SAU Community

-7/9s Or -5s Garretts

Adz2332

Twin 3" dumps into a 3.5 decat and 3" cat back

3in catback is too small. Disconnect the cat back and do another dyno run to see how it goes.. Also, decats are only for the sort of people who throw garbage in the street.... ie the anti-social

FWIW the Nismoid rule of thumb for exhaust sizing is;

3in for 300kw

3.5in for 350kw

4in for 400kw

plenty of 3.5" cats around....

if the sard flows the same amount as the nismo fuel pump then up to 400kw will be achievable on e85

Yeah, but the question is will a 3.5in cat match the 3in front pipe or will there be a need for an adapter?

Sard fuel pump flows exactly the same as a Nismo fuel pump.

Yeah, but the question is will a 3.5in cat match the 3in front pipe or will there be a need for an adapter?

Sard fuel pump flows exactly the same as a Nismo fuel pump.

They should bolt up.

• 1 month later...

I have ended up with the -9's and after fitting them and running a compression test I found out that I am now needing a rebuild.. Changing the pistons, rods, cams, injectors, oil pump, cam gears etc.. would it be 'restricting' this build with -9s?

I had over 400kw and ran a 3.5inch exhaust. I never upgraded to 4inch for the reason that my tuner advised the exhaust was not a restriction.

Hope that helps :)

P.S. I'm sure there would be gains but not more than a bees d1ck (bang for buck)

• Like 1

Totally agree. There are many cars running 400kw+ atw . You look at the mines car, it runs low mounts (2530's) and still 2.6 capacity engine and has 621hp and does not have a 4in zorst.

Anyone with a 400awkw car had a 3.5in and change to 4in and see any gains?

There's no way to tell over the internet. A rule of thumb is just that. The cat and mufflers are the most restrictive bits after the turbine, if you have a cat and muffler(s) that flow very well, you might see no difference like Marko. Ask your tuner.

If you already have a good flowing 3.5" then i would say keep that but if you need a new one then sure you may see a little gain from going to the 4" set up.

I have a 3.5" cat back making 430kw on 2530's with a stock 2.6L and is not a restriction.

Cheers

Edited by KING87