SAU Community

The Ls1 R33 Of Fury

MBS206

if you aren't going a massive amount of power 1000cc injectors will support over 400kw on E85. you can just use both the feed and return as feeds and run a single new return line.

as for 11:1 and bent rods if you are going to the effort of making it run 11:1 might as well throw some aftermarket rods in it as they are only ~800 for a decent spool set.

if you aren't going a massive amount of power 1000cc injectors will support over 400kw on E85. you can just use both the feed and return as feeds and run a single new return line.

as for 11:1 and bent rods if you are going to the effort of making it run 11:1 might as well throw some aftermarket rods in it as they are only ~800 for a decent spool set.

That's how I looked at the build was if I wanted 11:1 i'd need rods, which to me meant a whole motor build. At the moment everything on thi. Car has all been about bargain hunting really.

And from 1000cc to 1600cc there isn't much price difference.

I'll do some calcs late tonight if I can get my ecu to let me download it and get the dc of the 880 injectors.

At 3500 this motor feels dead as a door nail, but it's making 190 rwkw. But at 5000 rpm plus it's making 250rwkw which accelerates 5 times faster... Dyno definitely didn't read my full power read out properly... I think I'd max a 1000cc set, or at least be chewing into the safety area...

Watch this space though, big changes to setup before next texi!!! :)

• 2 months later...
good choice on the stand. where from and what price, that is what i need.

I bought it from a local race place.

Total Race in Wollongong.

Bought $170 I paid. Probably a touch more then I needed to, but it was simply email one of the guys there and he called the moment it came in.

Titan: that's my garage... Missing a skyline... Lol

• 2 weeks later...
That's how I looked at the build was if I wanted 11:1 i'd need rods, which to me meant a whole motor build. At the moment everything on thi. Car has all been about bargain hunting really.

And from 1000cc to 1600cc there isn't much price difference.

I'll do some calcs late tonight if I can get my ecu to let me download it and get the dc of the 880 injectors.

At 3500 this motor feels dead as a door nail, but it's making 190 rwkw. But at 5000 rpm plus it's making 250rwkw which accelerates 5 times faster... Dyno definitely didn't read my full power read out properly... I think I'd max a 1000cc set, or at least be chewing into the safety area...

Watch this space though, big changes to setup before next texi!!! :yes:

So, I forgot to follow up on this and update everyone, at 6000 RPM and on 1bar of boost, with an afr of about 11:1, the car is using 70% of injector duty cycle on 880 cc injectors. There is no way I can even move to E85 at the moment with my current setup, and 1000cc wouldn't cut it either...

Using the old 1cc of injector = 1hp I'd be making around 600hp at the fly... Or around 450 HP at the wheels, or about 330 rwkw...

• 1 month later...

Well, it looks like this adventure of smashed motors, and other issues from crazy horse power is coming to an end.

Another motor is going in (Still a 30) although a smaller turbo is being put on and then the car sold off.

But don't worry! The big turbo is going to another member to blow motors up with and I'll be back straight away with most likely two new beasties for some circuit work!

• 1 month later...

So, things didn't pan out how they were planned to back in July, my white beasty is still with me, and there will be no new additions to my fleet just yet.

But what does this mean for my car?

Well, the huge turbo is GONE. Like, completely, manifold, dump turbo, GONE.

I have a new turbo sitting here (ATR43G3), which should give a super responsive setup with a very usable rev range.

I also have a new forward facing plenum.

Camber arms.

Coilovers

All to go in.

But what's happening with the motor? Well it's not 100% decided yet what products are going in, but there'll be some nice little goodies going in for a budget rebuild to handle some circuit work.

61944_1513281666534_1069171597_31532415_6496257_n.jpg

It has started! To pull the engine out, I just need to get my mate to give me a hand one night this week as well as: Under the tail shaft, and undo the gearbox cross member.

The spare motor is stripped down to a short block, I need to get some bolts to put it on the engine stand, and strip it down to nothing and send it off to be X-Rayed and machined.

Then to buy some parts to bolt it all back together!

62252_1513281026518_1069171597_31532413_1648577_n.jpg

Before it goes back in though, I WILL be cleaning every bit of the engine bay, and even doing some repainting. As you can see, I've already started, for anyone who's looked where my air filter normally goes, the chassis rail that runs beside it is normally black from grease and oil... I spent around an hour and a half stripping out those little clips that no longer hold anything, and deciding how I'm going to re-route a heap of cables through the guard to tidy stuff up!

It's beginning!

I also need to keep an eye out for a good condition front reo bar. When someone owned it before me, they appear to have had a minor bump in the front passenger side and put a minor dent in it, of which I'm not happy with! (I'm becoming a perfectionist with this car now...)

So, like, I couldn't get the motor out, as my missus isn't strong enough, not matter how hard I yell... (I KID! :))

So the motor is still in, but we started cleaning a bit more instead.

This was the start (Well, it had had a bit of a clean... The white area... )

62001_1522272971311_1069171597_31554361_3310887_n.jpg

So I scrubbed a bit...

61286_1522275291369_1069171597_31554366_2660925_n.jpg

And some more...

62776_1522276451398_1069171597_31554369_974470_n.jpg

Stupid spots that aren't smooth panel! They don't want to come clean!

And I need to do this all over the front of the car... Both inner guards are full of oil and grease, mainly this one though from a track day issue...

Some how even more stuff fell off the front though...

58706_1522276211392_1069171597_31554368_7099842_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So, I had some time on the weekend, and while I was looking at the car, a few things fell out...

Mainly being the front half of the tail shaft, the gearbox, my airconditioner and then some blasted Rats ran off with the wiring loom...

I was going to take out the engine, but the problem being, it appears that when the RB30E was pulled from my mates old car and stripped, the brackets for putting the chain onto appears to have been left on the head, when it went to the tip... So the engine is still in the car... :thumbsup:

It's being supported by just resting on the mounts and against the firewall.

33553_1538773503814_1069171597_31590550_4338200_n.jpg

OMG! Someone stole my dash and aircons!

65201_1538774383836_1069171597_31590552_1042539_n.jpg

Wonder how fast I'm going?

58164_1538775383861_1069171597_31590556_1019519_n.jpg

But you know what the REALLY big question is, other than what's going back in... Do I remember how it goes back together...

MAtty - use some bolts in the head where the brackets were and slip the chain over those, just make sure you have some washers big enough so the chain doesnt slip through.

MAtty - use some bolts in the head where the brackets were and slip the chain over those, just make sure you have some washers big enough so the chain doesnt slip through.

I'm being very untrusting of an individual bolt... I thought of doing it... But will it really take that load?