SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

How does a combo like that go on the street, response and driveability wise (T88) ?

I'm pushing 330kw Atm and have turned into a bit of a power whore.. Lol

So im considering going the t88 route with one of the smaller rears, any advice ?

Cheers,

Mitch.

On the street, can't be good.

Considering nothing really happens until 150km/h, doesn't really suit a street driven purpose - if you want a fast streeter.

its a "Superflow 110" ahh well, thats whats written on the front of it.

and heres a photo of me using it...lol

id recognise that head anywhere. that is goin to be one fast yz 250.

I'm sure tony will find this thread again soon, but he'll say the t88 isn't laggy at all.

Only due to the gearbox he mentioned.

Btw tony; lowmounts :P

If you take off in 3rd, maybe...

Oh come on, a 400rwkw+ setup being fast on the street?

Please... a 330-350rwkw setup will always be the more streetable setup in the hills and so on.

The bigger power setup will "feel" faster, because its nothing nothing nothing - boom - there we go...

Feeling and actually being fast = not the same.

Oh come on, a 400rwkw+ setup being fast on the street?

Please... a 330-350rwkw setup will always be the more streetable setup in the hills and so on.

The bigger power setup will "feel" faster, because its nothing nothing nothing - boom - there we go...

Feeling and actually being fast = not the same.

Completely and utterly disagree - by far the fastest street car I have ever been in was making around 480awkw when I went in it. Not just top speed stuff, just everywhere. RB30DET running 1.8bar with a hearty turbo etc... in an R33 GTR. Nuts, at any speed. I liked :P

I'm sort of tossing up between 34 N1, GT-RS and T88,

Obviously im a fan of twins :P who isnt :( ?

But im willing to go big single if it will push me into the 450awkw area....

Say if the T88 will give boost by 5, so i can rev it out to 8 or 9k, thats not such a bad powerband, especially considering all the power you pick up right ?

Cheers,

Mitch.

Nee-san - im assuming yoiu have R34 N1s/GT-SS's/-7s or -9s currently???

On a properly built motor you can get around 400rwkw from lowmounts, just the usual Garrett -5's which would just be a bolt on/off affair for you.

Probably the best of both worlds from the sound of your posts.

Completely and utterly disagree - by far the fastest street car I have ever been in was making around 480awkw when I went in it. Not just top speed stuff, just everywhere. RB30DET running 1.8bar with a hearty turbo etc... in an R33 GTR. Nuts, at any speed. I liked :P

We are talking 2.6ltr's far as i know as it sounds like Nee-san does not have a stroker/3ltr setup currently :(

I'd agree different motors/setups could be better depending, just not in this particular case.

R31...you said that nothing really happens until 150km/h with the T88. I completely disagree, and hence my post. Once its on boost its on for young and old...

Steve I did just find this thread LOL :P and all i will say is this...

If i ever lose to a low mount gtr on the street i would set fire to my GTR!!!

If your interest is in hill climbs etc etc you like response stick with your boring low mounts...

R31Nismoid what are you going about?? How isn't a 400+ kw gtr not fast on the street??

I got friends who love low mounts etc etc and they dont stand a chance.....

How does a combo like that go on the street, response and driveability wise (T88) ?

I'm pushing 330kw Atm and have turned into a bit of a power whore.. Lol

So im considering going the t88 route with one of the smaller rears, any advice ?

Cheers,

Mitch.

Well I run a TRUST 6 SPEED DOG box which is a close ratio gearbox.

Car drives really well and isn't sluggish at all,Driving a single turbo gtr is the best feeling. I will never go back to twins!

If you do decide to go ahead with a t88. there are so many options you can use. T88-33D (15cm/18cm), T88-34D (15cm/18cm/22cm)

I got got like two kits here i am not using atm so if you want one let me know.

R31...you said that nothing really happens until 150km/h with the T88. I completely disagree, and hence my post. Once its on boost its on for young and old...

if you want to look at it that way, nothing happens untill 4000 where it starts to build boost, you hit full boost at 5500 and then its wheel spin for the first 4 gears.

Hey Guys, Bit of a can of worms this one !

R31Nismoid, I have 33 N1's at the moment on a 2.7 litre overbore, i do love the idea of -5's as alot of the boys on here have some very impressive results however i might be looking for a touch more power then what they will put out.

T88 ON BOARD, do you find that the close ration really wakes the car up, or would it be ok on the standard ratio/box ?

As for that video, that 34 R is a f**king animal ! is that your beasty is it ?

Thanks for all the input boys !

Cheers,

Mitch.

T88 ON BOARD, do you find that the close ration really wakes the car up, or would it be ok on the standard ratio/box ?

Cheers,

Mitch.

Nah not my car just thought of that vid and shared :P My beast is asleep atm resting up haha!! But it drives like that...

The close ratio box is the best thing for it it is so alive and responsive, eg. When im cruising in 3rd and put my foot down it will want to come on boost straight away.

I have the standard 5 speed currently in it and it has become alittle sluggish longer ratio's but its not so bad..just annoying for me as im used to the dogbox i run. If i was to run a standard 5speed ratio dogbox (ppg) i would put GTS-4 diff gears in which would be fun :(

Mitch End of the day your at limits with lowmounts if your chasing power! and a faster car...Single or Twin Highmounts is what you need if you are serious for power.

Nah not my car just thought of that vid and shared :P My beast is asleep atm resting up haha!! But it drives like that...

The close ratio box is the best thing for it it is so alive and responsive, eg. When im cruising in 3rd and put my foot down it will want to come on boost straight away.

I have the standard 5 speed currently in it and it has become alittle sluggish longer ratio's but its not so bad..just annoying for me as im used to the dogbox i run. If i was to run a standard 5speed ratio dogbox (ppg) i would put GTS-4 diff gears in which would be fun :P

Mitch End of the day your at limits with lowmounts if your chasing power! and a faster car...Single or Twin Highmounts is what you need if you are serious for power.

You speaketh the truth :D

I suppose ill have to pull my finger out and start getting shit done on my little 4wd datto ;)

Cheers gentlemen,

Mitch.

if you want to look at it that way, nothing happens untill 4000 where it starts to build boost, you hit full boost at 5500 and then its wheel spin for the first 4 gears.

I guess that means "something" is happening then... (be it actually useful or not i don't know)... my bad :P

Hey Guys, Bit of a can of worms this one !

R31Nismoid, I have 33 N1's at the moment on a 2.7 litre overbore, i do love the idea of -5's as alot of the boys on here have some very impressive results however i might be looking for a touch more power then what they will put out.

Cheers,

Mitch.

Just a bit of discussion - hardly a can. If you want a can of worms... ask about what cams to use for 380rwkw lol :P

Ok so it is a stroker... getting there with the info... any other hidden informationzzzz???

If you are after a tad more than it seems to be T04Z country for you, 440rwkw easily enough :D

Do you have the larger rear R33 N1's? I've never heard of the smaller R33/R32 N1's getting much over 300rwkw unless they have the Nismo rear housing or similar (ie larger).

Although i disagree with low-mounts being unable to make big power.

We've seen 440rwkw from Garrett -5's before on a super 2.9ltr, and GT-RS's will do over 400rwkw as well.

little of topic, Was wondering whats the powder loss % for 4WD to RWD, if the GTR makes 450KW at all 4 wheels whats that in rwkw,

450rwkw, its same same really.

Paul and a few others have tested it, not much of a difference with factory transfer cases.

Once you modify them it changes a bit however.

Nee-San, see if there are any built gtr's with those turbos you mentioned, in your area who have owners happy to take you for a spin

some like the rush of a single in a straight line, other like more usable power delivery for corners/hills.

It's a never ending debate, for example I tried a single, and while it was fun my car is mainly used for cornering sort of roads and the lag meant it was too slow. Switched to GTRS's and very happy, tuning hasn't finished and it's already at 400kw. Sure every now and then I have a craving for driving a single powered one (and luckily have friends that let me drive theirs), but overall very happy with the RS's as they're not too laggy (400kw @ 6000rpm), and have a nice smooth curve

there's a lot of graphs in the dyno result thread in this area, that's definatly worth a read :P