RB26DETT Engine – 137kw/tonne

RB25DET Engine – 127kw/tonne

RB25DE Engine – 2 door 110kw/tonne

RB25DE Engine – 4 door 102kw/tonne

RB20DET Engine – 109kw/tonne

RB20DE Engine – 73kw/tonne

Here is the info from the Vic Roads website:

High Powered Vehicles

All probationary driver licence holders are restricted from driving a high powered motor vehicle on a highway. A high powered motor vehicle is defined as a motor vehicle (not a motor cycle or motor trike) which:

has a power to mass ratio which exceeds 125 kilowatts per tonne; or

has an engine capacity which exceeds 3.5 litres per tonne of the unladen mass of the motor vehicle.

* Information regarding high powered vehicles can be obtained by telephoning VicRoads on Tel: 13 11 71

If you have a slightly heavier than normal R33 GTST you will be ok.. according to the law.

no nothing can happen. Ive been in this situation had a talk to the officer who was trying to get me. Because there is no official records of skyline gtst of there power to weight i went to nissan and asked them and they said the only way to get them would be from nissan japan. So the officer couldnt do anything about it. Thats the only trouble ive had with the law trying to stop me once. Other times they dont know nothing about the car, such as calling a front mount intercooler a radiator and saying my stock blow off valve is illegal because no turbo cars have ever come out with blow off valves? weird...

does anyone have any experience in getting dcked for this...do the cops know that a R33 GTS-T is going to be over...and is it possible to get your car detuned to run under the weight and have a signed machanic sign it or something...is there any way around this rule...i'm about to buy my first car and i want it to be an R33 GTS-T but i don't want to buy it and have it sit in the garage for 3 years while i drive some sh*tbox

if u do get caught do u just keep getting fined or wats the penalty...is there any way to legalise an R33 GTS-T using a machanic to detune the car...would this be good enough...and do the cops know wat to look for/know the specs of the R33 GTS-T

The power to weight laws were introduced months before i got mu p's many years ago, I obeyed them and managed to drive cars that were faster than the typical illegal cars (like 6cyl cortinas and v8 commodores), without any undue problems from the police. If you drive a turbo skyline on your P's you are asking for it.

A naturally aspirated skyline is plenty fast for an inexperienced probationary driver, and shows maturity in accepting this fact.

Don't get me wrong, I deal with many probationary drivers and share their enthusiasm in the world of high performance cars, but this is real life not NFS.

At the end of the day some police will know enough to book you for power to weight and some will not, on the other hand some cops will see 'Turbo' and dick you anyway.

This has been a community service announcement brought to you by some old intoxicated tool that is taking a break from modifying his turbo skyline in his garage!!!!! :):D:D