SAU Community

Is It Worth The Extra Money For A M35 Over A C34?

fat_stag

hey guys sold my c34 s2 a few months ago and really missin it so thinkin about buyin another. just wondering whos made the change from a c34 to a m35 and if its worth spending the extra 8 to 10k????

hey guys sold my c34 s2 a few months ago and really missin it so thinkin about buyin another. just wondering whos made the change from a c34 to a m35 and if its worth spending the extra 8 to 10k????

YES

I love my C34, but the NM35 is very nice too, but they're very different cars.

+1 agree on this Nic

If you want to do heaps of motor mod's....then go the C34....I am talking for power above 200AWKW's.....you could probably pick up a fairly decent S1 RS260 for the same price as a good NM35.

I did the Central Coast to Wisemans Ferry run on Sunday night and I can tell you the NM35 is no slouch when it comes to twisty's and bumpy roads. The suspension is a good package for a wagon.....I had an XR6t before this car and it was not nearly as fast or balanced as the NM35 on this road!

Edited by Jetwreck

its just like any newer model. definitely a more refined ride, but agreed with Jetwreck, if you want heaps of bolt on mods go the C34

it will be good when more people buy them and there are some decent parts available.

its shitty at the moment. hopefully in 2+ years they will be even more popular and more and more aftermarket and parts at wreckers will be available.

+1 agree on this Nic

If you want to do heaps of motor mod's....then go the C34....I am talking for power above 200AWKW's.....you could probably pick up a fairly decent S1 RS260 for the same price as a good NM35.

I did the Central Coast to Wisemans Ferry run on Sunday night and I can tell you the NM35 is no slouch when it comes to twisty's and bumpy roads. The suspension is a good package for a wagon.....I had an XR6t before this car and it was not nearly as fast or balanced as the NM35 on this road!

it will be good when more people buy them and there are some decent parts available.

its shitty at the moment. hopefully in 2+ years they will be even more popular and more and more aftermarket and parts at wreckers will be available.

On that.....below is a list of Aussie made parts available or in the pipeline that I know about. The Japanese have everything else!

ECU reflash: 90% of the way there...should have something in the next week or so....maybe!

Phenolic and Alloy runner spacers: Available

Exhaust: Sydney local available x 2 shops

Dump pipes: Available

Suction pipe: In the pipeline

Intercooler kits: Available

Currently from what I have seen the highest AWKW's is in some bogan's white wagon down in VIC's....approx 260 from memory....standard internals!

Sooner or later one of the NM35's will break the 300AWKW barrier!

Edited by Jetwreck

i went mainly on looks. the m35's don't cut it imho.

they look too family car like to me... they might be newer, but is newer better??

in the end the c34 won for me... and the rb25det under my hood :D and the manual transmission :D mmmmm

Edited by atomaly

YES

+1.... as well :D

The only way to know if it's right for YOU is to go and drive one. :)

Could not agree with this more.

(although I DID buy mine over the internet lol)

its just like any newer model. definitely a more refined ride, but agreed with Jetwreck, if you want heaps of bolt on mods go the C34

Shitty at the moment? lol.... you should have been here 3 years ago!

On that.....below is a list of Aussie made parts available or in the pipeline that I know about. The Japanese have everything else!

ECU reflash: 90% of the way there...should have something in the next week or so....maybe!

Currently from what I have seen the highest AWKW's is in some bogan's white wagon down in VIC's....approx 260 from memory....standard internals!

Maybe in NSW... I am sure that the suction pipe can be done down here in Vic if you can drop your car off overnight :D

300awkw? agreed.... maybe if the Vic Bogan had a decent intercooler, exhaust manifold and V Manage he would get close?

Edited by iamhe77

I drove both cars before making my decision. Although I think the C34 looks nicer on the outside, the M35 wins hands down on all other attributes. These days you can secure an M35 for under 20 grand easy. What other modern wagons can beat that in terms of value, performance and features?

Vic Bogan? Let me just tell you Craig, it takes one to know one. :D

Seat of pants tells me I cracked that 300 barrier last week, which you would know about if camping wasn't more important. :D I had to revert back to elec throttle as I couldn't handle the powahh. The potential is there, for sure, but the longevity of the internals is unknown.

The gearbox is coming out again next week, hopefully addressing the converter lockup issues I was having with the extra kw. I will let you know once I understand more.

Although there are a few teething issues with getting the power out, I still prefer the 35.

I agree with everyone else - only you can decide. I got a bargain with my M35, came up at auction in japan only $3000 AUD equiv more than the average C34's, so I jumped at the chance to own a newer car (2003 model). Originally I disliked the looks until I saw one "in the flesh" up close - from then on I was completely hooked.

Read the 1st post in the "M35 Info" sticky for all the details on the M35.

I'm assuming the M35's looks dont bother you if you are considering it...so really its just down to the ride quality. I say its better, in the sense that it hides bumps better, but it may be a touch softer than the C34 and gives the car less of a sporty feel and more of a luxury feel.

So really its up to you to drive both, and work out if you like what Nissan have done with the M35. I'll admit I took a while to warm to some things about the M35, having owned a modified s2 for 2 years, but now I wouldn't swap it for anything.

buy 1 of each thats what we did

yea i was lookin at a axis thats why i was saying 8 to 10k more. i gotta travel from adelaide to mt gambier every fortnight to see my son so more lookin for ride quality than "powahh" lol ill search for that when i start get a track car together but yea i really like the looks of the axis models. not as keen on the others.

will agree the c34's do look more sporty. gonna go take the one im lookin at for a test drive near end of the week. other than that they got a c34 rwd manual with a little bit of fruit at the place im lookin at so might take that one for a drive too. thanks guys ill let ya know how i get on after the drive