SAU Community

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Paramour

• 3 weeks later...

So I took my car to 3 different exhaust places today to try to sort out an 80-82mm dump...

Exhaust Place #1 - What the f**k is that? Where it the turbo? A Nissan what? (outcome for anyone concerned - $600est for mild steel)

Exhaust Place #2 - Is it for that? What is it?? "Looks nice. Yep, quite nice" (outcome - couldn't see how the dump could come off. Bolt is longer than the space available)

Exhaust Place #3 - What the hell is that?!? "Looks nice. Sorta like a Volvo.. Audi.. something. Um, Volve rear, Audi front and something middle" (outcome - it is illegal to remove a part of the pipe if it has the cat installed in it... Sorry mate). As an aside, I was concerned when I said I wanted an 80mm dump pipe and his response was to show me an 80mm muffler tip... experts, eh?

So after wasting an hour today, a nice looking, VolvoAudiNissan "What" is what my car was described as today... take from that what you will

So you car is a VAN (VolvoAudiNissan)...lol

I had a guy come up and asked me why would I put a unicorn on my car (he throught it was a custom badge or something)...I told him what it was and still wouldn't beleive me, he seriously thought it was a volvo and I was just being rice and putting unicorns and nissan badges on it. I just kept laughing

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now I get the same 'looks like a VOLVO' crap in NZ and the more I look at the car the LESS it looks like a VOLVO!

I mean, show me an OVLOV that has a teardrop roof line and a volumptuous body line with smooth bulging arches, not to mention the smoth yet masculine front end.

The only thing that makes it remotely similar to the rounded off brick that is a VOLVO wagon is the tall tail lights.

People must be either blind or completely unable to recognise geometric shapes. I parked next to a V70 the other day and the shape was completely different. :P

Everytime i pull up to my friends nov they call my stag "volvo" or "740". =/ And it's only because i'm the worst volvohater you can find in sweden, and we got those things everywhere. Can't remember a day that i parked that i hadn't got a volvo beside me. =/

Everytime i pull up to my friends nov they call my stag "volvo" or "740". =/ And it's only because i'm the worst volvohater you can find in sweden, and we got those things everywhere. Can't remember a day that i parked that i hadn't got a volvo beside me. =/

:O ... but I still don't see how anyone can confuse a C34 with any model Volvo :)

Maybe the rear end is similar to the late 90's Toyota Camry in Australia, but not a Volvo.... my M35 on the other hand :P

Dropped my stag off for nistune chip and Dyno tune last week. Unfortunately the manager wasn't there so I had to drop it off with the apprentice. Later when I came to pick the car up the guys said the apprentice had called them and said "some bloke has just dropped his volvo off to get tuned or somethin". :D

He'd never seen a stag before. Funny, it's the first time anyone has thought my stag was a vovlo. As iamhe77 said, I don't reckon the c34's look much like a vovlo. Unless they have an r34 front end conversion :)

2000volvopcc23.jpg

well i would rather it be called a VOLVO than a hurst

few months back i was paying for petrol while hubby was in the car and the guy behind the counter goes is that a hurst??? like wtf???

does it really look like a hurst? its bright yellow for crying out loud