SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

I am actually getting right into it and I basically never play games these days. PS3 came with my TV and GT5 prologue is the only other game I have which didn't get much use.

Take a break from work every hour or two and go do a few races!

I would strongly suggest people just buy the standard game for ~$80 and enjoy it for what it is. a great PS3 driving game.

Yeah good call.

I was looking at the collectors edition in JB - extra $50 for a theme and a few more car variations or something.

Yep I'm with a few others on this one.

Played it for around 4hrs last night (didn't do the install at the start by accident - meant that each new track took a couple of minutes to load but load times are getting shorter and shorter as data is already be installed).

I found it to be great. I haven't modded a car yet - have infact only purchased one (2nd hand FC RX7) - and despite that I'm up to level 10 and have $400K in the bank to do what I like with later. But the driving is great and its exactly what I want the game to be - a driving/racing game! And getting some of the gold cups is going to be farken hard! (I've settled for a Silver is acceptable rule now before moving on).

But for anyone who says its the same as GT4 you must be kidding (go plug your PS2 back in and take another look). Also the driving physics is vastly improved.

So for me I'm wrapped and can't wait to eventually get my hands on the RBR X1 and to do the Gumball across Europe. And I really hope the "random generation" Rally stages work well too.

i got the sig editiion too... didnt notice the card case... where was that.

The apex book is pretty cool, probably a little simple for those who are already familiar with the physics of car handling and tuning, but a great primer for those who arent.

it's the little card/licence case. it's inside the wallet but comes out and can be used separately of the wallet. has GT logo etc on it too.

oh and just to confirm I don't regret buying the sig edition one bit, but it's definitely a waste of money. just need to accept it as such and move on. the only thing I'm disappointed about with the sig edition is the key ring. I thought it would be really cool. like just the letters GT cut out or something but it actually looks a bit lame.

but there is no doubt it's very, very poor value. should have been around $200-$220.

Game still enjoyable +1.......it is heaps fun, graphics good cars realistic enough, so many cool cars :)

just a couple of questions..

u can only purchase like 200 or 300 cars from the new car dealship ( i think the premium cars) ??????...does this mean we have to win the other 700 cars?????how the f**k could we do that......

plus the used car dealership is annoying cause it changes all the time, and u dont know whats gonna come up.....

money is easy to obtain so far, but will probs get harder down the track....

1 negative, i have to admit is that the damage and crashes are the same as back in gran tursimo 1, u just bump the other races and your car has no effect

also someone should make an SAU online lobby :happy:

ahhh just a mention for other sig owners...

apparently the card in the walet contains the code needed to go into the draw to win an Merc SLS

I havent checked in mine tho.... can anyone confirm??

Yeh its definitely there(in mine anyway lol) i could not see how to enter the competition though, but i imagine it would be something done on there website? anyone tried yet?

+1 for another happy customer i am enjoying the game so far and am looking forward to downloading the extra cars you get with the signature edition anyone know what they are yet?

Game still enjoyable +1.......it is heaps fun, graphics good cars realistic enough, so many cool cars :P

just a couple of questions..

u can only purchase like 200 or 300 cars from the new car dealship ( i think the premium cars) ??????...does this mean we have to win the other 700 cars?????how the f**k could we do that......

plus the used car dealership is annoying cause it changes all the time, and u dont know whats gonna come up.....

money is easy to obtain so far, but will probs get harder down the track....

1 negative, i have to admit is that the damage and crashes are the same as back in gran tursimo 1, u just bump the other races and your car has no effect

also someone should make an SAU online lobby :ermm:

the remaining cars are generally used cars.

yes they always change... and yes they will sometimes dissappear too... like a real used car market.

so the same as the used car market in GT4? lol

found the GT seat cover i got with GT4 today while clearing my garage to move.........man everything is telling me to drop everything, go get the game and play.....grrr. only 1 more sleep

I am very happy with my purchase of this game :ermm:

I dont understand why people are saying the clutch isnt supported properly on a g25 and that you have to press triangle to get it to work...

From what I have noticed with the g25, the clutch is disabled until you simply press the clutch pedal...

I also like the fact that it actually disables the clutch when you use a car that doesn't actually have a clutch pedal (dsg cars)

Yeh its definitely there(in mine anyway lol) i could not see how to enter the competition though, but i imagine it would be something done on there website? anyone tried yet?

+1 for another happy customer i am enjoying the game so far and am looking forward to downloading the extra cars you get with the signature edition anyone know what they are yet?

it has been mentioned in this thread a few times. only takes a few seconds to download the cars and the bonus XMB as they are only 100kb each car and XMB.

Meh.. It feels the same as GT4.. Definately not 7 years ahead of it anyway.

The beginning cars are stupidly slow (and expensive), like my old $20,000 MX5 with weight reduction to 850kgs that screeches and understeers like a bitch around the bends at barely more than 30mph, and the modifations are still done in stupid "stages" and are no more detailed/varied than in GT4. Thats all I've got so far

Since it is only 100kb per car to download in the signature edition, I'm guessing that the cars are already on the disc and the dlc is only an unlock patch. This was the case for gow3 regarding the combat arena and also many other special edition version of games.

Meh.. It feels the same as GT4.. Definately not 7 years ahead of it anyway.

The beginning cars are stupidly slow (and expensive), like my old $20,000 MX5 with weight reduction to 850kgs that screeches and understeers like a bitch around the bends at barely more than 30mph, and the modifations are still done in stupid "stages" and are no more detailed/varied than in GT4. Thats all I've got so far

You do realise you can buy a new civic Type R for under 20k...

Guys you MUST get a used 65' 350gt mustang or whatever they're called, and put a full exhaust on it(expensive one) it sounds AMAZING.

Love the game so far but the stupid challenges piss me off.

I've completed all gold B license, all gold A except the mini slalom (impossible..) and the last one where i sorta went meh, i want to race now.

Also, the topgear one with the elise is a joke, they block you and you touch them = DQ....

Finally, the nascar ones are impossible to get gold.. on a controller anyway... (same rule as above, silver at very worst..)

Edited by Ten Four

Finally, the nascar ones are impossible to get gold.. on a controller anyway... (same rule as above, silver at very worst..)

Do you mean for beginner and intermediate only or expert as well? I got gold for them in beginner and intermediate with a controller but haven't tried expert (I think im using the right difficulty names) yet since i'm not a high enough lvl. Gotta be very smooth with the controller since theres not much room to move.

I'm really enjoying gt5 atm...i've forgotten about all the bad things people had said over the last few months since its so much fun ;) Online is a bit weird though, I mostly get dc'd or unable to connect to rooms.

yay for someone saying it sounds good!!!!

prologue already sounded a million times better than GT4 just had to turn the bass up to some unreasonable number to get it to sound right and give it enough volume to wake all the neighbours . the F2007...omg, i recon it sounds better than the newest F1 game does