SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

made 427.9 kw last nite on 25 psi dropping to 24 and with a couple of little misses

built 26

272 cams and asorted head work

t88-33d turbo

for some reason power starts to drop off abit at 7250rpm instead of still climbing

made 427.9 kw last nite on 25 psi dropping to 24 and with a couple of little misses

built 26

t88-33d turbo

for some reason power starts to drop off abit at 7250rpm instead of still climbing

What is the T88-33d like; full boost when and what size ex. housing?

its laggy but its soo fun on boost, i love it. it drives around normally quite nice in my opinion

full boost at 5900rpm all way to 9250 redline

18cm exhaust housing

i had gtrs' before i got the motor built and its alot more fun to drive. love the sound of an open 60mm gate that goes straight to atmosphere

its laggy but its soo fun on boost, i love it. it drives around normally quite nice in my opinion

18cm exhaust housing

i had gtrs' before i got the motor built and its alot more fun to drive. love the sound of an open 60mm gate that goes straight to atmosphere

Yes; that is late on boost. I wonder how the 15cm ex. housing will go at improving it? If you are not fussed guess it doesnt matter.

I think you should post a video though so everyone can enjoy the open gate to atmo :)

im not spending any more money on my engine. im happy with how it is

just gotta get my brakes upgraded and thats it, car is complete

no vids of runs. fone died at work and had nothing to record with

What setup have you got for cracking the 4's?

I'd happily take you if mines ready, it's pretty much impossible to be there though cause it's not long enough to get the work done. If a late night happens on Saturday and it's all good I'll pm you. In saying that I'm expecting to need a lift aswel so tgeres no need for the supra

Cheers steve..

The current setup is a built 26 ..forged pistons,stock rods with arp bolts, N1 pump with nitto gears,heavily ported head with JUN 9.5 268 & large valves, ported & ceramic coated stock exhaust manifolds, modified hks 2530's ,R34 dumps, id2000's & haltech platinum pro.

If 2 bar of boost doesnt see it crack 400 then E85 should do it.

It's nothing mega, that one will come later..full counter 2.8 crank,pankl titanium rods & the head from the current one.

Cheers steve..

The current setup is a built 26 ..forged pistons,stock rods with arp bolts, N1 pump with nitto gears,heavily ported head with JUN 9.5 268 & large valves, ported & ceramic coated stock exhaust manifolds, modified hks 2530's ,R34 dumps, id2000's & haltech platinum pro.

If 2 bar of boost doesnt see it crack 400 then E85 should do it.

It's nothing mega, that one will come later..full counter 2.8 crank,pankl titanium rods & the head from the current one.

Yep confirmed, zero chance of it being there

Pankl rods? Oh pics please! They're no doubt obe of the best available. What stroker do you want?

If all else fails, add boost :P

built 26

t88-33d turbo

im not spending any more money on my engine. im happy with how it is

just gotta get my brakes upgraded and thats it, car is complete

no vids of runs. fone died at work and had nothing to record with

when are you going to WSID? i wanna come watch :P

the drop in the top end might be cam timing, the tuner might have it setup to help with response but will suffer in the top end a little.

my old GTR 419kw had the same little misses your talking about, boost seems to blow the spark out especially 25psi

18cm exhaust housing

I like your attitude!

That's where most people go wrong...... go with what makes you smile! not what spools up 100rpm earlier...

when are you going to WSID? i wanna come watch :P

the drop in the top end might be cam timing, the tuner might have it setup to help with response but will suffer in the top end a little.

my old GTR 419kw had the same little misses your talking about, boost seems to blow the spark out especially 25psi

i wont be going up till early next year. heaps busy with work atm and other things in life so that will be the earliest.

knowing me tho ill probly do a few more tweaks here and there before i go, i just cant help myself.

looking at breaking into the 10s when i go

i wont be going up till early next year. heaps busy with work atm and other things in life so that will be the earliest.

knowing me tho ill probly do a few more tweaks here and there before i go, i just cant help myself.

looking at breaking into the 10s when i go

even with the power.... 10's aint as easy as it seems.

I like your attitude!

That's where most people go wrong...... go with what makes you smile! not what spools up 100rpm earlier...

thats right, heaps of people told me it would be shit to drive but i havnt had a single problem with the way it is.

there was only 600rpm difference between my gtrs' and the t88 for full boost so im not going to let that bother me at all.

maybe later on if i want to track race ill go low mounts again but untill that day im not looking back

even with the power.... 10's aint as easy as it seems.

yeh i know. i went 11.4 with average launch and bad 1st to 2nd gear change. that was with 400kw

so since thsat have had another tune new fuel system and os giken gearbox

thats right, heaps of people told me it would be shit to drive but i havnt had a single problem with the way it is.

there was only 600rpm difference between my gtrs' and the t88 for full boost so im not going to let that bother me at all.

maybe later on if i want to track race ill go low mounts again but untill that day im not looking back

Might be 600rpm difference between your GTRS' but full boost at 5900 is at least 1800rpm difference between most T04Z results on a 2.6L

and making the same power at the same boost...

i have a to4z and i think i get full boost just before 5000 , that's on a 2.6L with fogies and complety stock head.

personally i wouldn't be putting a to4z on any thing with out some serious head work and preferably stroked a bit.

i.e i maxed out my 023 bosch fuel pump on 16psi lol , that's not even in the turbos affections

you mean efficiency? ^^^

T04z should be running a .82 rear housing, mine had a 1.0 rear and was on song at about 4750ish

mine made 419KW on 25psi,

ive heard stories of ppl making the same power with a .82 and less lag.

T88 would be pretty sweet as it ramps onto boost and then fry tires,

you mean efficiency? ^^^

T04z should be running a .82 rear housing, mine had a 1.0 rear and was on song at about 4750ish

mine made 419KW on 25psi,

ive heard stories of ppl making the same power with a .82 and less lag.

T88 would be pretty sweet as it ramps onto boost and then fry tires,

yer i have the 0.82 , any idea why mines a tad more lagy?

i have std head , do u have a std head?

cant remember if i posted it in here ages ago but mine has gone 585rwhp on 18psi and 98 pump, t04z, 2.7L, extensive headwork and big cams. It also made 605rwhp on 22psi but was misfiring so backed off early. I ran 11.3 @ 124mph in a 1740kg car when it made 520rwhp on same dyno.

The new car in nearly ready to run again with this engine so looking forward to seeing what it can do.

yer i have the 0.82 , any idea why mines a tad more lagy?

i have std head , do u have a std head?

Yeah mine had standard head. Just drop in poncams and cam gears.

I havent hadthat car for about 3 years so my memory ofthe lag isnt the best.

Just to rub it in guys my current (near stock)GTR has a whopping 285kw and runs 11.7.

Just to make u feel glad u spent all that money to gain half a second like i did in my last GTR ;)