SAU Community

Joeyjoejoe's E85 Tuning Adventutres

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top stuff!

Glad to see more people on E85! Best decision i ever made switching over.

But i have to agree the fuel economy is terrible, at WOP i swear i can see the fuel needle move lol

Totally damn frustrating. Car is ready to go back on the rollers but this fuel still isnt available to us up here and i cant get an answer as to when it will be.

This is Ipswich for gawd sake. Home of willowbank and qld raceway and more tuff streeters than you can poke a stick at.

The market is right here right now.

yeah this e85 is GOOOD stuff...

and the best part is that i have the power of a 3037 with the response of a 2835.... cake and eat it and so on

Sometimes i wish i'd bought the 3037 instead of the GT-RS.

But then i go for a quick spin and forget about it pretty quickly. :wacko:

You sure?

I've never heard of anyone making 280rwkw with a GT-RS on a 25...I thought it was past its capability, but hey, I'd love to be wrong :P

Blitz SBC Spec-R, 18psi but tailing off to about 16 (trying to find the problem)

Don't say that just yet, im gonna damn bloody try once this head gets here :wacko:

And he was/is the only one... i don't believe it was right personally as no-one has come close since

Yeah i swear he must have had a hidden shot of gas somewhere :)

Still, im keen to push mine as far as it can go. Should have every single thing done to it to help it make peak power other than a rebuild. Warlord's was probably the most a GT-RS has been pushed.

Just got word that theres a hipo workshop in brisbane selling it in 205 litre drums.

Only wants 460 dollars a drum.

lol

what a f*kstain! Who is it?

Noel can you use your persuasion powers, maybe talk to Neuman Petroleum at the next time attack?

Joe added a link to your thread in my Facebook group :)

Edited by dano4127

Sometimes i wish i'd bought the 3037 instead of the GT-RS.

But then i go for a quick spin and forget about it pretty quickly. :(

Well I had for ages favoured the idea of going GT-RS but eventually went the GT3076R, interesting difference here is I have never looked back :)

what a f*kstain! Who is it?

Noel can you use your persuasion powers, maybe talk to Neuman Petroleum at the next time attack?

Joe added a link to your thread in my Facebook group :)

Trust me I am trying Dano. I want this stuff bad.

Hmm I have had it for >2 years but if I remember rightly around NZ$2k at the time I purchased it. Runs an internal wastegate and is on stock manifold so all RELATIVELY straight forward/cheap to set up.

good result, but I would love to see a graph of what difference it made at the same boost. I know you're saying you couldn't run more boost with the 98RON, but it was only running 14psi at the top end with a spike to 21psi as it ramped onto boost. I would just want to see what gain the fuel itself made. same boost, but with more timing etc it can apparently take. as it is a lot of that gain would be from more boost (more air + more fuel = more power of course), and i'm a bit surprised that the most you could run was 14psi on 98RON.

anyway, enjoy the new power and sweet smelling, cheap fuel. :)