SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Just remember to do it on a freeway lol, don't want anyone being arrested.

I was just gonna squirt it down the same road lol but Its better on the freeway because the road is smoother. 6krpm in 3rd gear is close to 140km/h. The car feels pretty dead coming from 1500rpm in 2nd, should be interesting to see how it goes from 3rd at 2k.

Yeah from 4900.

Dude.. It should be ON just after idle and OFF somewhere around 5... Turning it on at 5 would make your spool SUCK and your power rubbish. Please clarify the above?

& LOL @ the sarge in his army prints.

I just has a look in FC Edit and it only has VCT: then a value. For me it's 4700. Guessing it must be the switch off point as I can definitely hear my VCT solenoid click at just above idle when I give i give it a quick free rev. Can double check in sensor check later

Just for informations sake, specs on the corona.

1jz-gte

Hypergear TR44 turbo

Trust exhaust manifold

Trust 50mm wastegate

3" mandrel bent exhaust

500X300X76mm intercooler

3" intercooler piping

GFB Mach 1 BOV

2 front mounted gearbox oil coolers

Microtech LT12s and X6 igniter

X2 Excel radiator

No power steering or Air conditioning pumps

Techedge 2EO wideband o2 sensor

NOS kit (50 hp jets)

Greddy Profec B II

so it needs nos to get to 10.7? if so then what a useless post.

It did 11.8 without Nos. from that car's dyno reading:

tr441jz315kw.jpg

The Nos added about 35kws. Those are old school turbos. The Fnt G3 he should be getting the same power curve without Nos.

Is this car still racing today?

It did 11.8 without Nos. from that car's dyno reading:

tr441jz315kw.jpg

The Nos added about 35kws. Those are old school turbos. The Fnt G3 he should be getting the same power curve without Nos.

Is this car still racing today?

Full boost at 2400 on a 2.5L, is that thanks to the stall converter?

Full boost at 2400 on a 2.5L, is that thanks to the stall converter?

My brother spools a 3037 .63 nearly at idle on a POS 2.6 Sigma. All thanks to a 2200rpm stall converter.

It ends up making all of 170kw at 18psi with the exhaust housing glowing white but it gives the illusion of a very different turbo.

Ahh the stall converter, applying load to the engine at idle to create some boost.

Here is a run from about 2500rpm to 6000rpm in 3rd gear on low boost(around 14psi). I know the dash isn't visible enough but this isn't something I want to try and do more than once on the road lol. My car seems to always ping now at high boost so I think the removal of the rubber hose has had an effect on the tune...

Edited by SargeRX8

You can find FNT feed back from Random in page 87. Check index on page 1.

Any way. lots of talk about twin scroll turbine housings. At this stage I'm not convinced that they has a "major" affect but welling to do some tests.

So, we all know the air gap inside the turbine housing is the height of the inducer blade of the turbine wheel.

By placing a metal strip in between and half the gap is actually reducing the area of the gap enabling higher air velocity. To me this is another way of sacrificing top end power for down low response unless the size of the turbine wheel and housing is in a reasonably large size.

Theoretically I can archive this behavior by reducing the gap height at only 60~70% of the turbine wheel top without the divider in the center.

I've done a drawing converting single scrolled turbine housing into a twin scroll item, internal or dual gate bolt on to stock setup of course. Good thing is I can setup dual effective FNT nozzles inside that housing for even better response. I'll be doing a back to back tests using a G3 core. hopefully it’s worth the effort.

Any way, Do post up if you have any experiences or back to back tests with single to twin scroll turbine housings.