SAU Community

Joeyjoejoe's E85 Tuning Adventutres

yeah the thizzle figure is very questionable, i would take it with a grain of salt

its the only 300kw GT-RS ive ever seen so wouldnt even use it as comparison

it must have some other mods we dont know about, ie diff gears, different gear ratios, different dyno settings

could be a million things, wouldnt worry too much

most GT-RS's make 260kw and cap there

but the main benefit of the GT-RS is the average power and response

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has this question been addressed? Also, what is the equivalent PULP RON (if such a comparison can be made)?

a few motors have been pulled down with no ill effects. e85 also loses power before the knock becomes serious so the tune isn't as much of a knife edge as pulp.

people have been claiming a ron figure of 108-110

a few motors have been pulled down with no ill effects. e85 also loses power before the knock becomes serious so the tune isn't as much of a knife edge as pulp.

people have been claiming a ron figure of 108-110

I like that RON. Sounds very promising. The only thing i have heard is the 10% ethanol stuff can foul up plugs on some cars. I personally never had any issues running boost98 from united in the vl or the 32. Both cars just chewed through it alot quicker.

well the tank is at 1/4 full (my standard refill point) and i have done 220k's, nomally i get 320...

so in essence.... if the price of e85 2/3 of the price of 98 then you are getting a free power increase..... and if its below 2/3 you are actually SAVING $$$

How many tanks would you go through before changing the fuel filter after switching over?

Ive been through about 3 tanks and im thinking i should replace it.

my filter flowed fine after 6 months use, I think each car will be different, mates blocked up after only a few months, pull it off and blow thru it, compare to a new one!

Edited by 180or200

I have been very keen to jump onto the e85 band wagon, and have followed this and another similar thread. My big question or thing I would be interested to see...is both tunes one on 98 and other on e85 with same power outputs.

It is proven that e85 will make more power, but how about the engine using less effort to make the same power? Less boost, less stress on components, maybe lower intake temps? then we can compare effects on engine life, fuel efficiency, engine/oil temps and see the other benefits just not more power from e85.

If you can use more timing and less boost to get the same power would you be using less fuel?

Paul.

just to let all you victorians know...

i rang united head orifice and asked where e85 was stocked and was told hoppers crossing AND buleen... they even gave me the bulleen address!

i went to buleen united today and the is NO e85 pump! (i asked the guy WTF and the only 2 english words he could say were "united" and "boost" lol)

so in vic atm it is ONLY hoppers crossing!

they did say there is talk of a bigger rollout soon, but not in the next few weeks

First post, so I thought it should make a contribution to the group.

Just been looking on the United Petroleum web page for locations. Noticed that the Kingsway (South Melbourne) United site is listed as stocking E85 fuel. This site is at 151 Kingsway, South Melbourne, 3205 and is listed as being open 24 hours a day - for all the night owls.

Here is a link:

http://www.unitedpetroleum.com.au/distributor-information.asp?IDstore=464

ah i didnt know that the kings way one would have E85

thats a big difference, as hoppers is homo-spec

yeah hamish the tune you have is locked, when the PFC is locked, you get 0's everywhere