SAU Community

Vote No In Adelaidenow's "hoon Poll/car Crushing"

JayMei

Im expecting hoons to occupy a couple pages in tomorrows paper, its been quiet for the past two days..

And the great "merry go round" of our media is spun..bikies, swine flu and hoons

They want to crsuh "hoon cars" but then they mention "CRUSHING "dangerous", high-powered vehicles and selling other impounded cars."... so they crush the turbos and the V8s but sell off anything else not front page news worthy.

i made a comment or story depending on how you put it...it was long.....the idiots that are ruining it for us enthusiasts dont need to be driving high powered cars to kill themselves and other people. i watched a drag race against a 4 cyl magna and an old 4 cyl camry the other day that almost ended in tragidy...but all the retarded government can see is high powered cars

They want to crsuh "hoon cars" but then they mention "CRUSHING "dangerous", high-powered vehicles and selling other impounded cars."... so they crush the turbos and the V8s but sell off anything else not front page news worthy.

Should be the otherway around; should crush all the bloody sh*t boxes that gets impounded, like hyundai crappy excel, wtf do you want to sell those crap off, who in their right minds wants to buy them any way, espically a trashed one?

I'll gladly support this crushing business, if they will start crushing those bloodly oversized 4x4s driven by idiot soccer mums, who don't know the road rules.

i dont mind punishing those people that continue to drift on the streets every weekend, and keep getting caught.

the part that bothers me is when driving my R32 GTR i keep getting cops starting at the car, following me for a short while when all i am doing is driving my car normally like everyone else.

it just really gets on my nerves being labeled as a hoon because of the car i drive, when in reality, i am 23 and over being a moron on the road, i was young and stupid and i've already lost my licence twice now, once for speeding and the other DUI.

learnt my lesson having to catch the bus everywhere for 6 months, now i just wanna cruise in a nice car thats all.

cops just have to face the hard reality, people + no brains = death (car accident), doesnt matter what car you drive, if you drive like an idiot (speeding, driving on the other side of the road) if you keep doing it you're eventually going to be in an accident.

High powered cars can be crushed, *but* people will always think "it will never happen to me"

just my 2 cents

AHH... Shit. Give the cops more power. Great Idea! -__-"

So do I get any reimbursement for the $20,000+ they just crushed!?

Cos if you ask me that's a pretty hefty bloody fine!

they need to realise that cars dont kill people....people's stupidity kills people

+1

and education is the first step to prevention..... but that's too costly for the government now isn't it!? Is much easier and cheaper to convince the public that ANYONE with a high powered car is a danger to themselves and to the rest of the population!

What about V8 supercar drivers? Are they bad drivers too? Do they put people at risk by driving at high speed around a fully prepared, carefully monitered race track? NO! They go through hours and hours of driver training to make themselves better at what they do.

Perhaps instead of introducing laws every 2 minutes about how we no longer can do something anymore... maybe making it mandatory for a driver training course to be undertaken.... or maybe we be a bit tougher on who can obtain a licence in the first place! I've seen so many drivers lately do the wrong thing and make the wrong decision purely based on the fact that they aren't equiped to be driving in the first place!

Or how about old people!? How many crashes do they account for on a yearly tally? Are they hoons too? How many times has an old guy driven through the front of someone's house becuase he "pressed the wrong pedal"? THESE LAWS ARE ABSOLUTE F&$KING BULLSH*T!!

Edited by SLEEPR85

they need to realise that cars dont kill people....people's stupidity kills people

+ 1

+1

and education is the first step to prevention..... but that's too costly for the government now isn't it!? Is much easier and cheaper to convince the public that ANYONE with a high powered car is a danger to themselves and to the rest of the population!

What about V8 supercar drivers? Are they bad drivers too? Do they put people at risk by driving at high speed around a fully prepared, carefully monitered race track? NO! They go through hours and hours of driver training to make themselves better at what they do.

Perhaps instead of introducing laws every 2 minutes about how we no longer can do something anymore... maybe making it mandatory for a driver training course to be undertaken.... or maybe we be a bit tougher on who can obtain a licence in the first place! I've seen so many drivers lately do the wrong thing and make the wrong decision purely based on the fact that they aren't equiped to be driving in the first place!

Or how about old people!? How many crashes do they account for on a yearly tally? Are they hoons too? How many times has an old guy driven through the front of someone's house becuase he "pressed the wrong pedal"? THESE LAWS ARE ABSOLUTE F&$KING BULLSH*T!!

well said bro.

Voted no :banana:

So did I, but its basically like 2 to 1 in favour ATM :P

Someone told me today that SAPOL have infact crushed a Statesman this week for persistant hooning - can anyone confirm?

So did I, but its basically like 2 to 1 in favour ATM :P

Someone told me today that SAPOL have infact crushed a Statesman this week for persistant hooning - can anyone confirm?

i think its gotten to the point that we're going to have to arrange for a counter campaign, get some statistics for the last 10 years about each fatality and the circumstances.

graph such variables as age of driver, gender, driving experience, make and model of car, time and weather conditions, etc etc etc

i think that'd probably be the only way one could dispel the 'hoon' stereotype. mind you, the dickheads that have caused trouble the last few months have done nothing to aid to the image of anyone who drives a skyline/supra/wrx/stag/batmobile.... the way the media portray it that we are all hell bent on running our precious cars into a wall or another motorist is a bit of a laugh. I was speaking to a cop at Holden Hill on Wed while I was reporting an internet fraud, and when he gave me a 'victims of crime' booklet i flipped to the part where it refers to the media and I said 'I really like your section on the media" and many a lol was had about the media

In any case, Its going to be a very very hard thing for any court to declare within the >current< laws. The real funny thing is that traditionally, if a man was to commit an offence, then the man was punished. If he used a weapon to commit the crime, the weapon was not punished, and nor was the mans immediate dependants. This law runs counter to commonsense as well as legal precedent. That doesn't mean they can't/won't change the law to make it legal (which I suppose most people would be nonplussed about their rights being eroded...) However its interesting to note that the bikie laws in both SA and NSW have ground to a halt upon appeal to the supreme court about the constitutional (read - federal interpretation) legality. If the supreme court has any sense it'll strike the laws down and the dumbass politicions in SA and NSW will actually have to do their job for a change, rather than blaming any set group without any basis upon our current law

-D

-D

Well said Dohmar, the question is.... how?

Someone mentioned "whinging nanas" in one of these threads, maybe all the non complainers should come out for a change. I know from my own experience that people who arent even into cars think its been blown out of porportion. Hell I was even talking to these two women who are both mothers, they actually agreed these "high performance vehicles" are possibly actually safer (because of thier suspension setups, brakes etc.) oh and ofcourse some have actually had cash spent on them.

Edited by 93GTST