SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

While I'm in here, I have twin GT-RSs on my RB2630 and the rear wheels are choking it up top, is there an option to fit a bigger turbine wheel ?

ATR28SS-2 has a customized turbine that is bigger then the standard Garrett GT28 rear and is smaller then GT30 rear. It worked extremely well on SR20det motors, how ever I'm not sure how laggy it might be on a 3L Rb26. But I can alter the radius of the exhaust wheel to reduce top end for better down low torque.

About those 5x 0 injectors:

the warranty replacement that I've "bought" has failed and the two out of the spare set I've purchased has also failed after 10 hours of running time. I have sent them few emails with reasonably nice wording requesting three more injectors to be sent under warranty, they have not responded. So never buy from them again.

Might want to think twice why they are called 5 x "0" injectors. I'm sure the "0"s stands for:

0 / 100 for spray pattern

0 / 100 for consistency

0 / 100 for longevity

0 / 100 for Injector spec sheet

0 / 100 for Customer service

Plus what ever others might wish to add.

• Like 2

^ lol... I took your word for them and others on this forum and took the plunge, on both my mate's S15 and my car.

They worked satisfactorily on his SR20DET ONLY on E85, on 98RON they were a bucket of ass as well.

After creating a rudimentary injector flow bench using glass bottles, I can confirm the spray pattern is worse than a super soaker from GO-LO thus the terrible idle and drive bility. I've had it, and not to mention got fked over by a forum member selling me a set of injectors knowing one was dead.

I just ordered a set of Siemens DEKA IV 80LB injectors, they have a 26 degree cone spray and have decent latency values, i.e. more injector control... Will update on how they perform - but I know they will be 400% better than these Five-O Motorsport injectors.

ATR28SS-2 has a customized turbine that is bigger then the standard Garrett GT28 rear and is smaller then GT30 rear. It worked extremely well on SR20det motors, how ever I'm not sure how laggy it might be on a 3L Rb26. But I can alter the radius of the exhaust wheel to reduce top end for better down low torque.

Is there a spec sheet for these turbs?

How hard would it be to fit them in twin form on the RB26 manies ?

One of the turbos I was looking at is the Kando Billet TD05H-18G, how do these compair as far as wheel size and trims etc are concerned ( I'm not talking quality obviously )

That particular turbo has a 65mm turbine, with a 74mm compress wheel. The radius of the exhaust wheel has been grounded for the inner wall of a T2x rear housing, with the right height of inducer to optimum response. It is definitely bigger TD05H, made 40kws more, no power tapering in top end. I can possibly machine stock housings to suit this CHRA, how ever preferred the .64 version.

I'm not a big fan of using a more efficient compressor unless the turbine becomes more efficient, or it will chock the engine even worse. You will find the maximum efficiency of my billet compressor wheels match maximum discharge capacity of our turbine wheels. That way, not only the engine is much happier generating torque, it also ensures the longevity of the turbocharger it self.

The size of the wheel doesn't take all amount of the behavior of the turbine. The blade radius and blade sitting angle makes a big difference also.

Funny the ATR28SS2 on my S14 on P98 fuel internally gated, made the same amount of power to another built S14 that has a TD06SL220G on high mount + external gate with E85 on the same dyno.

I'm not sure what the RB26 head with RB30 bottom is like. Is your GTRS currently using a GT2860RS core with 56mm turbine in a .64 rear and .60 comp? I can grind down the exducer side of the rear wheel so its few mms larger then what you currently got, that will get rid of the excess back pressure and use an ATR28SS15 compressor for better response.

In this case the SS-2's exhaust wheel is probably the one to go for, I can use 68mm SS-15 compressor wheel which is equivalent to 71mm 52T Garrett, while been more responsive.

hey stao, any development on the gtr turbos?!?

id be interested in a quicker spooling hi boost capable replacement.,...

think im the only guy on the planet who doesnt need more power lol

Some updates. This is the first prototype wheel made based on a standard GTR compressor wheel. The size of it is in 58mm, with 8% additional induction area. We should be once fitted, it should produce similar response as the factory turbochargers while making 8% of extra power and torque. The blade radius is also made to reduce this "turbo shuffle" problem that is common on larger simultaneous twin turbo setups.

STD GTR33 comp wheel

std.jpg

Our new billet GTR compressor wheel.

billet.jpg

But either way, I'm not a fan of simultaneous twins. The goal would be fitting an ATR43SS2 to stock manifolds and build a kit that suits every thing else as well as re-engineer the SS alpha series for the RB26dett engine. The factory twin high flows will be evaluated some stages in between.

For this particular twin high flow project, I'm targeting 350awkws while chasing factory driving ability.

When air is been compressed it also tries to expand. Tall and packed compressor blades havs the advantage of throwing out greater volume of air based on lower shaft speed, at high shaft speed how ever, the blades becomes restrictive.

To increase efficiency, we must creating greater total induction area, as you've noticed an radius has been added to the inducing blade, as well as a customized compressor hub, with longer blade length. It is a prototype wheel, there is no guarantee of been an better performing wheel until further evaluations conducted.

Comparing cast and billet wheels. Not any billet wheels can out perform an traditional cast wheel in its size. I have personally seen many poorly designed billet wheels, and made some bad prototypes my self. It comes down to the extend in understanding of how each and every individual components of a compressor wheel might be affecting the final output. Similar scenario applies to exhaust wheel also.

Hi Stao,

Things look like they have really thrived in the last few years. I've still got the first ever SS2 strapped onto my car. I want to ask if you think it would need to be opened up and serviced anytime soon. I am solid with my oil changes and really haven't had any issues. I'll be checking over my car this weekend for a issue with ignition and while I'm at it will be doing an intake leak test. I'll check for shaft play.

Also have you got any stickers of your new logo? That looks sick, I'd stick that on my car!

As a side question, could I get away with running 740cc Nismos and E85 or not gonna happen.

Edited by SargeRX8

Usually with any of my turbochargers assume plenty of clean oil is supplied they do not require to be rebuilt. There should be a mm of side to side play and nothing in and out. 740ccs should be good enough for close to 400rwkws on E85. Please PM me your address I can send you a sticker. Thanks.

Some updates. This is from our OP6 standard high flowed running on R33 Auto (Kane_R32).

R33 S1 Auto RB25DET (unopened)
OP6 Hypergear Highflow

3" TBE with High Flow Cat
Five-O 750cc Injectors

DeatchWerks DW200 Fuel Pump
Adaptronic E420D

Craigs Auto Stage 3 Shift Kit

United 100
271rwkws @ 17psi
Tuned by DVS JEZ

post-38094-0-44464600-1407995173.jpg

Unless all the ratios are set properly and tyre size is inputted for every individual car which is a bit of work just for a tune the RPM scale will be wrong anyway, if you need to know rpm ask for the gear ratios and tyre size for the one you want and work it out :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Usually with any of my turbochargers assume plenty of clean oil is supplied they do not require to be rebuilt. There should be a mm of side to side play and nothing in and out. 740ccs should be good enough for close to 400rwkws on E85. Please PM me your address I can send you a sticker. Thanks.

Can I please get a sticker too?

Cheers :)

Some updates. This is from our OP6 standard high flowed running on R33 Auto (Kane_R32).

R33 S1 Auto RB25DET (unopened)

OP6 Hypergear Highflow

3" TBE with High Flow Cat

Five-O 750cc Injectors

DeatchWerks DW200 Fuel Pump

Adaptronic E420D

Craigs Auto Stage 3 Shift Kit

United 100

271rwkws @ 17psi

Tuned by DVS JEZ

post-38094-0-44464600-1407995173.jpg

FWIW this dyno plot looks very similar to my HKS2835ProS on the Stagea 98 ron on the same dyno.