SAU Community

Endurance Kart Racing Event

R DIRTY 3

SAUWA GO-KART Endurance Race

What: Go Kart Endurance Race

When: Saturday 15 of August. 5.30 arrival for sign in and drivers briefing

Where: Wanneroo International Kart Track (Wattle Road, Wanneroo)

How Much: $320 per Kart (So with 2 drivers, $160 per driver)

Guys / Girls,

We have decided to run an SAUWA Karting event at the Wanneroo International Karting Track. (NOT WANNEROO RACE WAY)

It will be a teams event with a minimum of 2 people per team, with a maximum of 16 teams, so spots will be limited. But please feel free to come out and be a spectator and sledge and generally have a good time at the drivers expense.

The race will be a Le Mans start, and then into an hour and a half (1.5h) endurance race.

Teams will require a driver change through out the event. The event is about seeing who completes the most laps over the hour. So in order to finish first, first you must finish.

These karts are the twin engine Pro-Karts and not your ordinary hire karts, Top Speed is close to 100KMH, and I think Mike and I managed a 98 KMH trap speed. So we are looking for keen drivers that are interested in a bit of competition as well as a social fun day out

Team numbers will be limited to 16, however as many drivers as you want per team. This will also have an effect on your driving time as well if you have more than 2 drivers.

Teams will be competing not only for forum bragging rights, but Trophies that will be presented at completion of the race by our event sponsor, our good friends "Black Sun Imports" , for 1st (Mike & Bard) 2nd & 3rd and depending on the success we will push for this to be an annual event.

Now the serious bits!!

Firstly each team will need to place a credit card down on the day of racing to cover their Kart in case of damages. Now I know that this sounds off putting, but seeing as these are the Pro-Karts it is the only way around of driving them without having a CAMs kart licence. (No clean, smooth driver has ever had any damage, isnt that right NIGE :) )

Payment for the day must be made in full ($320 per Kart) within 1 week of you booking, to me via the bank account details I will give you once you PM to confirm your spot. If bank transfer is not possible for you, contact me and we can make alternative arrangements.

NO BOOKING WILL BE TAKEN WITHOUT A PM TO ME

And once numbers are confirmed, bookings will no longer be taken.

In the event of a no show or cancellation with in 2 weeks of the event no refund will be given as numbers need to be exact for SAUWA to get the group booking.

SAUWA will booking the event for a Saturday 15th August 2009

Start time of 5.30pm or 1730 for drivers briefing. Late entrants will not be allowed to race.

Your Requirements:

Bring your own full faced helmet if you want, (they do have helmets available to borrow )

Long shirt / t-shirt and pants as well as closed in shoes (sneakers) is a must. (Full cover race suits will be given to us)

Teams will require a Team Name and a list of Drivers,

And contact details that can be sent via PM(Contact Details).

My only other suggestion to you all, is DO NOT PIT ON THE LAST LAP FOR A DRIVER CHANGE! :D

CONFIRMED ENTRANTS:

1. Team 'Ram-Rod' (Mike and Bard) CURRENT DEFENDING CHAMPIONS

2. Team "Sofa King' Racing (Keith and Ryan) PAID

3. Team "From Behind" (Paul and Tom) (PAID)

4. Team 'With Benifits" (Muttley and Lyell) (AE)

6. Team "Beauty and the Beast" (Paul and Paul) (PAID)

7. Team Yeah Mate (Nathan and Daniel) (Paid)

8. Team CR32 (Chris and .....) (AE)

9. Team Chop Chop (Scott and Clint) (AE)

10. Team Impact

11. Team "No Nickers" (Simon and Ryan) (PAID)

12. Team "Bald and Cripple" (Chris and Steve) (PAID)

13. Team "Sloth Racing" (Brad and Peter) (PAID)

14. Team "Robin and Adrian" (PAID)

15. Team "Bunno" (Not the Egpyt one) (Bart and Matt) (AE)

16. Team "JPC" (Danny and Co) (PAID)

Edited by R DIRTY 3

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Team RamRod AKA Greatest Team in the history of Karting in the world EVER hereby

bans all personnel from going anywhere near Kart 8!

Well maybe they can stand next to it, in victory lane!!!!!!

You are all useless!

B&D Racing have announced that we will field a team to compete at the Endurance Kart Racing Event, 15th August.

In an exclusive interview today team principal Mr. Keets said..

“It would be impossible to mention all of the people without whom today’s announcement may not have been possible, however I would like to express particular appreciation for the support we have received from the FIA Fédération Internationale de L’Automobile, Bridgestone, our other team partners and our many fans the world over. The journey ahead will be challenging but exciting and we know we can count on their continued enthusiasm for our team and its ambitions, we are expecting Keith and Ryan to exceed our expectations and deliver outstanding results, now if you will excuse me I have to grab a couple of beers before the locals nick them...oh and Team Ram Rod are gay, thank you".

ramrod.jpg

All the money and team talk in the world ain't going to help you polish that turd of a co-driver Keith!!!!!!

I bet Bubba and Mattley will even finish ahead of you !

I'm going to find some red and green turtle shells, and eat a bunch of bananas for this event.

You do that.

Kart 8 will be decked out in plate armour with RPG's DeathRace Stlyez YO!

weight disadvantage for the defending winners, great idea Bard :P

This coming from a man that went straight on into a tyre wall, instead of making a gentle left turn!

"It ain't the speed that kills you, it is the sudden stop!"

This coming from a man that went straight on into a tyre wall, instead of making a gentle left turn!

"It ain't the speed that kills you, it is the sudden stop!"

I didnt see this happen....maybe thats coz we were SOOOO FAR IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!