R DIRTY 3

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to ask the silly questions :P

so as I understand it, it's $320 per kart, so if I have say 4 drivers it would be $80 each?

2nd question is for those that have done the race before, how many 'forced' pit stops are there i.e. for fuel, etc. and how many times did you have to stop in the race? I'm just trying to work out how/when driver changes should be done.

I have to ask the silly questions :wub:

so as I understand it, it's $320 per kart, so if I have say 4 drivers it would be $80 each?

2nd question is for those that have done the race before, how many 'forced' pit stops are there i.e. for fuel, etc. and how many times did you have to stop in the race? I'm just trying to work out how/when driver changes should be done.

Correct for the kart question, but 4 drivers would put you at a dis-advantage as it's an extra 2 pit-stops to change drivers. Not having done this before I can't answer the other question, but the driver change should be in the middle of the race so both drivers have an equal amount of time out there, paying the same amount of money after all :P

If you veer off into the dirt you will get a flag waved at as just as you PASS the pit lane (for some reason) meaning you have to pit for a chain re-oiling, keeps dem inner working sprightly.

2 drivers is best, you will realise that time flies when your on the track and 22 minutes per driver, with 4 drivers is 8 minutes less track time than we had at the first outing.

Edited by Topaz

2 drivers sounds good, but I don't think they would be in it to win it so to speak, so my options are to find someone that wants to do it competitively or go there with a few mates and perhaps have a bit of fun rather than all out attack, in which case having many pit stops won't be of any real concern.

Why is the entries takign so long to come through. Come on folks, dont be scared...join up and get beaten by Team Ram Rod!!!

p.s. More trash talk or i will cancel the event! :)

Correct for the kart question, but 4 drivers would put you at a dis-advantage as it's an extra 2 pit-stops to change drivers. Not having done this before I can't answer the other question, but the driver change should be in the middle of the race so both drivers have an equal amount of time out there, paying the same amount of money after all :)

There's not too many people who can handle 45min in a Kart that is vibrating to buggery, so you'll find even with two drivers you'll pit a couple times each.

There's not too many people who can handle 45min in a Kart that is vibrating to buggery, so you'll find even with two drivers you'll pit a couple times each.

True that!

I spent 28 minutes in the kart at the first event and does tend to make the body hurt.

However, having Mike as the *cough* team boss, i was in no position to argue with him.

(Have you seen the size of him??????????)

I could handle the whole 1.5hrs solo without a stop, easy. Too bad Mattley will want a go :)

Bard, put us down but I'll have to pay on the night (don't know about Muttley).