SAU Community

Need A New Radiator

R34Liner

hay guys and gals

my radiator is blocked and sooooo

i want to get this bad boy

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=271&page=2

for my R34 GT (yes non turbo RB25DE) but the big problem is my car is the tiptronic model, so essentially auto...i know i know its terrible but i have learnt to live with it until i get my beloved GTT in manual :devil::D

the problem is, as most of you can figure, the radiator mentioned above is for the 5 speed. so my quesitons to you guys is

1) what is the difference between a auto radiator and a manual radiator?

2) where can i find a auto radiator?

im in desperate need of a new radiator so any help would be fantastic!!

thanx guys!

Try calling a Nissan Dealership and find out how much a genuine replacement is.

And contact PWR see if they do one to suit.

The only possible difference I can think of is that the auto radiator also serves as a transmission cooler.

I think the auto one has an extra nipple on the bottom for a hose that cools the auto tranny..

Ps. how do you know that your radiator is blocked ? I'm just curious as I was considering the same new radiator.

Try calling a Nissan Dealership and find out how much a genuine replacement is.

And contact PWR see if they do one to suit.

The only possible difference I can think of is that the auto radiator also serves as a transmission cooler.

Yea i looked on there site and they didnt seem to have any R34 Radiators so i will have to ring up Nissan and get the specs and then see if they have any like that

I think the auto one has an extra nipple on the bottom for a hose that cools the auto tranny..

Ps. how do you know that your radiator is blocked ? I'm just curious as I was considering the same new radiator.

yea it would make sence as that would be the only diffrence,

the reason i know the radiator is blocked or limiting the flow to a certain section of the radiator is because both pipes going in and out of the radiator are boiling hot and the air being blown off my radiator is alot cooler then my overheating engine and pipes leading from the engine :) - also i know its not my thermostat because my heater works and i am currently using my heater as a secondary radiator to keep my engine cool, and it works a treat! i just have to run around with my heater on full blast in summer :thumbsup:

just give justjap a call mate, I'm sure they have ones to suit auto as well. There is often a transmission cooler in the bottom of a radiator in an auto - just look for 4 hoses to the radiator instead of 2

yea sent them an email today, hopefully they have one, i like the one they have in the link i posted - ill take a look for the hoses tomorrow. the mechanic says its a bitch taking out a auto radiator, so im presuming its a little more then 2 extra hoses, either that or hes a baby

thanx guys :)

also i know its not my thermostat because my heater works and i am currently using my heater as a secondary radiator to keep my engine cool, and it works a treat! i just have to run around with my heater on full blast in summer :down:
Nothing to do with each other. The thermostat does not control the workings of your heater. It is there simply to control the temperature of the coolant.

Why don't you just get your radiator cleaned if that's the problem. A lot cheaper than a new radiator.

Nothing to do with each other. The thermostat does not control the workings of your heater. It is there simply to control the temperature of the coolant.

Why don't you just get your radiator cleaned if that's the problem. A lot cheaper than a new radiator.

really? - my bad :D - anyway i just got the radiator cleaned...it was 70% blocked :D - $250 for clean and labor - shes cool again! YAY :D

you guys are forgetting...automatic....the labor is a bit more...and if i want a new radiator i cant get the sexy one from just jap because its for a manual and hasn't got the cooling system at the bottom for the A/T....i went with the 250 because i needed the car asap, i cbf shopping around for a part that's expensive and hard to find (for me anyway) that i don't need. 250 was also the best quote i could find out of a handful of my mechanics that i go to in my area so I'm happy :)

My brother has an auto 300zx and bought an awesome aftermarket rad but it was for a manual. He bought an oil cooler and connected the hoses to that instead and bolted the cooler at the front. Works alright.