SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

the whole purpose of this thread is The DiRTy Risking Dave head and cam coffee table chat?

if its not im leaving

It would seem that way.

Dave if you have time on your side, there is a flow bench and equipement locally that I can line up for you. Just need to make a cam selection or try a few of the spare cams we have and make a decision based on what works with the ports you have done or want to do.

cool! yes paul it bench racing at its best :)

i find bench racing the most cost effective and easiest on tyre wear and brakes.

Speaking of bench...Santa dropped a new flow bench into our workshop over the break...got to learn how to use it properly now.

Edited by DiRTgarage

jun 2.7L

hks t04z 0.81 on trust s/s manifold

436rwkw on 18psi (98 pump fuel)

451rwkw on 22psi (98 pump fuel)

spark issues on 22psi so didnt push to rpm limiter (backed off at 7500rpm or so), more to come very soon with new ignition setup

Edited by unique1

jun 2.7L

hks t04z 0.81 on trust s/s manifold

436rwkw on 18psi (98 pump fuel)

451rwkw on 22psi (98 pump fuel)

spark issues on 22psi so didnt push to rpm limiter (backed off at 7500rpm or so), more to come very soon with new ignition setup

when you say spark issues u really mean the chamber was ignited before the spark plug fired hey brad :D

How are you guys finding the results from the flow bench testing correlating back into the real world power figures? Its just a few of you guys were talking how NA cam and head setups are completely different to turbo head and cam setups however your still deriving results using vacuum based flow assessment.

its a "Superflow 110" ahh well, thats whats written on the front of it.

and heres a photo of me using it...lol

I'm sure I've seen you in some old movies. Bit hard to tell with all your clothes on though. :cool:

My entry:

GT-R R33 vspec

Standard Bottom End

Standard Head Gasket

Standard Head

Drop in Trust 272* cams + Gears

Trust T88 Set up

Apexi Drag Cooler

Greddy Plenum

440awkw / 1134Nm torque at the 4 wheels on 26psi running PUMP FUEL @ Dart Automotive (New Mainline Dyno)

Motor Is still going strong...But managed to destroy a Trust 6 speed Dogbox hhhmmmm.....

:P

• 1 year later...

How does a combo like that go on the street, response and driveability wise (T88) ?

I'm pushing 330kw Atm and have turned into a bit of a power whore.. Lol

So im considering going the t88 route with one of the smaller rears, any advice ?

Cheers,

Mitch.

How are you guys finding the results from the flow bench testing correlating back into the real world power figures? Its just a few of you guys were talking how NA cam and head setups are completely different to turbo head and cam setups however your still deriving results using vacuum based flow assessment.

I'd like to know this also...

Anyone who's doing "RnD" want to weigh in?