SAU Community

R32 Gtr Vs R33 Gtr

In terms of shear performance is there much difference between the two?

R32 GTR = smaller and lighter but also is older

R33 GTR = bigger and heavier but much younger

and the R34 GTR would be the best id imagine.

What does everyone else think?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I prefer the R32 GT-R over the R33 GT-R simply because of the amount of the R33's on the road.

However dealing with a 15+ year old car will be difficult and expect to have reliability issues at this age.

IIRC R32 is quicker in a straight line but R33 was quicker around nurburgring, due to better suspension & attessa setup. R33's are only a little newer....

Id prefer R33 GTR as they are younger, neater, more reliable. and unless u find the v-spec r32 u wont have the brembos and such

R32 is a gorgous and quik car, so it really comes down to personal preference

32 is the way to go for sure - but I don't think many GTR owners are happy with them stock for very long

R34 wheels, semi-slicks, huge brakes, rebuild engine, gt-ss turbos, cam gears, exhaust, fuel pump, computer, oil cooler, new coilovers, adjustable everything suspension bushes and arms, sway bars, strut braces, replace every other destroyed bush in there, rip out the interior, roll cage, seats, fire extinguisher, 4wd controller (optional), then finish off with a nice suede steering wheel ... jeezuz

Don't think for a second that your never going to see that money again because it will make you giggle like a little girl every time you shoot out the other side of a corner.

If anything else breaks just rip it off

LOL at everyone just putting there hands up for the cars they drive. I don't own a GTR (unfortunately). Of the 3 mentioned I think the 34 is the best. But like you I won't have that kind of money any time soon, so.....

IMO the R32 GTR is a better looking car than the R33. And the performance side in stock form surely isn't vastly different.

I would hold out and really look hard for a late model 32 and maybe one with a few basic mods (not too much tho, takes the fun out of doing it yourself!).

i think each car has its own perks and flaws, R32 had minor issues with some aspects of the first generation of RB26, R33 everyone seems to think theyre rubbish for some reason and the 34, well its hard to fault them...

Personally bang for buck, R33 craps on the opposition for affordability and cost of maintenance.

Im starting to sway towards aspiring to own a R33 gtr moreso than what i thought i always wanted, the R34 GTR...

R34's are nice, if you have the $$$.

R32's, good cars, the R33 was made to improve the handling, and 50kg difference was involved, personally I own an R33.

However, there is a lot of complaints about R33's size and weight, R34's weight more, and R33's are the longest, I think its just some kind of jealously. lol

As far as the racing curcuit 19 years ago goes the 33's were "failures" compared to the kinda destruction the 32's did. Handling probably did increase but power didn't.

My vote is for the R32 though. I love em.

r34 = too big?? lol its smaller than an r33 what r u talkin about..

it looks physically bigger but its not.. as for r34 is best.. best for what?? r32 is the fastest in a straight line followed by the 34 then 33... around a track, 33 is quicker as the 34 never posted a time at the 'ring.. i imagine it would be even quicker thou :(

and how was the r33 a failure when it was racing?? it won every single race it started.. it won more races than the r32 which makes it even more successful..

I guess it all comes down to what YOU want.

R32's are light yes, and i do love the R32 shape, but you've gotta remember these are getting old. So like someone said, you'd probably be better off holding out for a late model R32 V-Spec. And try and get one that's had a proper rebuild because they do have some oil delivery issues i believe?

R33's yes are big. Personally i think they have presence. And i actually quite like the shape, and have since changed from wanting an R32 GT-R, to wanting an R33 GT-R, i can find a 95 R33 GT-R V-Spec, 34 GT-R wheels, everything is immaculate, 12 months rego - 23k. And i feel that the interior of the R33 is so much more advanced than that of the R32.

But seriously man, just go off what you want. Weigh everything up, and go from there.

There's no point driving a car your not happy with, but everyone said was the best.

Well he did say in terms of shear performance, not in terms of anything else.

For that the R32 has it all over the R33. Even still I don't imagine you would be visiting the 'ring in your GTR… so I think it will be much of a muchness...

Maintenance never came into it - this has only been included to make R33 owners feels better :( (Its still a GTR relax :()

If your looking to buy 1 of them and not just chat about which is hypothetically better you need to drive them both and decide on which one YOU like better, not what the guy next door says.

My 2 cents

The R32 GTR will always have the racing pedigree from running in the Australian Touring Car Series, and being banned. I actually prefer the 32's tail happy nature, gives it some character.