SAU Community

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Paramour

I was driving on the southern expressway in adelaide to a mates house when i was next to a volvo driver looking at the car. When we got to the end of it at the lights he winds down his window and his mate asks me what model volvo my car is i said its a nissan stagea and then lights turned green and away i was.It was quite a luagh for me and the missus

Edited by mrRS4

• 2 weeks later...

I Think im the biggest tool on here lol. I put a deposit on a M35ARX on saturday.

Saturday night was cruising up to the drive in with a mate in his R33 and was trying to describe to him what it looked like, and at that moment we cruised up behind KNGM35. we were still 30 meters away or so and i said it looks a bit like that volvo up ahead. as we got closer i read the plate and then the Stagea badge, my mate was laughing saying that i didnt even no the difference. What a tool. :thumbsup:

I tell you this was one quick volvo we tried to follow.

I Think im the biggest tool on here lol. I put a deposit on a M35ARX on saturday.

Saturday night was cruising up to the drive in with a mate in his R33 and was trying to describe to him what it looked like, and at that moment we cruised up behind KNGM35. we were still 30 meters away or so and i said it looks a bit like that volvo up ahead. as we got closer i read the plate and then the Stagea badge, my mate was laughing saying that i didnt even no the difference. What a tool. :thumbsup:

I tell you this was one quick volvo we tried to follow.

LOL....don't worry...had mine for a while now and made the same mistake when I spotted Andy65b once....only he also drives like a Volvo driver too. :P

Edited by Jetwreck

LOL....don't worry...had mine for a while now and made the same mistake when I spotted Andy65b once....only he also drives like a Volvo driver too. :P

Hey my economy is worse than yours so maybe I am not that slow. :thumbsup:

Hey my economy is worse than yours so maybe I am not that slow. :thumbsup:

Or maybe it's just running rich with the standard computer? :P

Time to go high flow Andy :D

regardless of what they look similar too, they drive like no wagon ive ever driven. As soon as i drove it i was in love with it. My missus saw the look on my face and new that we were buying this car.

Funny, we went out looking at C34s, hoping to spend around $15000 on a good one, only to drive the M35 and spend $20k. shes going to kill me lol. :P:thumbsup:

the bloke who sold it to me new as well that as soon as i drove it it would be all over.

regardless of what they look similar too, they drive like no wagon ive ever driven. As soon as i drove it i was in love with it. My missus saw the look on my face and new that we were buying this car.

Funny, we went out looking at C34s, hoping to spend around $15000 on a good one, only to drive the M35 and spend $20k. shes going to kill me lol. :P:thumbsup:

the bloke who sold it to me new as well that as soon as i drove it it would be all over.

Audi RS4's drive a bit better than Stags. . . . but the price reflects it too. . .

De badged mine and now the other prisoners of Great Britain think that it is a Hearse , Volvo , or "police test car as no none flashes me when i overtake" . I am flashed by every motorist in my R32 http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/st...fault/bunny.gif !! Makes this the best car to drive progressively on public roads - as it is referred to as the hearse http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/st...fault/devil.gif think i`ll be buried in it

While I didn't have anyone directly callin it a Volvo, we had a couple of guys tricked up VE SS pull up next to my mate and me and checkin out our girls in the back. They pulled out hard and my mate (who sold me the car) caned them at that set of lights. The next set of lights they pulled up next to us with a puzzled look :wub: probably thinkin how the hell a Volvo wagon could have done that. They tried a bit more seriously at that set of lights and got their asses handed to them again. They promptly pulled behind us at the next set of lights to check out what the hell was going on. I reckon they figured it out cos we got a wave at the next set of lights when we were waitin to turn right! That was good value with me and my mate crackin up in the front and the girls rollin their eyes saying 'boys will be boys'! :blink:

While I didn't have anyone directly callin it a Volvo, we had a couple of guys tricked up VE SS pull up next to my mate and me and checkin out our girls in the back. They pulled out hard and my mate (who sold me the car) caned them at that set of lights. The next set of lights they pulled up next to us with a puzzled look :) probably thinkin how the hell a Volvo wagon could have done that. They tried a bit more seriously at that set of lights and got their asses handed to them again. They promptly pulled behind us at the next set of lights to check out what the hell was going on. I reckon they figured it out cos we got a wave at the next set of lights when we were waitin to turn right! That was good value with me and my mate crackin up in the front and the girls rollin their eyes saying 'boys will be boys'! :D

I'm curious as to your mates mods. . . a VE SS is no slouch off the line or through the gears...... .

JP

Edited by Paramour

I was going to comment on that too, but thought I would leave it lol

I got chewed up and spat out by a Black SS Holden Sportwagon, don't worry, once I've got the high flow turbo and some serious exhaust work completed I'm sure I will have more of a chance :D

Sounded nice when he dropped the pedal though.

I was going to comment on that too, but thought I would leave it lol

I got chewed up and spat out by a Black SS Holden Sportwagon, don't worry, once I've got the high flow turbo and some serious exhaust work completed I'm sure I will have more of a chance :P

Sounded nice when he dropped the pedal though.

Yes off the line they are very hard to beat. . . . come twisties and luxury features another story. . . . .

Personally I dont fly off the line. . .

I'm curious as to your mates mods. . . a VE SS is no slouch off the line or through the gears...... .

JP

I think someone is either confusing a VT-VZ SS or they have some interesting mods on their M35.

Remember, the VE SS has over 300kw stock while an M35 has just over 200kw stock while being around the same weight.

It does not add up unless the road was wet, then it is quite possible.... and has been done :(

Edited by iamhe77

I think someone is either confusing a VT-VZ SS or they have some interesting mods on their M35.

Remember, the VE SS has over 300kw stock while an M35 has just over 200kw stock while being around the same weight.

It does not add up unless the road was wet, then it is quite possible.... and has been done :(

I thought VE SS had 270kw stock. Yep it was raining and it was dark. I could have sworn it was a VE SS but then i could have made a mistake. :O I'll confirm with my mate anyways

I thought VE SS had 270kw stock. Yep it was raining and it was dark. I could have sworn it was a VE SS but then i could have made a mistake. :( I'll confirm with my mate anyways

Just checked.

Yep 270kw. My error.

A mate of mine has a VE SS which has 307kw as stock, so I don't know what "option" was different with his, but it is definitely not an HSV.

A mate dropped around last weekend, saw the new car, "A Volvo eh? How does it feel wanting to run yourself down..." (reference to me being a bike rider as well). Said, "yeah, it's not a Volvo actually, it's a Nissan". Anyway after three hours of calling it a Volvo, finally spots one of the many Nissan badges...

He does drive a Hyundai tho' :dry: Did concede that it was a pretty cool car, in the end...

Ok, not quite a Volvo story but pretty interesting, was in Manly today and as usual get the occasional what sort of car is that. . . . but this time it was a older bloke in his late 40's and he said:

"Mate thats a really cool wagon, what is it, doest it go" yeah heard it before but never from a guy driving a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti. . . . .. . .

Be an opportunist I replied " We can swap if you really want the wagon. . . " he laughed and obviously no pink slip exchanges. . . .

But funny none the less. .

• 2 weeks later...
I thought VE SS had 270kw stock. Yep it was raining and it was dark. I could have sworn it was a VE SS but then i could have made a mistake. :D I'll confirm with my mate anyways

Not that I've driven one yet, but when I was reading Racq magazine (queensland), they quoted the 0-100 times of the 270kw wagon as 7.1 seconds. Pretty sure that a stock m35 is atleast the same (despite shitty off the line). Given the fact it was raining, the awd Stag would fair pretty well at least for the 1st couple of hundred metres.