SAU Community

2009 F1 Season

dezz

i don't think he would have had webber. and I don't think he backed off either. if anything he was going faster after the thinly veiled order to ease up. he just ran out of laps.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeh they were both going quicker then the pit wall would have liked. Vettel set the fastest first sector of the race and missed the fastest lap of the race by a tenth or something on the second last lap

maybe they should hold 1 short race a season (no fuel stop, one set of option tyres) as a demo where all the drivers drive exactly the same car, including suspension and alignment settings (some sort of f1 'control' car), and ballast them up so the weights are a dead match, and then we really seperate the men from the boys :)

shame it'll never happen...

They've kind of done something similar with charity go kart events in Europe. Not sure if they still do them but the one I saw in the early 00's had Michael Schumacher out front closely followed by Jarno Trulli with a 2-3 Kart gap to the rest of the drivers.

Remember on Top Gear where the F1 drivers did a lap in the "resaonably priced car", Webber, Hamilton and Mansell. Think that was all. Should make it compulsory for all current F1 drivers LOL!!!

Looks about right...i am waiting to see the list that the FIA publish. Interesting time...i am now hoping FOTA break away and do their own thing and build up sister teams using same chassis for some of the people wanting to jump into F1

FIA 2010 Formula One entry list:

SCUDERIA FERRARI MARLBORO - Ferrari

SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO - STR TBA

RED BULL RACING - RBR Renault

AT&T WILLIAMS - Williams Toyota

FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM - Force India Mercedes

CAMPOS GRAND PRIX - Campos Cosworth

MANOR GRAND PRIX - Manor Cosworth

TEAM US F1 - Team US F1 Cosworth

VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES * - McLaren Mercedes

BMW SAUBER F1 TEAM * - BMW Sauber

RENAULT F1 TEAM * - Renault

PANASONIC TOYOTA RACING * - Toyota

BRAWN GP FORMULA ONE TEAM * - Brawn TBA

* Conditional entries

Both Ferrari and Red Bull say they entries are conditional but FIA thinks other wise???

tryin to consider wether it's worth watchin the race on sunday sick of seeing brawn gp win would like to see more redbull or renauts up front. ie some deserving drivers not party boy button win again season is almost over for everyone else

Surely Force India will do good then. LOL i was at Silverstone about 6-8 weeks ago and had a look around Force India across the road, well they dont have tours just stuck my nose in ....still very humble factory from its days as Jordan :D

if the teams all pull out and make their own championship. All burnie will be left with is the F1 name and logo....and Williams.

Burnie isn't rolling in money for no reason, he'd be stupid to let 90% of the field make a brake away series.

nicee i been wanting this to happen

With those teams gone from F1 i guarantee the new breakaway will be much more exciting.

I bet the F1 under max will be similiar to A1 GP.

Just hope channel ten or HD one will get the coverage for next year.

Imagine the lineup of cars in the new championship

Im pretty sure you will see other teams entering, hoping nissan enter :down::P

would be quite amazing if they get a good line up in the break away.

nicee i been wanting this to happen

With those teams gone from F1 i guarantee the new breakaway will be much more exciting.

I bet the F1 under max will be similiar to A1 GP.

Just hope channel ten or HD one will get the coverage for next year.

Imagine the lineup of cars in the new championship

Im pretty sure you will see other teams entering, hoping nissan enter :P:)

would be quite amazing if they get a good line up in the break away.

If it does go ahead (it won't) it will, like every break away series that has ever been, result in a divisive, weakened pair of second rate "championships".

What will happen is that a compromise will be reached. I just hope that Williams & Force India screwed the FIA for all they are worth before they signed on.

As for Nissan - it will never happen. Renault owns Nissan & Renault can barely afford to be in F1. The expectation is that one or more of the manufacturers will be gone at years end. There is a lot of money on that manufacturer being Renault. Toyota is prbably close to leaving too - too much money for no results. They should go back to rallying (just without the cheating). :down:

Edited by djr81