SAU Community

Z32 Afm Required For 300kw?

Guys!

I've spoken to the guy thats gonna tune the car and he reckons I dont need anything else other than a standard pfc and boost controller to get that power. I had previously consulted another fellow N1 owner and he assure me even the injectors will be fine (around 95%-98% duty cycle) if 300kW is all that I'm after. And I should be running 14psi as low boost, 18psi as high and cut at 20psi.

Basically I want to retain the stock parts as much as possible with the maximum efficiency being achieved (dont want to devalue the car). Having said that, the only after market part I have currently is a trust full titanium exhaust system with compliance cat (might need to get a proper sized one?). I'm not sure what power it is currently having too (only had the car for 3months and spent 1 month fking around with the a/c). Any recommendation for cat if I need 1?

All I need is some confirmation as to whether or not 300kW is achievable at this level (when I say 300kW doesnt mean it'll have to 300, 290-300 will be fine too). Thanks!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think youll be pushing the injectors and more importantly have you got an aftermarket fuel pump in there?

That will help your case a little too.

No, you dont need Z32s for 300kw.

Injectors and AFM's wont post a problem for 300rwkw.

Been done many times. Minor bump in the rail pressure might be required.

Yea thats what I was told as well. Might need to increase the pressure with a fuel regulator. Any recommendations for replacement cat? I saw justjap selling catco and xforce ones for pretty cheap prices but I dont know weather if they'll do the job. Have hear bad stuff about metal cats melting and ceramic is preferred. Cheers!

I think youll be pushing the injectors and more importantly have you got an aftermarket fuel pump in there?

That will help your case a little too.

No, you dont need Z32s for 300kw.

Thanks for the info, exactly what I need for the AFM question. I dont know if the N1 comes with a different capacity fuel pump or not but as stated, everything's stock. All I know is it came with an oil cooler which stand GTR doesnt have and the other pumps are N1 rated as well (not sure which are and arent).

Yes I will be pushing the injectors but it they're running 95%-98% duty I dont think I'll have much problem as I have no plans on further mods/power. And I dont thrash the car.

I have seen quite a few GTR's hit 300KW with good turbo's and exhaust, fuel pump and injector upgrade and power FC's... stock airboxes to. I think that's almost the minimum you need to do for 300rwkw.

May all just depend on the current condition of the parts u have in ur car now like ur AFM's and fuel pressure reg etc, they shouldn't need changing if they in good condition.

It has been done, just depends if your particular car will deal with it maybe.

Still a few grands worth of mods but maybe a few grand less than u thought without having to change cams and manifolds etc etc.. The rest should cope.

Good luck

Edited by FordyR31

Alright, it'll be known in probably another 1month or less when I get it tuned. I'll probably get those $180 catco cat to replace the compliance cat.

I'll be interested to see how you go. I have the same Catco cat and stock dumps (my biggest restriction). Also stock air box etc. Tune is coming in a couple of weeks for me.

Good luck mate.

Let me know how you go as well. The other factor to consider when getting highflow cat is how much loud is my exhaust gonna be and what sort of power increase would I expect. If its gonna make it louder and 5kW more... I rather not have it if you know what I mean.

Let me know how you go as well. The other factor to consider when getting highflow cat is how much loud is my exhaust gonna be and what sort of power increase would I expect. If its gonna make it louder and 5kW more... I rather not have it if you know what I mean.

My Catco is installed and barely effected noise levels from the stock R32 GTR cat, you've got nothing to worry about with that ;) . Hopefully if they have space for me my car will be tuned next week (getting a clutch fitted also).

Specs are:

150,000km old R32 block (potentially rebuilt in Japan as it's been running 1.45bar :P )

HKS2530s

Stock dumps, HKS front pipe, Catco, HKS hipower

Stock air box

Fuel system

Power FC

So should be a reasonable comparison to your car. Although my dumps will be restrictive :P .

I think the dumps are the same for all variants of 33s so but dont know it it'll be any less restrictive comaparing to the 32s. But looks like it'll be a good comparison. Which workshop is tuning it for you?

I think the dumps are the same for all variants of 33s so but dont know it it'll be any less restrictive comaparing to the 32s. But looks like it'll be a good comparison. Which workshop is tuning it for you?

Ed @ Autotech here in Canberra. GTRs up to 1000hp under his belt (one there when I went that day he showed me).

My car also has Z32s, there's always something I have forgotten!

So should be a reasonable comparison to your car. Although my dumps will be restrictive :P .

You'll find they probably wont be :P

A heard from a little bird the other day 380rwkw, 20psi on -5s through factory R32 GTR Dumps ;)

You'll find they probably wont be :P

A heard from a little bird the other day 380rwkw, 20psi on -5s through factory R32 GTR Dumps ;)

Interesting indeed, thank you. If it is the HKS2530s I have - the previous owner told fibs and didn't know some things - they might be SS, and the motor is in reasonable condition, I should see some decent power. Probably more than what would allow my motor to last a reasonable amount of time :P .

Ed @ Autotech here in Canberra. GTRs up to 1000hp under his belt (one there when I went that day he showed me).

My car also has Z32s, there's always something I have forgotten!

Autotech...? I'm bring mine to Autotech too but in Gold Coast and the tuner's Gavin Woods. I wonder if they're affiliated.

BTW, isnt SS the equivalent of N1s? Is there a link which details the turbo in terms of power output (from a noob point of view). I did a search on the forum and all I could find is people's experience with different turbos and their built. I'm still learning... =D

Edited by Brandon

Yes for yours, I think is the answer to that one. Someone more knowledgable on comparisons between R32/R33/R34 N1s and Garretts and HKS can answer that far better than I.