SAU Community

The Hair Dressers Car.....

Whiplash

Very nice! Love the colour... is it purple or just the photo (sometimes blue can look purple in pics)

I'm a fan of that burnt orange colour on them as well :)

I didnt realise they had the start button too... my ex had a BA GT and we used to have lots of lols when someone else drove it... ppl were like wtf when we told them they had to press the button :D (it was still a novelty back then on the first BAs! probably more widely known now!)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! Love the colour... is it purple or just the photo (sometimes blue can look purple in pics)

I'm a fan of that burnt orange colour on them as well smile.gif

Dark metalic blue, didn't really want to spean the extra $2500 for orange

is it a new 1? the lv?

i hear the clutches dont let you do a burnout though something engages and prevents it.

does yours put the hazards on when you brake hard?

Yeah its an LV, haven't really tried to do a burnout. It will spin the wheels easily with DSC turned off when launching and chaning into 2nd and 3rd.

Looks good Nick, don't listen to that big bully Nightcrawler.

We all know he's only compensating :D

Is this comparing it against an R33 GTR V-Spec Series III? Which is about the same price bracket... or comparing with an R34 GTR within the same year? or an R32 GTR modified to the same value?

At the end of the day i wasn't looking to compare the performance to anything. all i was comparing when i bought it was what was i getting for my money looked at 2nd hand RX8's, FPV's and 350z's, And as many of you would have heard me complaining about the 33 i wanted something new that i wouldn't need to repair every 6 months

I needed a practical 4 door with space to fit equipment ect in for interstate trips and that was still sporty

as for the price bracket working for ford for 5 years has its benefits :D

Good to see u can connect to interweb again Nick. Nice pick up....any plans for any basic mods?

...and here I thought you were taking it easy due to havin a car load :D. The Megane sports makes the cutest bov sound and they do handle pretty well through the hills, but there have been instances when their Brembo brakes may experience serious brake fade on downhill sections :) and struggle when a particular silver rwd R33 pushes it to its paces.

didn't recall having a car load, was a long time ago now, im sure theve sorted the brakes in the newer megane's or is it only when there @ 11/10th that they over heat

At the end of the day i wasn't looking to compare the performance to anything. all i was comparing when i bought it was what was i getting for my money looked at 2nd hand RX8's, FPV's and 350z's, And as many of you would have heard me complaining about the 33 i wanted something new that i wouldn't need to repair every 6 months

I needed a practical 4 door with space to fit equipment ect in for interstate trips and that was still sporty

as for the price bracket working for ford for 5 years has its benefits :D

Thats understandable - I was merely pointing out to Andrew to compare it apples with apples.

Have seen these in orange and I like :)

My girlfriend's old man has been working for Holden for like his whole working career... and he still buys only Honda. :D

Hey Nick, the first time something actually does go wrong, you can kick back and think about how much it might have cost - if it didn't have WARRANTY!

Still better than the Focus I get to drive, and a prettier colour too.

The only thing I never understood about these cars is why they didn't make them in an AWD version like they used to with the old TX3 Lasers etc - they were always a good pocket rocket that handled like very few things for the price.

Bottom line is, the only one that has to be happy with your new car is you.

lol with all the love going on for em shoulda posted up in the for sale section 1 i knew of going for 30k. only had 7000k's on the clock leather seats n the crazy orange colour the dude was selling because he was leaving the country and couldnt take it with him.

Hey Nick, the first time something actually does go wrong, you can kick back and think about how much it might have cost - if it didn't have WARRANTY!

Still better than the Focus I get to drive, and a prettier colour too.

The only thing I never understood about these cars is why they didn't make them in an AWD version like they used to with the old TX3 Lasers etc - they were always a good pocket rocket that handled like very few things for the price.

Bottom line is, the only one that has to be happy with your new car is you.

can't figure out why they didn't use the AWD system from the S50 T5. Its the same chassis, engine just left out the AWD, even from the RS in the uk (220FwKW)

would have preferred one of the volvo cars but the money ford knocked off as a new car was too much to say no (was less than the 2nd hand one mentioned here)

:D I still diss Glenn in person without a worry...

In all seriousness though, looks like a nice car Nick, would love to go for a little spin in her one day :D