SAU Community

Whats The Deal With Xforce?

popinr33

sup guys, just got an x-force hi flow cat...$175 for just jap, they had a catco one for the same price but they recommended the x-force one. seems like most people here dont really like x-force, any reason?

car is fully stock preety much

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As your car is fairly stock it will be better for it... Im assuming you dont have an exhaust or u have a catback exhaust with a stock cat? if so, these high flows are fine... but when ur power starts to get around 200rwkw... u notice a difference...

I bought 1, because I gutted my cat to get more flow going and it helped at the time, gained about 14kw or something like that... but with no cat, the back of my car was going yellow (white car) so I got one of these and the car was really restricted and lost alot of power.... i sold it 2 days later.

I ended up buying a really nice free flowing metal catco cat for 300-350...something like that... metal cats and highflow cats are different and the metal ones are way more flowing, which is what you pay for and I didnt loose any power with the metal cat....

something to keep in mind for the future, so if your going to mod, this will end up being a restriction imo.

seems like most people here dont really like x-force, any reason?

I've never seen a most people not liking them....

Links to such threads/posts?

Cat is a cat for low-mid range performance upgrades.

Its only once you start making 300rwkw+ that you really need to look and spend decent cash on super flowing cats.

Below that pretty much any $150-$220 cat works no drama's

If the car is tuned right..

My Xforce cat got kinda shrivelled up near the back and blocked SOLID to the point where the turbo blew a chunk of gasket out due to backpressure :D

this *may* have been due to running an ECU with no 02 sensor though.

I ended up turning it into a 'race cat' for a huuuge improvement in performance. Would go a catco metal cat next time.

I've never seen a most people not liking them....

Links to such threads/posts?

Cat is a cat for low-mid range performance upgrades.

Its only once you start making 300rwkw+ that you really need to look and spend decent cash on super flowing cats.

Below that pretty much any $150-$220 cat works no drama's

I have seen many posts bagging x-force cats, most of which seemed to be people who have never used one but instead paid 2-3 times for a catco so assume anything under what they have is shit.

For a stockish car it will be fine.

I went from a no cat to an xforce cat to get my 3L 32 over the pits.. lost power and response, felt like something was retarded (and no, it wasn't the driver :D).

i have been using a X force cat for about 2 years now...still going great and the car is making 214rwkw on stock turbo.....definitely felt the difference the day i chuck the high flow one compared to the stock one.....so to answer your question mate....no i havent had a problem with a x force high flow cat