SAU Community

Nissan R34 Gtr Vs Nissan 370z

But if you asked me would you take a 240Z, a 350Z or hey even a 370Z, i would say the 240Z, because it purely is characteristic, it has balls to back itself, and simply it looks stunning. I find it hard pressed to compare the 240Z to that of a BNR34 (since i love GT-R's) because it looks THAT good!

I've seen maybe a few 240s or 260s in Unique Cars. They're going for around $40K for a neat stocker right?

Does anyone know if the original 240Z got its design inspiration from the 1960s E-type Jag (like maybe the Toyota 2000GT)? The proportions look similar.

370z

I just like it more.

Looks better in the flesh.

50/50 weight distribution.

heaps of power from an N/A (although I do love my boost!)

Higher build quality (from what I have seen)

Just a fantastic car that would have plenty of poke and not require an engine rebuild every 150,000kms

370z

I just like it more.

Looks better in the flesh.

50/50 weight distribution.

heaps of power from an N/A (although I do love my boost!)

Higher build quality (from what I have seen)

Just a fantastic car that would have plenty of poke and not require an engine rebuild every 150,000kms

LOL your seriously like the 2nd guy on here who has actually admited to this

your a rarity!

Yeah Jamie, I did. And I take your point. Pretty hard not to be biased when you own a Skyline, I know, but that's just how I figure. I love cars of all types and I thought the analogy would be interesting even if it was fantastical.

i know what you mean

but the thing is.....no matter what car is manufactured... no matter how ugly or how slow it is on the market....someone is bound to buy it & your bound to see one driving around.

and 370Z is an awsome N/A sports car........so im sure not 101% of the people out there would prefer the GT-R.

especially the way it was worded on this website on the first post.

being a skyline thread...your pretty much know your answer already.....people who own GTS-T or GT-Ts really HAIL the GT-R and worship Godzilla.

so in that car he shouldve asked "who here ACTUALLY prefers the 370Z over the GT-R"?

cause the result we saw was just quite boring....all you hear is "GTR GTR GTR GTR GTR GTR"

so it was intresting to read what iamhe77 wrote

• 10 months later...

I faced this dilemma just recently after I wrote off my 350z (04) in the wet on the highway. I had a roadster, I hated the chassis flex, so I'm going to get a more ridged body shell.

I was really considering 370z for it's more refined designed and excellence in performance in terms of an NA. 370z no doubt looked more modern, but I dislike the fact that it has only has two seats, and relatively heavy for that matter. And I considered the fact it is rear wheel drive, it would be better if it is all wheel to put that power down to use on normal street tired, especially in the wet. It is a street car after all.

So I went for a R34 V spec II, 4 seat, all wheel drive. It drives well for its age. Only thing I found to my dislike at the moment is that I miss that low end torque of the VQ engine when claiming the hill in high gears.

Happy hunting!

• 1 year later...

post-4266-1232876900_thumb.jpg

Would you say no??

Mate, gimme that car or I'd chop ur nuts off...seriously the 370Z is no comparison to the R34GT-R, whether its looks, performance, streed cred or whatever, IMHO...Saw a 370Z in flesh at Parramatta Nissan and I'm like meh, its kinda ok, but not for me...looks girly and too small, but thats just me..Maybe I'm biased because I drive a black GTT...love it tho..:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

When I brought my R34 gtr m-spec, the previous owner had a new 370z sitting in the garage next to the gtr - Funny thing is looking back, I didn’t even look at it! R34 GTR wins hands down for me.

• 2 weeks later...

to be honest I think the new Z's are absolute rubbish. My mate had a 350Z and the interior looked like that of a old ford taxi. The new Z looks good outside but inside is still very plastic and cheap looking. R34 even after 12 odd years looks neat and well designed, by no means super modern just clean.

Imagine! Rich man with 7 cars in my garage!

Each month I'd drive the...

370Z for 1 day

Z1 2 days

C63 3 days

NSX 4 days

M3 5 days

Audi RS 6 days

R34 GT-R 7 days

Oh yes...

On that single day, I have to pick up my mother-in-law.