SAU Community

My New Car

LotusGTR

I guess I can't get enough of the old 32s......so I bought another one. My silver one keeps getting more track orientated and I wanted something more street friendly. I also miss having a stock GTR. Due to how (relatively) civilised the new one is my wife is happy to get in it and I've even got a baby seat in the back for my daughter. I can now combine family days out and taking a GTR for a spin.....Went up Authur's Seat yesterday and all through Red Hill which was fantastic. Now I've got to resist fiddling with this one but I'm not sure how long I'll last before I can't help myself.....

The car is a 1992 and has 177k klms on it which I dare say is a real figure (unlike the 90k readings on almost all GTRs, including my other one). Rims are unmarked and the car is stock save for a stupidly large Jasma cannon and some sort of Tein suspension. Drives really nicely but feels a little strangled by the zorst.......Overall it's in great condition. Fingers crossed the engine and turbs hang on for a while.

2 GTRs in my garage makes me very happy.

Hope you like.

post-46395-1255297977_thumb.jpg

post-46395-1255297987_thumb.jpg

post-46395-1255297998_thumb.jpg

post-46395-1255298008_thumb.jpg

post-46395-1255298021_thumb.jpg

post-46395-1255298029_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys.

Femno, I see where you're coming from but I just love them. I also know them and have parts and people around me to help with the inevitable fix ups and upgrades. The silver one is pretty hairy chested now and isn't that much fun on the road, so hence the streeter. Personal preference I guess. What would you get for that brief for $17k?

I discovered that someone has signed the back of the sun visor on the driver's side. Wondered if anyone had seen something like this before. Perhaps my car was owned by a Japanese celebrity? Image attached.

post-46395-1255378628_thumb.jpg

u got a good buy there mate. when i get the money up i hope to have a standard skyline to drive everyday and have my r34 for the track or vice versa. my other skyline has to be a GTR though, wont have anything less. i guess we shall see how the market goes over the next few years.

how much did u pick up the gtr for anyway?

u got a good buy there mate. when i get the money up i hope to have a standard skyline to drive everyday and have my r34 for the track or vice versa. my other skyline has to be a GTR though, wont have anything less. i guess we shall see how the market goes over the next few years.

how much did u pick up the gtr for anyway?

Thanks mate. Good luck with your plan. Price is in my last post.

Car is in great condition. If that's what $17k buys you now I'd be there as well - just need a 3rd garage! :down:

LOL at the photo's outside Baby Bunting, jeez I've dropped some coin there.

I had the baby seat in mine before the cage went in - the seat anchor is still on the parcel shelf as I can't get to it to take it off now!

Off your meds again Nick? :down:

Good buy, just make sure the Mrs doesnt start askign why hers isnt as quick as yours...you will have real problems then ;)

Where is your car up to? Did you cage it? Looking forward to getting back to Aus in a few weeks and seeing if my thing remembers its way around a track :banana:

Car is in great condition. If that's what $17k buys you now I'd be there as well - just need a 3rd garage! :)

LOL at the photo's outside Baby Bunting, jeez I've dropped some coin there.

I had the baby seat in mine before the cage went in - the seat anchor is still on the parcel shelf as I can't get to it to take it off now!

Does BBGTR stand for Baby Bunting GTR?

Off your meds again Nick? :D

Good buy, just make sure the Mrs doesnt start askign why hers isnt as quick as yours...you will have real problems then :banana:

Where is your car up to? Did you cage it? Looking forward to getting back to Aus in a few weeks and seeing if my thing remembers its way around a track :banana:

No cage yet. I've been thinking full cage but have a few things to consider before I do that so I might just get a seat and harness for now......