SAU Community

Fake Parts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely, they can be easily tracked down thru the "Paper Trail" back from the Retailer! Bums!

Feel sympathy for GReddy

Feel sorry for an innocent purchaser that ends up with damage to his turbo etc

Don't feel sorry for the retailer who should know who he's dealing with in the 1st place.

And the Counterfeiters need to be put out of business and penalised. I probably only need a couple of guesses as to which country they come from.

Wow, they are soo close alike! the counterfitors have really spent some time making these. Great read!

Hahaha if they can counterfit them close enough they might be worth purchasing in the future :laugh:

If I was the person making the rip offs I would be reading that and re modeling the rip off...

same here...... i want to know what factory is producing this, they look asif they have half an idea of what there doing....

There were cases before that big companies send jobs out to cheaper countries to make the product and these factory did a few late night "overtime" while in day time they produce "genuine product" this could be the cases.

There are lots of Ideas going around on where they come from, but who can crack down on them?

Greddy apparently,

If you suspect you have purchased, or know of a person selling, counterfeit GReddy products please contact us at [email protected] , so we pursue these criminals and there fraudulent parts.

If I was making them I would email them, thanking them for the advice on how I can improve my fraudulent product. There would be nothing they can do.

But that's just me...

it is extremely easy to do. buy a new bov, send it to a factory in china, get them to replicate it, tell them how cheap you want them to be and away you go. seems to be that they will change one of 2 little things to make it obvious to someone who looks closely enough to see that it is fake, but close enough to fool 99.9% of people. i know that with some stuff they will simply alter the spelling of the name. it happens with holley carbies. they just spell it holly on the fakes

i do sell the knock off ssqv's, but they're clearly labelled "monza" on them, and i tell people that they're a copy and not the real thing. its people who are too tight to pay for the real thing because wankers like nengun.com sell directly into australia and not pay any duty or gst, and shaft every retailer and people who has anything to do with the car industry. it's a load of crap. its why apexi and trust went into recievership. if anyone buys parts of e-bay and gets shafted by a copy, sucks to be you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Trail braking done right, should have the rear unsettled, such that you're actually turning the car by a noticeable amount WITH the brakes, and hence noticeably less steering input.
    • No you don't. Just no more driving in the wet, and clean your window manually before you drive
    • I'm not sure if they tick your boxes, but Haltech would be my pick. I'm an Adaptronic guy from way back, and Haltech acquired Adaptronic to basically get Andy, AND his IP on how he does things like fuel modelling etc.
    • Just on this, as there's a huge issue in your assumption Dose.   The logic you've given, is the same logic old school NA guys give for "needing back pressure" in an exhaust. If you free up an exhaust system, and keep injecting the same fuel in etc, at the same timing, you'll typically drop power. Freeing the exhaust will often make an engine want a little bit more timing, and even sometimes a little more fuel, but then it'll make even more power.   There's many mods people do and "get no extra power" when running a comparison on the same tune. Imagine a car tuned for 91, but now we say put 98 in it, see no difference. But as we now have 98 fuel, you can run more timing, and make more power, as the 91 was knock limited.   So just be very wary in your claim of "don't retune it and do a back to back and you'll see". The correct approach would be tune the car with stock manifold, swap the manifold to aftermarket, and retune it again. But no one wants to do that, and all the results we get are "this was stock, and this is manifold changed and tuned" and people put it all down as just the tune doing it.
    • Unplug ECU. Unplug TPS. Unplug boost pressure sensor. Now, all the wires, placing your ground (black) multimeter lead at the ECU end, measure resistance of the 5V line at the boost sensor plug. Then do the same to the TPS plug. Then do the same for all the other wires that relate to the TPS, or boost sensor.   All of your measurements should be very very low. You're looking to see if wiring is out of wack here.   Secondly, from memory on the R33 (not a neo motor, so I'm assuming an r34) the ground wire for the TPS and boost sensor are NOT equal to ground of the car/battery. IE, DO NOT connect ground of the sensor to the engine/body of car. You'll get a ground loop, and/or potentially screw shit up. In electronics, ground for a circuit, is not necessarily equal to ground of another circuit.   So this leads me to ask, when measuring your 5V, how are you getting 1.5V? Where are your multimeter leads touching for both the red and black lead on the multimeter?   If you're measuring power on the sensor wire, and putting ground on the car chassis or negative battery terminal, that could be all of your issues in "getting 1.5v". Electronics engineers can do some funky stuff with circuits, and when both sensors are on, it's enough laid to alter how the ECU is functioning.