SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

Head was fully reconditioned but no porting was done. Tomei type B valve springs and new bronze exhaust guide inserts. Grex 264/9.3 cams. Tomei cam gears.

25psi boost.

BP 98 fuel.

Built and tunned by Jim at Dart Automotive.

It has plenty of response and mid range. Very happy with it.

Tim.

post-224-1286265041_thumb.jpg

This is my build thread but it hasnt been updated with new dyno graph above.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/32...ld-t320793.html

Edited by R32 Zilla

good work, its definately got a 10 in it with a good driver :down:

definitely!

i did an 11.1 with 320awkw (if i changed into 4th across the finish line & not hit the limiter in 3rd, it would have been a 10)

with 390awkw it is well truly a mid 10

good work, its definately got a 10 in it with a good driver :down:

Give us a chance! haha. I only got 3 runs the other night before it rained and it was called off. I was getting faster with each run. We were slowly dropping tyre pressures. Got an 11.21 @130 on the last run with a 1.78 60ft. As some of you know its not as easy once you get up around this power especially on street tyres. With my old motor it was just a case of giving it everything to reach its potential. But yea it is easily capable of a mid to high 10 with either some more practise on street tyres or a simple tyre change would get me there.

This is no drag set up though. If I wanted it to be faster over 400m I would have chose different turbos/turbo and made 500kw which this motor could easilly handle. I chose the -5's for response on the street and for hill climbs and the circuit etc. I like corners.

Oh and the 390kw is RWKW not AWKW Marko. I dont think that makes a lot of difference but lets not start that debate again haha.

Tim.

i ran 10.98 @ 130.7 mph with 405awkw, on old street tyres, federal 595s. and worn out os giken clutch,

last week with 285kw stockis R32 GTR just power fc,exh, steel wheel turboes, 3/4 tank of fuel, spare wheel, jack, all interior in etc ran 11.7 @ 118mph on my 2nd run, got booted out cause i didnt want to renew my ANDRA licence,

i spent over 45g on my last GTR to get 10.98, my new GTR i have spent maybe 4g, big difference in costs to get from mid 11s into the 10s

oh and i didnt mean to start a big war on rwkw to awkw :P

Just a question that is kind of related to here; in my quest to get to 400kW :(... does anyone know if you can use Supertech bronze manganese valve guides with Ferrea oversize valves? Ferrea don't make any for the RB26 apparantly.

Just a question that is kind of related to here; in my quest to get to 400kW :(... does anyone know if you can use Supertech bronze manganese valve guides with Ferrea oversize valves? Ferrea don't make any for the RB26 apparantly.

I dont see any reason why you couldnt.

I may actually be able to join this list very soon!! things are finally looking good! tho it may be steves 500kw club!

i will be going GTRS on a built 2.6, 280 10.8's, E85, CR box with as much boost as it will allow 2 bar close.. then back it off to keep things together haha.

I'm sending the car away tomorrow to get the exhaust fitted and an oil air separator made cause what's on there now is terrible.

Then, straight to the dyno :(