SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

Hey N1GTR,

Yeah i've been reading through the 26 thread at the results, it is pretty useful but there isnt alot as far as GT-RS or T88 goes, Nismoid is right though, a t04z does indeed look pretty sexy...

I know what you mean about the debate though, single versus twins... Lol

400kw at 6K is a pretty mean figure, is that using a 3.0L , do the Rs's bolt up to the standard manifold ?

Cheers,

Mitch.

stock 15yo 120k bottom end

T517Z 10cm

Greddy intake and dump pipe work

260 pon cams

Apexi drag cooler

Pump 98

23psi of boost (it wouldnt make any more boost)

396.8rwkw (made 402.5 but a little too lean)

Hope it helps.

J.

Im running -5 turbos on a rb 26 powered GTST making a claimed 380 RWKW with a built bottom end using standard cams and standard dump pipes. l have been a passenger in cars with around the same power using a big single and all l can say, compared to my setup they feel so much more faster and the power seems to never taper off. The only good option l can see with a twin setup like l have, is that it looks quite stock in appearance giving you less hassle with the cops. l know if was tossing up between low mount twins or a single again and what l know now and what l want the car for, l would take the big single.

It comes down to preference at the end of the day.

Single and twins can both be laggy and responsive. Just depends what you want to achieve from the motor.

Its a neverending argument :(

Main factors for the choice are:

Cost

Power level

And intended use.

Most of the time people just bolt turbos on just to see what power the engine can make and put no real thought or research into it. Then complain on a forum about why the engine is laggy or why they did not make their 'target' power goal.

On another note, we should get all these 400kw cars together for a cruise. Tony and Steve im talking to you :cheers:

On another note, we should get all these 400kw cars together for a cruise. Tony and Steve im talking to you :cheers:

mmmHHHmmm Dave...Now we are talking :)

Once my dogbox gets fixed, It will be a great idea for that cruise...

We Shall call it what..... Prob 'THE 400KW+ ROAD KINGS' LOLOL oh and for all to know i will be doing some extreme video's of mine launching and going through the gears big time!! :( Blowing the standard motor is my aim :P

a friend has a 3076 on their supra and i have a 35r on my RB30, for that hit when it ramps up the 3582 is great but for every day use around town honestly i think i would rather the 3076 it just drives like a stock turbo.

mmmHHHmmm Dave...Now we are talking :banana:

We Shall call it what..... Prob 'THE 400KW+ ROAD KINGS' LOLOL oh and for all to know i will be doing some extreme video's of mine launching and going through the gears big time!! :laugh: Blowing the standard motor is my aim :cheers:

this is some early footage of the T88 signal car i keep banging on about (http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/T7...rd-t311305.html).

Car has had a few changes since but is the reigning time attack car in the US.... but see's most of its time in the drift series with a T04R.

Nytsky, slightly off topic - going from 365wkw with the GT3076R to 390wkw with the GT3582R.... which is your preferred setup?

Have not finished with the setup yet. So power level will increase soon.

For the street you cannot beat the 3076!

this is some early footage of the T88 signal car i keep banging on about. Car has had a few changes since but is the reigning time attack car in the US.... but see's most of its time in the drift series with a T04R.

This is a great video, i have seen it many times...Love the gate lol

Many others will agree im sure :laugh:

Hey N1GTR,

Yeah i've been reading through the 26 thread at the results, it is pretty useful but there isnt alot as far as GT-RS or T88 goes, Nismoid is right though, a t04z does indeed look pretty sexy...

I know what you mean about the debate though, single versus twins... Lol

400kw at 6K is a pretty mean figure, is that using a 3.0L , do the Rs's bolt up to the standard manifold ?

Cheers,

Mitch.

Yep stock manifolds. Mine are on stock manifolds.

Also yes, 3L

On another note, we should get all these 400kw cars together for a cruise. Tony and Steve im talking to you :laugh:

In.

I just got back from Nasho, why not start at mine or Tonys (long way that is haha), then down to Waterfall and get on the Nasho, go over Seacliff bridge, up Bulli then the nice straight highway on the way back....?

Any further and us E85 guys will need a few jerry cans in the back hahaha

mmmHHHmmm Dave...Now we are talking :banana:

We Shall call it what..... Prob 'THE 400KW+ ROAD KINGS' LOLOL oh and for all to know i will be doing some extreme video's of mine launching and going through the gears big time!! :laugh: Blowing the standard motor is my aim :cheers:

I've got an awesome video camera ...

I'd be up for the drive. Turbo's go back on this coming weekend. Yeehar!

PM me your number and I'll let you know when it's organized :)

What turbos are they?

What sort of power?

can i have a drive of your car Steve ???

i'll let you drive my 235killa wasps :)

how do the RS's respond on a 2.6L compared to your 3L?

Lol, maybe :huh: Wait till the brakes are on it and the tune finished, then it will be much nicer

never had them on my 2.6, but in other gtr's with them on, I havnt been impressed-for all that lag they may aswel be a to4z