SAU Community

Intro - Vtec Yo! Picture Already Attached

BlackDC5S

Hi All,

I recently bought a DC5 Type S following a 2 year break from car modifying and was looking for a forum/club that held regular open invite trackdays and was CAMs affiliated and found SAU VIC to be pretty much the only one around for JDM cars.

Given the name of the Club Skylines Australia, I wanted to ask whether it is an appropriate club for me to join?

I've had a history of owning JDM "sports" cars including a civic, WRX and s15 and am looking to just have some track time with the car with some like minded people.

And no i don't believe a B16A is faster than a RB26 because of VTEC yO!...But i do like Hondas :blink:

Considering that someone will inevitably post a picture, thought I'd save everyone the trouble:

post-68618-1259199390_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlackDC5S

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahahaha! Don't think that posting a picture will stop the barrage of more :blink:

SAU is a pretty relaxed club. We welcome all cars and types of people. The Vic Club is one of the cheapest CAM's affiliated clubs too! I reckon it's a good move, plus you get to come to all the fun DECA days etc.

If you're keen to come meet some of us pop along to Christmas drinks - check out the events section :D

Oh and my personal fav......

vtec_kick_in_yo.jpg

Welcome. You don't need a Skyline to join SAU Vic, we welcome people of all walks...

Come along to a monthly general meeting...you don't need to be a member to come (though you can sign up there if you wish) and you can find out some great info about the club / what we do / when we do it.

And now for the Honda jokes because you provoked us with the posting of a picture:

What is the difference between a Honda and a wheelchair? Rear wheel drive.

NISMO = Nissan Motorsport; Honda Motorsport = HOMO.

Just some random club facts (that can be seen from the 2009 Ann Rpt)

Only 2/3 of our members drive skylines. So that means virtually 100 people without one in club ranks which is a clear indicator we are VERY diverse, and honestly i think we are one of the best car clubs in Vic :blink:

Ye i know im bias being President and all, but if you can find a better community of people both online & in person @ social events/cruises/circuit days, i'd be very surprised

Thanks for the welcome guys ;) I heard this one one of the best and active clubs in VIC as well, and one of the few that actually does events as opposed to only taking fotos of cars....

I'll definitely become a paid member asap so I can start attending some events. Right now the car needs a few things done to it, with suspension (previous owner had king springs which I think are chopped) being the main priority.

So I bought a set of Tein Basics and a CAI (for the VTEC yO! scream you know....) and will be installing them this week. After the xmas season I'll probably look at start attending some sprints or timed laps.

Probably won't be able to do full races for a while, at least not until i do something about the brakes, which fade pretty quickly and are frankly unsafe after even a 20 min spirited road drive within speed limits.

Hhahahahahaha i think Hondas are great if you know what they are... and don't worship N/A to the point where you start making unrealistic claims. Having owned 2 forced induction cars (S15/WRX) i'm all for FI... and would eventually hope for a Jackson Racing Super Charger in the Dc5 sourced from capa or USA.

So hopefully i'll see u all in 2010 at a track somewhere... just making my car track ready so that the VTEC doesnt fall off...

i have a r34 but also a dc5 integra type r for a shitta! haha vtec its the shiz! 8000rpm outa a 2ltr 4 cyl is insane!

welcome aboard!

Edited by pplatr34

hahaha thanks guys.

Well this weekend the CAI, Coilovers and HIDs are all going in. Can't wait to see the car truly become "mine" once the customisation starts. Next week should see the various strut bars and sway bars and other reinforcement coming.

I'll take some pics of the car after the lowering and post them up, pretty stock looking but the key thing here is that my lady friend won't know naything has been done to the car until its too late :):P

Its really good to hear that SAU has such a diverse member base. I been on a few other forums/clubs over the years and haven't really seen anything like it.