micoloursml1.jpg

Proudly Presents:

Micolour SAU-Vic DECA Motorkhana Round 4

When : Saturday 7th November, 2009

Where : DECA - Shepparton, 145 Wanganui Road, Shepparton, VIC 3630

Cost : $80

Max Entries : 50 + Reserves

-= PLEASE NOTE =-

The insurer of the event (AASA) has issued supplimentary regulations that require all entrants to wear helmets during all competition. This includes the skidpan and all battles.

This also impacts passengers, as they must also now wear a helmet prior to entering a competition vehicle.

A fire extinguisher is required by all entrants. This is for your own safety.

Please re-read the supplimentary regulations before entering the event.

Entry Form & Supp. Regs. : Click Here - TO GET ONTO THE LIST WE NEED YOUR ENTRY FORM. NO FORM NO LIST

Event Schedule: Not yet available

Results: Not yet available

Anyone paying by cheque MUST make the cheque out to Skylines Australia Victoria. Cheques made out to anything else WILL BE REJECTED.

Please support our sponsors : Micolour - Custom Refinishing, 7 Dissik St Cheltenham 3192, Ph: (03) 9555 8011.

Hi guys, Juliette from the forums told me to check this event out so ive joined up on the forums.

I'm pretty keen to do a motorkhana, it sounds like it would be a lot of fun (from the name anyway!). However, ive never done one before.. Can anyone give me a quick rundown on it, like the sorts of things they have you doing, whats involved, etc.

Also, it has a clause saying that the car must be 'roadworthy'.. I have a dedicated track car i plan to bring, which passes scrutineering for the sprints at Winton, but im sure wouldnt be considered as roadworthy by VICRoads :) . Can anyone clear up what the entry means by the term 'roadworthy' in this instance?

Thanks!!!!

Hayley

Hi guys, Juliette from the forums told me to check this event out so ive joined up on the forums.

I'm pretty keen to do a motorkhana, it sounds like it would be a lot of fun (from the name anyway!). However, ive never done one before.. Can anyone give me a quick rundown on it, like the sorts of things they have you doing, whats involved, etc.

Also, it has a clause saying that the car must be 'roadworthy'.. I have a dedicated track car i plan to bring, which passes scrutineering for the sprints at Winton, but im sure wouldnt be considered as roadworthy by VICRoads :) . Can anyone clear up what the entry means by the term 'roadworthy' in this instance?

Thanks!!!!

Hayley

No leaks, no belts(tyres), yes belts(or harness), secure panels, fire extinguisher... if its race worthy, it should be fine. This is what i gathered from the cars i saw there, the scrutineer should post at some point

Roadworthy mostly refers to your car having tread on the tyres and being safely (somewhat subjective) drivable...keep in mind that if your track car is running full slicks then you'll be penalised with timing.

The above is correct.

also:

- No loose items in the car. this includes glovebox and boot. also take out drivers foot mat.

- Battery secured properly. no cable ties.

- CHECK YOUR WHEEL NUTS ARE TIGHT

- Fire extinguisher is to be BOLTED in. not screwed or cable tied.

- Helmet must have adr sticker on it.

Fantastic thanks, i get it now!! OOO really wanna go!!

One more question though, maybe im too blind to see it, but do you have to be part of a club (someone mentioned i may have to)? Im a forum member on the WRX forums, and now i have signed up here, however i am not an official paid member of any club. If so, I might have to look into getting a membership somewhere

Fantastic thanks, i get it now!! OOO really wanna go!!

One more question though, maybe im too blind to see it, but do you have to be part of a club (someone mentioned i may have to)? Im a forum member on the WRX forums, and now i have signed up here, however i am not an official paid member of any club. If so, I might have to look into getting a membership somewhere

Yeah gotta be a financial member of a car club.

The above is correct.

also:

- No loose items in the car. this includes glovebox and boot. also take out drivers foot mat.

- Battery secured properly. no cable ties.

- CHECK YOUR WHEEL NUTS ARE TIGHT

- Fire extinguisher is to be BOLTED in. not screwed or cable tied.

- Helmet must have adr sticker on it.

Unfortunatly I am out for this one... couple of the other guys will be taking over the Scruitineering.

I really must stress Ryans 4th point there...

This is the worst prepared item by the majority of entrants at every DECA...

If you are going to enter... please check you fire extinguisher is BOLTED FIRMLY to your car....

If you are not sure... mount it in and then grab it and shake it vigirously... if it doesn't move it all you have done a good job.

Just imagine to if you are in some sort of accident and your flimsy bracket or cable ties let go....

helmet or not... a fire extinguisher is gonna leave a big hole through your head!

Apart from the obvious persoanl ramifications - i.e. death....

We simply just can't be bothered with the paper work, and DECA management don't appreciate blood on their skid pan... (Its a pain to clean off) :(:P:P

/rant....

Hope you all have a great time...

and hope to be back out there soon... (with an extra 2 cylinders :cool::down::/ )