SAU Community

Bc Racing Coilover External Reservoir Fully

No.96

G'Day,

I've been looking at the "BC Racing" coilover for sale on ebay, they have external reservior, shock and rebound adjustable , body height adjustable for $1695.00. They look the goods but seem way too cheap.

I looked up their website, they are from the UK and have some sort of German accreditation, but I assume they are manufactured in China. "Not that that a bad thing", I don't want to end up in a jail cell with a Rio Tinto Executive.

Has anyone bought these?

Any comments

I just had Centreline Suspension in Melbourne install them in my 180sx. When i picked my car up, i was asked what i wanted to do with the car. I was basically explained that these coilovers (ER model) are made for track usage. So far I haven't driven my car much (issues with alternator)

they look quite good for $1700 delivered but there is no way to tell what they are like till you test them. many compaines just make 1 damper and use different fittings on the ends to make it fit many different cars. this is bad as different cars and different springs and different useage needs different damping specs and different valves and shim stacks inside the damper. there is no way to know what is inside a damper you buy (without getting it on a shock dyno or pulling it apart) and no way of knowing what kind of R+D has been done to make that damper work with your specific model of car. in the case of most stuff manufactured in china and taiwan the chance of them having done extensive testing on say an R32 GTR is pretty slim, where as compaines like tein etc do that testing. there is the same issue with springs but it's not such a big deal as spring rate are fairly easily and cheaply changed. the other issue of course is quality. it's no use if they work well if they spit out a seal in 6 months time.

all of these things are un-known. of the problems the biggest one is the damper. many of those companies just use very 'approximate' specs for the damper. at most they might look up the weight and F-R weight balance of a car on the net and have a guess from there, but I highly doubt they have tested every model they make on the actual model of car it's made to fit.

i believe BC also make Racing Logic Coilovers? I've heard great things abt those coilovers, just not many reviews on the "BC" labelled ones.

If BC have anything to do with Racing Logic dont buy them, i was given set of new Racing Logic Coil overs to test in my R32 GTR, had them in for 4 months after trying differant springs, they are crap,

way to bouncy under brakes over bumps and dampers where up shit creek, let alone did very

little when adjusted.

Now have Tein Mono Flex and fells like a differnat car.

Spend the money and buy the good stuff....

ill have a set of these in my R32 GTR race car for the next meeting.

They are being checked and tested right now before we fit them up.

Ill be keeping my old spring rates and going from there so after some testing ill be sure to post up results

I am also contemplating on this BC Racing (BR spec) and Tein Super Street. Hope to hear more feedback for on the track and street experienced for r34 GTT. The spring rate for the BC Racing (8/6kg) is slightly more than the Teins SS (6/4kg). However the BC is monotube against the Teins twintubes. Appreciate feedback and if there is any comparison between both models.

ill have a set of these in my R32 GTR race car for the next meeting.

They are being checked and tested right now before we fit them up.

Ill be keeping my old spring rates and going from there so after some testing ill be sure to post up results

Are you getting the shocks dynoed? If so I'd love to see the graphs.

Been trying to get BC & GReddy to cough them up without success and haven't had time to pull my GReddys out to test.

Are you getting the shocks dynoed? If so I'd love to see the graphs.

Been trying to get BC & GReddy to cough them up without success and haven't had time to pull my GReddys out to test.

Hoping to know more about the BC on Skylines although other forums espescially the Evo/Subaru seems to like them very much. So far they have the BR specs with option of rubber or steel topmount to choose. Too bad there is no external reservoir type made for the GTT other than Evo/Subaru.

• 1 month later...

I have also been looking at ther BR ones on ebay, they are a pillow ball upper mount. however i noticed in some ebay sellers fine print they are seling them withouth the rubber pillow mount. so be careful on that one. other than that i have heard only good things about them.

• 2 months later...

i run greddy type s with 8/6 springs.

these are aparently the exact same as the bc ones

my car makes 323rwkw and also has struts, sways, pineapples, castor, camber and mech diff.

the coilovers are run @ 320mm centre to guard (low)

tyres are nitto NT05 245/40/18

i get traction through all gears right through to 7.5k rpm when i mash the loud pedal, and only spin when i want them to.

there is zero axle tramp.

they are a comfortable enough ride and my car is my daily with the coils on the hardest setting for nearly 2 years now.

the only thing they are shitful for is launching, but hey, its an 8/6 combo... that's just what you have to put up with

i am very happy with the product for the money and would happily buy again

cheers