SAU Community

R32 N1 Gtr Rh8/rh9 Drag Car

Nur33

Amazing work Ben, builds like this inspire me. Quick question, it appears you have a gloss finsh on the dash with the carbon fibre and a dry finsh with the centre console ( may just be the lighting ) Is there any tips to get the dry finsh ?

Cheers,

The pic must have been taken before we put the resin on it when it was sanded back, all of our carbon parts have had a clear coat of resin on them, not really sure how you would make it look like dry carbon.

Hi Guys,

Started the car today and had a few issues but eventually fired up. The Bloody Crank angle sensor shit itself so lucky mark had his old one from his GTR. Also had a Voltage drop on our injector supply and was only getting 9volts instead of 11.5volts and would not fire the injectors. Once the car was started we shut it down fairly quickly cause the V band clamp behind the turbo was leaking and we will buy a new clamp in the morning and chuck the car on the dyno. Here is a video enjoy!

are you going to put more boost into it?

also how did you run the motor in if its just been finished and put together?

i know with my motor they wanted me to do 2000 kms before having the full tune completed

Sorry guys had a miss print the end result for today was 800Hp at all 4 wheels @ 26-27psi @ 9000 rpm which approx 1000 flywheel hp, dyno sheet and videos will be put up as soon as i get home got a 12hr drive now yucky.gif, we ran the motor in on the dyno for about 50km on 98ron fuel than upped her.

50kms is enough time for everything to bed together?

Also from what I've read and been told by my own engine builder, you shouldnt run motors in on a dyno.

Not saying you dont know what your doing just going by my own experience.

Depending on what type of rings you use, this is a drag engine build for one purpose its a lot different to your everyday streeter engine. Heres a pic of dyno graph:

196154_10150125899808485_679318484_6520717_1795736_n.jpg

50kms is enough time for everything to bed together?

Also from what I've read and been told by my own engine builder, you shouldnt run motors in on a dyno.

Not saying you dont know what your doing just going by my own experience.

There are a number of shops who do 50k's or so after a quick drive around the block to make sure of no leaks, then turn it up and give it back to the owner at full power :)

Mine was done like that, installed and started, check for leaks, 100k's of run in then booked for the dyno

yeah 2,000kms to run in before power tune is a waste of about 1,800kms in my opinion. but given I didn't build your engine you did the right thing in taking their advice.

also I dunno what's wrong with running in the engine on the dyno? it's fantastic. you don't have to go anywere, you can vary load and speed as you like. no time spent at red lights etc idling. no time spent on long constant speed and rpm sections of road, can run up to whatever speed you like, and since you are not driving you can keep a much better eye on the car temps etc. it's the best way to run it in in my opinion. but would get a bit expensive if you wanted to do 2,000kms of it!

well i was just going by what croydon told me to do,

they build heaps of motors and know there shit so i took there advice.

but yeh i guess everyone is different as to how they do things