Townsville Skyline Owners

Gough R34 GT-T

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

phil- you doing any more tuning tonight?

Nah not tonight. Finished off most of Pav's S15 last night. Just going to go over the whole tune one more time to make sure everything is safe. Then I can grab the wideband for my car and finish it off.

I want my AEM wideband kit to show up so i can head out for a play with mine

I'll try and remember to ask everyone if there keen for a road trip to townsville. When my GF gets her new Polo GTI we want to go to Townsville for a weekend so that might be a good time, even if my cars not there

Nah not tonight. Finished off most of Pav's S15 last night. Just going to go over the whole tune one more time to make sure everything is safe. Then I can grab the wideband for my car and finish it off.

how has that been going? i've been following his thread on NS, i think you need to invest in a kmon and do a tuning course :whistling: and start making some $$$$.

i'll give you a call later to come & get that dvd.

Yeah most of the tuning is done on it. I havn't really seen his thread (got a link?). Will probably go out one more time and it will pretty much be done. A tuning course would be great just to learn all the little tricks that you can't really pick up on by yourself. Like for example getting a car with a Power FC to idle properly seems near impossible. There is simply bugger all settings for idle and it may be perfect one day but then crap the next.

Also I find the hardest thing about tuning a car is not the actual tuning itself, but the damn troubleshooting of a problem. I completely understand why workshops love tuning brand new Holden and Fords. All the parts are brand new and there is simply nothing wrong with the car. With 15-20 year old cars, gone through 4 different owners with parts ripped off here and there just leads to so many problems that take ages to narrowdown.

I will get a kmon eventually because I want to hard wire it into my car so it pulls timing upon detonation. Would be good to use on Power FCs aswell because I don't really trust those factory knock sensors.

Hey Phil what are you able to tune? Are you able to tune a nistune?

Havn't used Nistune yet. But I hadn't used a Power FC until two weeks ago and picked that up fairly quickly so don't see why Nistune would be any harder.

Yeah most of the tuning is done on it. I havn't really seen his thread (got a link?). Will probably go out one more time and it will pretty much be done. A tuning course would be great just to learn all the little tricks that you can't really pick up on by yourself. Like for example getting a car with a Power FC to idle properly seems near impossible. There is simply bugger all settings for idle and it may be perfect one day but then crap the next.

Also I find the hardest thing about tuning a car is not the actual tuning itself, but the damn troubleshooting of a problem. I completely understand why workshops love tuning brand new Holden and Fords. All the parts are brand new and there is simply nothing wrong with the car. With 15-20 year old cars, gone through 4 different owners with parts ripped off here and there just leads to so many problems that take ages to narrowdown.

I will get a kmon eventually because I want to hard wire it into my car so it pulls timing upon detonation. Would be good to use on Power FCs aswell because I don't really trust those factory knock sensors.

Havn't used Nistune yet. But I hadn't used a Power FC until two weeks ago and picked that up fairly quickly so don't see why Nistune would be any harder.

The guy who does my tuning is really good for this

Playing with timing and fuel he got mine from hunting randomly to running perfect at idle all day every day. Will be one of the things I quiz him about when we have a go at my car with the next mod I have planned

I need this fixed in mine again, I think cause of the lightweight flywheel its a bit funny at idle at times. I can see how that would be the case, taking a few kilos of rotating mass when the engine is at its laziest point

Nothings set in stone yet. Will see whats happening

Hopefully if it does go, I will have the engine bay prettied up, and alot of the wiring hidden