SAU Community

Joeyjoejoe's E85 Tuning Adventutres

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I brought mine off a fellow member and the turbo had 5000k's on it, from memory it ended up costing me $3200 for the complete kit. Not too bad considering what they are selling for now.

Good price that.

Bought my gtrs for $2750 2 years ago.

anyone got a set of indy blu's i can throw in and use the e85? ps. anyone used 100% meths? (chemcal factory next to my work can get it to me for $1.20/L

i was going to go methanol on my sr20, problem being the maintenance required. Any decent power WILL require 2 sets of indy blues per cylinder. Most people in the know say big electric pumps are OK, but mechanical driven is much better. But then they are a flamin mongrel to start with mech pump and you need to gravity feed the fuel in (thats why they run small tanks in the engine bay) then you need a special mech pump reg (not big deal). but then you need to drain you oil after each event you run at (mostly) run normal petrol through fuel system and run the engine or you will corrode the bores etc. "usually" dont run filters either as they can trap meth and turn to jelly.

Edited by GTR1993

anyone got a set of indy blu's i can throw in and use the e85? ps. anyone used 100% meths? (chemcal factory next to my work can get it to me for $1.20/L

Give it a try, might need 2 rows of indy blue's to make real big numbers!!!!!

Brazil's been useing 100% for years, would need high ambient temps to get he stuff to fire tho, even 85 gets hard when temps get below 10 degrees

good result, but I would love to see a graph of what difference it made at the same boost. I know you're saying you couldn't run more boost with the 98RON, but it was only running 14psi at the top end with a spike to 21psi as it ramped onto boost. I would just want to see what gain the fuel itself made. same boost, but with more timing etc it can apparently take. as it is a lot of that gain would be from more boost (more air + more fuel = more power of course), and i'm a bit surprised that the most you could run was 14psi on 98RON.

anyway, enjoy the new power and sweet smelling, cheap fuel. :glare:

sorry... on 1 bar the e85 made just on 300 by memory...

i cut the boost on each fuel @ the point where it was starting to die off... (dont wanna run 2 pounds more to get 5rwkw gain)

price not my main concern, it's all about the RON man, oh and the huge torque that 24 psi offers, love it!

I can agree to this.

It definitely doesn't have that typical weak RB25 ramp up sound when on the dyno. 180or200's car had me thinking it was an rb30 the way its mid range picked up instantly and roared as the loud pedal was opened up.

Thizzle made 301 with a GT-RS and stock motor 3 or so years ago.

There is hope!

I'm with Ash; sounds like he was on a happy dyno or the settings were incorrect. Did he ever back the power claim on an independent dyno?

I made 274rwkw with cams and head porting. This figure was also reproduced on two other dynos, so i dare say it was accurate.

With E85 i could see the GTRS making 280+rwkw on a std motor.

On the DVD it made like 298, 297, 301 or something along those lines.

But on the same dyno.

To back up the claimed figure it needs to be run on another dyno.

Like mine made 274@EAS, 268@Racingline (SAU VIC Dyno day) and 272@Autosalon. Thus i know my mechanic's dyno is relatively accurate.

Nice results :devil:

Excuse the ignorance, I haven't bothered to read anything about this fuel...

but 85% ethanol? People were pissing and moaning about 5-10% ethanol destroying fuel systems etc (I personally ran V-power racing for a period of time with no issues, and 1 tank of 100RON United which I think has ethanol as well, with no issues) but 85%?

================================================================================

==================================

Has this question been addressed? Also, what is the equivalent PULP RON (if such a comparison can be made)?