives, a full size DVD rom all pakced in the size of a shoe box really or maybe a little bigger.

Oh and SSDs just chuck them where ever they fit in case if you need to.

This is true.

Love my shoebox PC. Essentially a super powerful laptop in terms of portability. It fits everything inside so snuggly together that you really couldn't use the space any more efficiently. The only room is above the CPU where you need it.

Graphics card never overheats. CPU does get pretty hot playing intensive games in summer though. To be fair I think one of the case fans is disconnected and I could always put a desk fan on it.

This is true.

Love my shoebox PC. Essentially a super powerful laptop in terms of portability. It fits everything inside so snuggly together that you really couldn't use the space any more efficiently. The only room is above the CPU where you need it.

Graphics card never overheats. CPU does get pretty hot playing intensive games in summer though. To be fair I think one of the case fans is disconnected and I could always put a desk fan on it.

Yeah I don't think we connected that tiny side fan, doesn't do much but make more noise lol

That being said, CPUs definitely run hotter than GPUs mine hits ~80c where as GPU wont hit over 40c both are overclocked pretty heavily and under water.

What games you been playing? I'm in the market to find a new game to play on PC..

• 3 weeks later...

Below is my new setup...very happy with it

Case:Fractal Design R5 Titanium:
Mobo:Asus Z97-A:
CPU/Cooler: Intel 4690K/Coolermaster Nepton 280L:
RAM:12GB of Kingston HyperX Fury blue:
Monitor:Dell U2414H:
Graphics card:Gigabyte G1 GTX970:
Hard drives:128gb Samsung 840 EVO PRO + 1TB WB BLack):
Peripherals:Some random dell keyboard, Logitech G300, Swan M50w, D-Link WiFi card

Computer1_zpstrlelmn6.jpg

I want to install a sound card, card reader and blu-ray drive sometime down the line....

*edit pic added*

Edited by shubby0901

• 2 weeks later...

update on my setup few posts back...

still loving the fractal case, however the power button is right next to the 2x front USB ports. have slipped a number of times and turned the PC off. so frustrating. my BIOS doesnt have an option for a 4sec delay on power-off like my last motherboard :(

also the noctua fan has developed a low-rpm tick/clicking noise. the computer is very quiet so it is really getting annoying

Fractal do make some nice cases.

Looks great, sort out those pcie power cables though :P

Yeah they do.

I didn't bother much with cable management as the case doesn't have a window so you don't see anything haha

Its surprising how quiet the computer is...highly recommended, playing BF4 on nearly all max settings at 1080p and it makes tiny bit more noise than when its at idle

Edited by shubby0901

• 4 weeks later...

In my cheap AMD box, the Corsair water cooler leaked at the pump (CPU) and murdered the board. Avoid their AIO liquid coolers, their design is pretty meh anyway.

Funnily enough, the cheaper CoolerMaster AIO looks better built/designed.

• 2 weeks later...

Thermal Take Spedo Advanced Edition.
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
I7-920 @3.33GHZ and a Cooler Master, Something
G-Skill 3X2GB Corsair 3X2GB DDR3 + G-Skill Cooler
LG 24" LED Acer 24" LCD Acer 15" Wide LCD (Heat monitoring)
GTS250 1GB models X2 SLI GTS210 515 model (Heat monitoring GPU)
Intel 920 120GB WD500GB Green. 8X 2TB Green WD RAID0
Windows 8.1 64X
Logitech G105 Logitech G35 Logitech HD720 Cyborg R.A.T 7 + Server HDD chasis for extra HDD space.

My baby that was first made a server. then made into a gaming pc haha

Edited by iggy1328

• 2 weeks later...

Currently my specs are as follows:

Cooler Master 335U Elite

Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2500K clocked at 3.6GHz @ 1.15v (Was at 4.0GHz with 1.18v but getting too warm)

Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 2x4GB DDR3-1866

MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti Power Edition OC (Do have more powerful cards but PC needs moving as it is getting too warm)

WD Caviar Blue 500GB OS & Programs - WD Scorpio Black 750GB Games Storage - WD Caviar Green 2TB Main Storage

Seasonic 850w PSU

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate though soon to be Windows 10 once it is released

Really need a better place to put the PC because I have a pair of MSI GeForce GTX 660 Gaming Editions and also a pair of MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightnings sat doing nothing.

Edited by FireFox-89

Below is my new setup...very happy with it

Case:Fractal Design R5 Titanium:

Mobo:Asus Z97-A:

CPU/Cooler: Intel 4690K/Coolermaster Nepton 280L:

RAM:12GB of Kingston HyperX Fury blue:

Monitor:Dell U2414H:

Graphics card:Gigabyte G1 GTX970:

Hard drives:128gb Samsung 840 EVO PRO + 1TB WB BLack):

Peripherals:Some random dell keyboard, Logitech G300, Swan M50w, D-Link WiFi card

I want to install a sound card, card reader and blu-ray drive sometime down the line....

*edit pic added*

Wow that is pretty beastly :)

Edited by FireFox-89