SAU Community

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Paramour

Not that I've driven one yet, but when I was reading Racq magazine (queensland), they quoted the 0-100 times of the 270kw wagon as 7.1 seconds. Pretty sure that a stock m35 is atleast the same (despite shitty off the line). Given the fact it was raining, the awd Stag would fair pretty well at least for the 1st couple of hundred metres.

Pretty sure the official 0-100 figure for the M35 is around 7 seconds - not sure what the average driver would be able to acheive in practise though. But yes, should be close, with the advantage going heavily to the M35 in the wet.

Pretty sure the official 0-100 figure for the M35 is around 7 seconds - not sure what the average driver would be able to acheive in practise though. But yes, should be close, with the advantage going heavily to the M35 in the wet.

If my memory serves me correctly, I am pretty sure that Jetwreck performed three 0-100kph runs and averaged around 6.8secs.

Pretty sure that he only had aftermarket suspension at the time (stock boost, turbo etc)

Went to a holden dealer the other day to look at a patrol, the salesman said is that a camry wagon? :)

i was like um nah cya then gave it some 8000rpm love as i left and watched all the salesmans faces :D

Went to a holden dealer the other day to look at a patrol, the salesman said is that a camry wagon? :D

i was like um nah cya then gave it some 8000rpm love as i left and watched all the salesmans faces :O

Jeez, 8000rpm in a front wheel drive... Must have been a fair bit of smoke! :P

Camry Wagon? Lol. Gotta love these "car experts".

Glad they are the ones that decide the trade-in value! :)

Hahaha, the problem with a majority of car salesmen is that they're probably employed purely on their sales success instead of how much they love their products and cars in general.

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled up to a servo and was filling the tank when a black Prelude rolled up.

Must have had a condescending grin on my face because as I walked past the guy to go and pay he gave me a bit of "Wot tha F*ck yoush lookin' at bro? Mi VTEC wiw kiw dat Volvo shid!"

Laughed heartily as I walked into the servo.

Why the condescending face?

Black '92 Prelude, copy of an AB Flug body kit, stock wheels, 6" tacho, Cannon tip, not to mention the electric blue windscreen wipers. :)

Edited by iamhe77

• 3 weeks later...

That's Hilarious.....off topic...

I drag'd a 92/93 prelude in my Pop's Nissan Micra (5spd man, 1.8/1.6ltr? twin cam)

a couple years back and left the tool for dead.

The little bubble chirped in 1,2,3rd....vroom.

I was in hysterics that the little economic bubble could beat a supposed sport car.

Pulled up to a servo and was filling the tank when a black Prelude rolled up.

Must have had a condescending grin on my face because as I walked past the guy to go and pay he gave me a bit of "Wot tha F*ck yoush lookin' at bro? Mi VTEC wiw kiw dat Volvo shid!"

Laughed heartily as I walked into the servo.

Why the condescending face?

Black '92 Prelude, copy of an AB Flug body kit, stock wheels, 6" tacho, Cannon tip, not to mention the electric blue windscreen wipers. :)

That's Hilarious.....off topic...

I drag'd a 92/93 prelude in my Pop's Nissan Micra (5spd man, 1.8/1.6ltr? twin cam)

a couple years back and left the tool for dead.

The little bubble chirped in 1,2,3rd....vroom.

I was in hysterics that the little economic bubble could beat a supposed sport car.

Hahaha, specs on the Micra work even more in your favour - it's most likely a 1.4ltr!!!

V-TEC?

NO!

my gf said to me the other day....

thought i saw you near my house.. it looked so much like your car from behind.., then i saw the front..

i'm like 'yeah it was probably a volvo??'

'yeah thats exactly what it was'.

mistaken identity :D

I had my first, what kind of Volvo is this moment from my father in laws mate, who as it turns out is a doosh-bag.

he preceded to attempt to convince me that buying an import was a crazy idea because i couldn't get parts for it especially a Nissan because they are crap. Not long later his daughter and her boyfriend turned up in a VL turbo and he said. "Now that's a car, Australian made yadda yadda." I was so embarrassed for him.

Why do i know these people?

I had my first, what kind of Volvo is this moment from my father in laws mate, who as it turns out is a doosh-bag.

he preceded to attempt to convince me that buying an import was a crazy idea because i couldn't get parts for it especially a Nissan because they are crap. Not long later his daughter and her boyfriend turned up in a VL turbo and he said. "Now that's a car, Australian made yadda yadda." I was so embarrassed for him.

Why do i know these people?

Please, please, please tell me you asked him who made the engine for it.

Please, please, please tell me you asked him who made the engine for it.

Yeah, he took some convincing. I wish i had thought of it at the time, but what i should have said was...

"you RB-ing an idiot."

See what i did there. :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
i keep thinking that i've spotted M35s..... but they never are once u get closer.. just volvos :D

hahaha! Yeah I thought I spotted a R34 GT-t in Mt Eliza the other day. It was parked waaaaay down the end of the street facing me.

When I got closer, it was a lowered Camry with an aftermarket front bar :)