SAU Community

How Much Rwkw For What 1/4 Mile Time.

Stealthynsa

Hi guys ive tried searching, Drag times but i found nothing i wanted to know for an "R33 Gtst" (post other cars if u want)

I was wondering if people could post up thier 1/4 mile times and how much power (rwkw) they had at the time.

doesnt have to be exact i just want a rough estimate of what power should get u into what time bracket.

from around maybe 9s - 14s, as my uncle has built a XB falcon v8 that runs 11.6 and he said ill never beat him

so basically i just want to know what lyes ahead :)

Cheers Peoples

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys ive tried searching, Drag times but i found nothing i wanted to know for an "R33 Gtst" (post other cars if u want)

I was wondering if people could post up thier 1/4 mile times and how much power (rwkw) they had at the time.

doesnt have to be exact i just want a rough estimate of what power should get u into what time bracket.

from around maybe 9s - 14s, as my uncle has built a XB falcon v8 that runs 11.6 and he said ill never beat him

Cheers Peoples

STD GTS-t + 100hp NOS shot = 11.5

My experience. 400kw, full weight R32 GTR... Mid 10sec @ 138mph

Dude, you know there is so much more to drag racing than just hp....???

A torquey V8 with a well set up auto and suspension could easily siht allover a hard suspension, manual peaky import with more hp... Alot more consistant too.

Power to weight+ traction+power delivery FTW!!!

If you want to get around you uncle in your 33, ur going to spend alot of cash brother. I'd estimate 360+rwkw, gooood tyres, gearset/auto, some susp set up and lots and lots and lots of practice at the track to be consistant.

STD GTS-t + 100hp NOS shot = 11.5

What he said.

I have a little evo 1 (light gsr version, with built motor etc.) at the moment as a daily work car. That would probably lay the smack down to your uncles car on the drag strip and to rub it in returns better than 10L/100km around town not to mention it's abillity to stop, go around corners and start first time on a cold or hot day. :)

This thread is going nowhere quickly.

lol i agree, i dont think its that hard just to input your pwr with a time...

and to answer the other guys question i know there is more to drag racing then power, its common sense.

all i wanted to know what wat power people had when they ran there times and no 1 can provide, common ppls o.0

Edited by Stealthynsa

A need for very deep pockets. :)

My advice is don't worry about a dumb dick measuring contest with your uncle, just do the stage 1 tune to ~200 kw and have some fun...won't break the bank either. Add decent suspension also.

lol i agree, i dont think its that hard just to input your pwr with a time...

and to answer the other guys question i know there is more to drag racing then power, its common sense.

all i wanted to know what wat power people had when they ran there times and no 1 can provide, common ppls o.0

I was being serious...2rismo ran 11.5 with a stock engine GTS-t...stock turbo as well. Just a Power FC intercooler and turbo back exhaust.

To the guy with the GSR, i hope you know the GSR is actually the heavier version. Nice cars though. You can get one in NZ for around 6k at the moment.

My car ran 11.9 with 310kws and a boost problem. That was on M/T Et Streets with a best 60 foot of 1.7. First time racing this car so times should improve on that.

so what your saying is im likerly to run 11's like 2rismo?

i got a "32 gtst with full turbo back xhaust, fmic, "33 s2 turbo set at 10psi with a 50hp shot nos plus a greddy emange copgy back unit.

manualised "32 auto with 3000rpm stall

unsure of power output as im re-tuning atm due to nos install

I was being serious...2rismo ran 11.5 with a stock engine GTS-t...stock turbo as well. Just a Power FC intercooler and turbo back exhaust.

I thought mid 11's wasn't possible with even 300rwkw according to the experts around here

:D

:D

Half of you guys can't be serious.

Trying to find power results, and calculate 1/4 times. You're looking at +/- 2-3 secs.

You could make a 250rwkw car do low 11's, with the right way about it.

Power isn't all that in Drag Racing.

What you want to focus on is Suspension set-up and splurge on tyres.

You could have a 500rwkw car with positive displacement coilovers wheelspinning the whole track.

Generally 90/10 ratio front/rear is a good start.

Stock suspension in the rear, get some coilovers at the front with 8-10kg springs, wind the dampening up all the way.

Tyres, can't go past Mickey Thompson's.

You got an R33?

Buy some R32 GTR wheels or even 300zx wheels. Slap on fat M/T's with good side wall flex 265/40 R16.

Get a good clutch too, Brass button, or even twin plate. Rear wheel drive cars need riding on the take-off to prevent wheel spin.

Lift Handbrake up and (hold the button in obviously so it goes down again) hold revs just before full boost. Let the clutch out until you feel it starting to bite...hold hold hold..and let go.

Get ready to basically slam second straight away.

Don't hit limiter.

Take out everything (YES EVERYTHING)..spare wheel, jack, seats incl passenger.

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.

Don't expect to get there straight away.

It's the battle that makes it fun!

ENJOY..

Hope that helps!

RJ