SAU Community

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Paramour

• 2 weeks later...

I've mostly had people tell me it looks similar to a volvo but they can't place it. Only once had someone directly call it a Volvo but they weren't surprised at all when I said it wasn't one.

Still need to order my VOLVO and 1.3L badges.

friend's sister called my black RS Four S a hearse

get so many puzzled looks when people pull up next to it at the lights (not many around my area)

surprised a few Commodore drivers on the weekend (who tried to cut in from the outside where the lane ended)

i'm loving it

• 2 weeks later...

get so many puzzled looks when people pull up next to it at the lights (not many around my area)

surprised a few Commodore drivers on the weekend (who tried to cut in from the outside where the lane ended)

i'm loving it

Yeah, I surprised someone in a falcon the other day on the way home from work. Tool was going 70kph in an 80kph zone and it changes to double lanes around all the roundabouts. Absoloutely smashed him going through the bend. He gave me the thumbs up though so he wasn't to bad.

I was speaking to the bloke who lives around the corner from me that has a M35 Autech Axis Stag, as we were discussing the finer points of the cars he just comes out with, "but yours looks like a volvo" :P

• 3 weeks later...

i'm loving it

hahaha funny as man! cos my mum n dad call mine the same thing.. every time we speak its like.... "oh how's the hearse going??" :)

i was visiting scotty_nm35 today and i went for a snack to maccas and two guys were eyeing off my car. (mind u, one had cross tatooes under each eye..wtf?)

when i came back to my car they walked over and were like. dude nice ride.. thats one hot looking "VOLVO"

i corrected them tho :laugh:

Edited by atomaly

hahaha,

Pulled up to the service station today, filled my car up.

Went inside to pay and the service attendant said, "i like your souped up volvo mate, i've never ever seen one like that before"...

I started laughing, he's like whats so funny?sorry to correct you mate but it's a nissan stagea, He's like "it's a what"? haha

• 3 weeks later...

the other night we stopped at a roadside kebab shop and these four guys started arguing over what my stagea was, one of them even walked around the car looking for a badge but as my car car has no badges he turned to his mate and says:

"im telling you man its a four door chaser wagon" LoL

mat says " nah it cant be"

He says " mate i know my chasers and this is a chaser"

this is the shortened version of events but how the hell does a stagea look anything like a bloody chaser :)

we pulled over the other night to help a guy who'd broken down and while he was waiting for us to get a bottle of water out the back he goes "Oh boy! Is this a Volvo?.. Nice!" He said it with so much enthusiasm and seemed genuinely disappointed when we told him it was a Stagea :D

My wife was driving the stag around yesterday and pulled up in the RH lane next to some jerk in a VT/VX/VY commodore who asked her to wind down the window then promptly started abusing her telling her that f#@!n wagons should be in the left hand lane blah blah blah. She just told the guy "Dont talk about what you dont know"...

Then when the light went green she showed him just what this "slow" wagon could do...leaving him for dead (despite his best efforts to keep up). The loser was so embarrassed he took off down a side street so that he didn't have to stop next to her again at the next set of lights.

haha :)

• 1 month later...

was in a local tyre shop yesterday getting some shorter wheel nuts wen the fella in there asks me the thread size

i say "12x1.25"

he goes "12x1.25? you sure about that? i thought volvo's were a different size..

geezer

was in a local tyre shop yesterday getting some shorter wheel nuts wen the fella in there asks me the thread size

i say "12x1.25"

he goes "12x1.25? you sure about that? i thought volvo's were a different size..

geezer

He's right . .volvo's are a different size. . lol

Picked my 260RS up on Tuesday night. I had owned it for exactly one hour and the servo attendant said, "nice looking Subaru there, what model is it?" lmoa. I havnt had the Volvo comments yet, but in the week I've had it, 3 mates have looked and gone, "omg its a hearse, why did you buy a hearse?", I reply with, "cos it has an RB26 and full GTR driveline.... :) " "...oh, I see"

• 1 month later...

Got 4 new tyres put on at my local tyrepower yesturday, I walk in the shop and the bloke goes " that's your Peugeot out there is it?" I just looked at him and he was like " oh Volvo then" I thought lol Peugeot that's a new one, I said it's a Nissan and He gave me the old WTF look, the young guys in the shop liked it though.

Edited by horrace