SAU Community

ZED and GTR Challenge

If you want to race me man, anytime, anyplace, you dont know me or my car bro...im fully sik and ill take on whoever cause my car is da best. I can do helis, handbrakes turns, sideways the lot man...so bring it on
:(

But really, if you want me to race your ZED then you can only use 3rd gear and have to do the lap without the front right tyre, just to make up for the 1000cc deficit of the R32 GTST:D

However, if Doughboy wants to lend me his car again, i fancy i could keep up with John:p

Showing the upmost respect for his car by only usng 5000rpm (tops...more like 4,500rpm) he was only pulling away from me by about 1-2seconds a lap.

John chops me everytime, i dont care, its about having fun. The thing that gets to me is that i think John enjoys it more then even me, i think he might drink too much V.:(

My honest opinion is that John's Zed its an awesome car (especially considering the minimal mods) ...looks sweet on the track as well. If only a workshop put that sort of development into an R32 GTST then ppl could go a lot quicker with sensible mods.

So when do the 300ZX UAS performance packages go on sale?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having christmas dinner mid December in Sydney, would love to come out to one of the track days. There seems to be some seriuos competition brewing, it can only be good for the sport.

Its about time sombody revealed the true potential of the Z32. I think the main reason they are so underated is the fact you dont see many write ups on them any more, as they have been out of production. They are an awsome performance car if you are willing to assist them a little. I am sure most would agree the engineers had alot more in mind than what was produced. I believe they are dramaticly detuned in standard form.

Cheers, Zedzilla

(hope there is something on when I am in Sydney, it would be great to see some of your cars in action):(

Yeh its all good fun, but a word of caution, its all good to push one another, but it is a racetrack, and you are going pretty fast.

So things can go wrong, and these are our road cars so forgetting possible injury, our cars are worth coin. Reason i point this out is i was in a car that had a bit of a woopsie and they guy wasnt doing anything silly or outrageous, it just got away from him.

So its good fun to rev one another up, but friendly rivalry can end in tears.

I recall following a certain 300ZX and a certain Sileighty into turn 2 in Doughboy's car... and im thankful i was a good 50mtrs behind, as the Sileighty missed the wall by about 2 metres. That was friendly rivalry as well.:(

Still if your coming up in Decemeber, check the NSW events thread, there is bound to be somehting on, or check the Wakefield Raceway website for details on an open day.

im lead to belive my stock r32 gtr with fulken grb rubber

3 inch zorst and 1 bar

laped op south in 51 flat at that same finlay day that drunkan was at

and has done an official supersprint time of 50.95 (with the standard zorst an 1 bar).. same tyres

car was makeing a huge 170 odd kw at the wheels

and after driving on r spec tyre i recon a cruzy 49 no dramas and i couldnt see any dramas with a 48 on slicks

however its sold, unless akia wants to lend us his car??? just so we can put to rest this zed challenge

i will however take the 48 second challenge with my new 31

pete

One of those R32s has a genuine Gibson Motorsport race engine, trick susp/tyres, another a big single turbo, sequential hollinger, trick tyres/susp. So they are basically far more modified then the ZED.

But that said a guy was going around Wakefield in an almost stock R32 GTR (GSR13s) doing 1:10s, and from memory the SSS GTR (Gibson engine) was doing 1:08s.

So perhaps tracks like Oran Park/Wakefield dont really do big hp/modded GTRs justice. Perhaps let them loose at a place like Eastern Creek or Phillip Island and they would be able to assert some dominance.

An SAU member was a passenger around Eastern Creek in a R33 V-spec with Power FC. No special tyres or modded susp, just Power FC and exhaust. The driver an ex-GTP steerer lapped in something like 1:48s or 1:49s.

So perhaps GTRs & Oran Park dont mix, just too tight.

Originally posted by Roy

However, if Doughboy wants to lend me his car again, i fancy i could keep up with John:p

[/b]

Next year when the car is back on the road.......have to see how it compares vs the Zed as it should have similar mods to it then.

Originally posted by Roy

[

I can think of a certain blue GTR that would put an end to all this Skyline abuse, but then the flaming about how modified it is will start... so why bother:rolleyes: [/b]

lets not go there girlfriend.........:(:)

Its good to see how easily UAS John has fired everyone up.......at the end of the day...its all good fun

hope to see more people joining Team Trackday in the near future.:(

• 3 months later...

Sorry John, you'll have to take your boat back out to Oran Park South again.

At the NSWRRC sprint today a production touring car spec R32 GTR snuck into second with a 0.47.3

This was with zorst, suspension, standard turbos (nothing else allowed :D ), and r tyres (only 225!).

Looks like the challenge is on again ;) Hows the Z going at the moment?

I'll post the URL to the times once posted

Hey, that's what I thought too, but I was there (until I made a complimentary remark about Skylines) and they said I belonged here.:alien: :)

Chilli, Perhaps we should start an over 60's club :D

Nice idea, but I suspect we would spend far too much time attending funerals, and not enough attending Track Days.  ;)

Was that a Skyline stop watch? He He.

I bet there is more to the story of this guy is a super freak driver with a well set up car indeed. Who was this guy?

I will be getting the barge arse out again especially if I have been knocked off the fence, or if this time is real then THROWN off. A full second faster.

Yes we are pumping up the zed slot car with twin S15 turbo's, custom cams and ported heads with solid lifters etc. Alloy fuel tank, and taken the stereo and speakers, heater core etc out.

I have reved up a lot of our GTR customers and our next track day will be hotly contended. Sun 16th May Wakefield.

:bahaha: skyline stopwatch eh?

Yeah the car is beautifully set up, I only had 3 laps in it but is is very predictable, so you can really trust it into the corners. And of course it was a great drive by Mark.

Also say that boat of yours in HPI today, great coverage :D

Hopefully my car will be prepped by the Wakefield UAS day too, so we'll see how things go then :)

How did the Zeds go in the last few Targa's????? (runs and ducks for cover)

Sounds like some good fun tho....wish i was there to watch but I have plenty of Zeds to play with in the MSCA sprint series down here.

How did the Zeds go in the last few Targa's?????  (runs and ducks for cover)

Sounds like some good fun tho....wish i was there to watch but I have plenty of Zeds to play with in the MSCA sprint series down here.

Zeds in Taga. I was not aware of any of late only John Whites zed about four years ago did very well, was in top three at one point late in the event before a speed penalty and acco. The only zed in it and beat ALL the GTR's which there are normally quite a bunch. This car was very well prepared. It did suprise me though as more of a a 4wd event I would think. Also this car was 2 seater which is not as good for traction as too short in the wheel base. Down low grunt helps on some of these twisty roads.

Duncan what are you doing to yours?

yeh that car was off its tits oh and i think it was Jason driving as its his car. John has the R34. was incredibly quick, until i later saw it with clouds of smoke from the rear.

actually saw it out at symmons plains a few months back, but it was pulled ... out engine sounded horrid.

can't say i have any problems with Z's John and yours is a good benchmark for others to try and achieve.