SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Nice! How hard were you pushing the last one?

My ss2 only got tuned to 18psi due to faults/leaks etc that I've mostly fixed. pulled some timing and got it up to 25 last week, almost ready for retune

Pushed the shit out of it, tried screwing 26psi through it but didn't make a single kW more. Turbo rear was glowing as bright as the sun haha. It did make more mid range torque but pointless as it bled down to 22psi up top.

Ended up only making 327kW pulled out some timing and it mad 325kW (mainline). Results did vary from another dyno I which read 340kW (dyno dynamic).

I think Tao uses a different rear housing now, because he warned me my turbo won't line up to my dump pipe now.

Yes it is more responsive. and can be built in to an OP6 rear housing.

Is it possible to get similar response out of an OP6 housing? Or is the 21U more suited?

10psi by 3250RPM and full boost by 3500RPM looks pretty nice (from the 21U). The biggest issue with all the OP6 high flow charts I've seen is boost comes on at 4000RPM which is far too late in a street car...

Specifically my question is can the OP6 housing produce "enough" power while retaining factory-like response. The standard OP6 boost response on my GTT is fine. A high flow coming in at 4000RPM would not be.

By "enough" power I mean a nice fat curve across the rev band. I care more about the total area under the curve than the peak value.