SAU Community

Skyline Nationals 2010 Classic Attenders

Factory 5

I will be heading down to check out the Skylines in the morning, however my DR30 wont be, I kept meaning to register it but left it too late :) I guess it will be for the best seeing I have other commitments in the afternoon

With the cruise on the Saturday night can anyone rock up or just those registered? is it going to be going fairly late? Once I have finished other things I wouldnt mind pulling the DR30 out the shed.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last thing I want is to come away from this with a label and from previous cruises I can see that happening. I tend to go along for a while but if they get out of hand I get out of the cruise!

... methinks I will be sticking around with a few of the R30 owners for a foto shoot

Won't be there so looking forward to seeing some photos. (Don't forget pics of the owners as well as their cars.) 

JH

106 cars at the Show 'n' Shine on the Saturday and 60 track starters.

If Ravenoak is talking about the black C110 coupe, in my opinion it should have got "Car of the Show" but there was no such prize or plaque, which should be corrected in 2012 along with other STAND OUT anomalies.

The classes were Prince, "Pre 1986" and then R31, HR31, R31GTS/SVD, R32, R33, R34 and Others.

Plaques were awarded to Winner & Runner Up for Standard & Modified to EVERY class except pre 1986?

There were 8+ R30 variants plus 2 C110's yet only 2 plaques and both of those were for STANDARD vehicles.

Can't help but notice the bias towards R31 variants???????

Maybe in 2012 we could have MR, HR, DR and Bastard in all variants???

The best R30 standard class was my factory version KHR30 Paul Newman Version and it was the best standard variant in the show and not just by my opinion.

Runner up was Rob Ward's MR30 sedan, with dedicated LPG, turbo, Haltek ignition, 17 inch wheels, commodore front brakes, disc brake conversion rears and 205+ Kw at the wheels.

Standard????????? You work it out!

But! There were only 2 awards for all pre 1986 variants and no modified class, so runner up had to go somewhere.

If there was a modified class, the black C110 would have won hands down, lay down mizzaire and should have gone on to win best car of show, BUT IT DIDN'T?

If Ravenoak is talking about the black C110 coupe, in my opinion it should have got "Car of the Show" but there was no such prize or plaque, which should be corrected in 2012 along with other STAND OUT anomalies.

The classes were Prince, "Pre 1986" and then R31, HR31, R31GTS/SVD, R32, R33, R34 and Others.

Plaques were awarded to Winner & Runner Up for Standard & Modified to EVERY class except pre 1986?

There were 8+ R30 variants plus 2 C110's yet only 2 plaques and both of those were for STANDARD vehicles.

The best R30 standard class was my factory version KHR30 Paul Newman Version and it was the best standard variant in the show and not just by my opinion.

Runner up was Rob Ward's MR30 sedan, with dedicated LPG, turbo, Haltek ignition, 17 inch wheels, commodore front brakes, disc brake conversion rears and 205+ Kw at the wheels.

But! There were only 2 awards for all pre 1986 variants and no modified class, so runner up had to go somewhere.

If there was a modified class, the black C110 would have won hands down, lay down mizzaire and should have gone on to win best car of show, BUT IT DIDN'T?

I agree with you.

No-one was more stunned that me when my car was named as runner up in standard class!!!!!

The standout was indeed the Black C110 and should have taken people choice award.....oh that's right, there wasn't one of those either.

Yawn, you cant please all the people all of the time,

the reason that the Black c110 didnt get announced as the PRE 1980 winner is that both him and his Brother were not there,

if you hadn't Noticed that the Table still had Many many trophies on it we couldn't stand there and announce for so many people to come and collect their trophies if they were not there! we already had lots and lots of that.

As for the Runner Up in Pre 86, i dont know what happened there i wasnt judging the r30's but it is something that we will be looking into in the future we were not used to having such a large representation of the R30/DR30/HR30 series at the Nationals but now we can grow and Adjust our systems and Processes to suit the "resurgence" of these cars at Shows.

For those Interested,

Pre 1980 Modified

Winner: Black C110 coupe

Runner Up: White C110 Sedan

Peoples Choice

Sebastian Lip Targa R35 GTR

also another who could not attend ^^

Im also Sorry Dennis were you not happy with the fact that your 30 Won? im not sure what the issue is?

We also Had Pre 86 Modified both of which went to 30's

which was announced on the night.

so ummm by my counting out of 8 30's that attended the event,

4 went home with trophies,

Dennis what can i do to make this wright for you? i would love to see a Post from you saying How happy you are with something for a Change,

you seamed like a nice guy at the event and your car is Just simply stunning, but i did not see you smile once. even now i cant help but feel you are unhappy.

and As for the 31 comment,

well we had

Hr31 Standard and Modified,

R31 Standard and Modified,

Now that More 30's are attending maybe next time we can also have

R30 Standard and Modified

HR30 Standard and Modified

DR30 Standard and Modified,

as these are the only 2 models that we had domestically and variations imported to australia from Japan,

But if we have that many trophies then we will need cars to Award them too, otherwise we will be left with Boxes of left overs like we have now for

R34 Standard

R33 Standard

Edited by mastadd

Nice work and congrats Dennis. Good to see my old Paul Newman getting the love it deserves after a few less than careful owners.

So where is the 2012 nationals? Please tell me it is not in WA...

2012 is to be held in Goulburn with the track day at Wakefield.

I am looking forward to that, I attended a Sprite club national challenge at Goulburn/Wakefield once and unless things have really changed the council is VERY supportive of that sort of event. We had a concours in the grounds of the courthouse and they closed the road in front of it for us to have a motorkhana in the middle of town too.

Also, to add my own 2c. I thought the black C110 was the standout car of the show. I am not sure about an RB conversion myself (I like the character of the old L series and as the white one showed, they tend to sound great) but the quality of the job meant that I really just did not care. There were some really well prepared and nicely modded cars there, but if I could take home any car there as well as my own, that would have been it. I hate to think how many hours must have gone into panel and paint to get away with black as well as it did.

Edited by Blue

Do not get me wrong, I was stoked to get a trophy/recognition for the time, money and effort I had put into my car over the years. But standard? I was not aware of the trophies for the peoples choice etc.

I believe that they could have said something like "I know theese people are not here but let us just quickly go thru the winners of the other classes" or similar.

It left us all wondering about how such cars could be ignored.

At least now after your explanation some of these questions have been cleared up, so thanks for that.

When you say goulburn/wakefield, i looked them up and found a couple of goulburns in NSW/VIC but wakefield is like 300km away from the NSW one and 800km away from the VIC one.

is that right?

No, it is much closer than that. Goulburn is on the hume in NSW just near where the Federal Highway comes onto the Hume and Wakefield Park is about 10KM out of town. Try searching google maps for "goulburn nsw to wakefield park raceway" and it should get it first go.

Edited by Blue