SAU Community

New Event On The Way For Japanese Performance Car Owners

JET200

OK peoples. There is a new event starting up soon. Its something Motive DVD and Project D have been working on for a few months and we had our meeting with WSID today so its locked in. The initial idea was a Silvia Nationals but with the event so close and us liking all cars we've made it a Japanese Performance Car event.

It will be held on the 8th and 9th of May at WSID and will incorporating driving events ( both practice sessions and comps) of all types, show and shine, dyno, swapmeet, traders, entertainment and a good lifestyle focus too.

We will be building a massive drifting course similar to what you see at D1GP in Odaiba and at TAS. We will also have a "Dutton" style tarmac course set-up as well. its not a motorkhana, there are roads laid out to drive on in a massive fenced off area. Its a speed course, not a motorkhana.

So, we are holding he JDM SHOWDOWN bought to you by Project D and Motive DVD

incorporating:

2 Pro drifting tournaments

THE SILVIA NATIONALS

JDM Drag Showdown

Speedcourse Showdown ( Dutton style tarmac course)

Dyno Showdown

Import Show-off ( show and shine)

Swapmeet

Traders Alley

Entertainment and giveaways

Also, Speedcourse, drift course and drag strip will be open for fun runs/practice all weekend so people can get heaps of track time. Sunday is totally dedicated to driving so you can drive down the strip, then have a drift then do the speed course

Competitions for Top Silvia, Top Skyline, Top Evo etc Top JDM car, Top Show car, Top Street Car, Top Engineering whatever etc etc etc Awards taht are relevent to people who still use their cars.

if this goes as big as we want it to then we will hold separate Silvia Nats and maybe Nissan Nats and other drift events too.

Pricing will be very competitive. Under $100 to enter static/dyno with a free buddy pass and under $200 to enter ALL driving evetns and bring in 3 pit crew, yes, thats right, 3 mates.

Also, camping is definite for Sat night and most likely will happen Fri night too so can save money if travelling from interstate.

This is the import version of Summernats/Powercruise

Get behind it people!!!

Website, details, program, flyers and entry forms will be ready next week!!!

ITS ON!!!!!!

Oh, and we will be filming it for Motive DVD and Motive TV

Edited by JET200

OK guys, I hate to do this to everyone but after a meeting tonight we have decided to move the event back a little bit. It will still be this year though. Why? 6 weeks is to soon to organise an event of this size so we want to make it bigger and better by moving it back a bit. We will have a new date by the end of this week.

Please dont be angry, its to make the event bigger and better. More info later in the week including date, program and pricing

I'd also like to know more about the Event, driving stuff mainly, and of course price.

Going off what I've read so far IM IN!!!!!!!!

Dave, split garage.....if there are garages lol

Nice another event to get off the streets.

to bad im in darwin or i would enter too.

$200 bux for a whole weekend and 3 mates it bloody good imo.

nice work andrew. hope it can stay strong like powercrusie and summernats.

"top Silvia, top Skyline, top Evo..."

What about a top Toyota catagory? It may make the event ever more appealing to the Toyota community, it just seems a little Nissan biased at the moment.

Just my 2c

Edited by nerm