SAU Community

Very, Very Unfortunate News...

GoldZilla

As many of you may be aware, two of SAU NSW's members were involved in an accident last night on the Old Pacific Highway. Unfortunately neither of them survived the accident.

Gerard and Tom were great guys and valued members of our community, very close friends with many of the people here. Lots of our guys are in deep shock today at what happened. As I'm sure many will attest, they were both very nice people, which makes the news all the more saddening.

There are fuller details on news sites, but essentially they were involved in a collision with a truck late last night. The driver of the truck is OK. Gerard and Tom were returning home from one of the informal thursday night central coast catch ups.

Our condolences go to everyone affected by this terrible accident.

Please everyone reading this....remember this sort of senseless accident does not have to take place. Treat every moment you are on the roads as dangerous, and always follow every rule. We do not know the circumstances of this accident but if anything good can come from this it would be everyone driving a little more carefully out there.

Before this is blown out of proportion, let's please remember a few things:

* first and foremost, until ALL the facts are available, let's please NOT speculate on the situation.

* there are going to be a lot of people visiting this thread in the immediate future (including, quite possibly, the media and police), so please be VERY careful what you say here. If you even think it might not be appropriate to post, re-read what you have written, change it if necessary, and THEN post. if it's not going to be something nice, or something based on the facts presented so far, then DON'T post it.

SAU NSW organises driver training, skid pan days, track days and controlled cruises exactly so that we can all enjoy our cars safely - please take advantage of these opportunities.

For anyone that needs to contact the SAU NSW executive committee, please PM:

President: Neil (Neil)

Vice Presidents: Goldzilla (Nick), DR-DOOF (Steve)

The forums will of course be heavily moderated for any insensitive or inappropriate comments - expect zero tolerance.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My condolonces go out to friends and families of both parties involved, especially to the mothers on this particular weekend. I can't even fathom how they must be feeling right now.

My heart also goes out to Alex, and if you're reading this and you need someone to talk to, you know you can call me. It's a terrible accident that has happened.

SAU NSW organises driver training, skid pan days, track days and controlled cruises exactly so that we can all enjoy our cars safely - please take advantage of these opportunities.

A small note on this. Gerard entered most, if not all, of our events, and many others outside the club. He was a good driver who was involved in an accident. There is no amount of training that will prepare you for something like this.

PLEASE people, if not for yourself then at least for your mothers this weekend, PLEASE drive safely.

A small note on this. Gerard entered most, if not all, of our events, and many others outside the club. He was a good driver who was involved in an accident. There is no amount of training that will prepare you for something like this.

Precisely what I was telling my colleagues. He really was a skilled, educated and responsible driver. It just goes to show an accident can happen to anyone.

Like the others here, my condolences go to all the friends and family of these two great guys.

Thanks Nick for your words of wisdom.

I got to meet Gerard very early on in my club involvement. He would come up to have a chat and really made me feel welcome and instantly among friends. My thoughts and gratitude go out to you.

-Eric

really opens your eyes as to just how fragile our lives are, could of been any of us that night :P RIP guys and my condolences to all the families involved including their unofficial SAU family, you'll be missed guys!

Condolences to their families and friends, I don't know these guys but like everyone here we share the same passion.

I'd like to know the full details of this accident when the time comes.