SAU Community

Got A Question About Cops, The Law, And Criminals/druggies

eMsta

but seriously though.. do what the other people said.. and maybe fill a syringe with sauce and say you have aids next time they confront you

No Mohsen, not a good idea mate.

i was being sarcastic about the syringe lol

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was born in and lived in melbourne for the majority of my life, so im well aware of the public attitude there, is that attitude warranted? you tell me.

we are discussing this in a thread where the consensus is that the police are useless to help in a situation of need, yet they bitch about public attitude toward them. (this is not necessarily aimed at gdogzgtr)

i wasnt having a go at him, i was just disagreeing with his blanket stereotyping of the public.

but you're right i live in tasmania now, my views "mean nothing", continue..

i say about 50 of us sau guys should rock up 1 night and kick his ass... i for one believe in standing up for whats right, even if your the little man dont let no one take you down. remember, the bigger they are the harder they fall :( On a serious note. call the cops he would of been just making up some of the shyt to scare you.

i support this idea lmaoo ill call the cuzins ;P

wow what a shithole... I've worked in St Kilda for the past 7 years and never had any problems... we have hookers stand outside our front door and pimps in the street all the time... I always smile and say hello and last week a working girl told me she liked my Tshirt hahaha... the renters next door are major bums but never had any issues... apart from the night they had a huge bonfire in the backyard only to have the fireys come and put it out... of course they tried to punch on with the firefighters (not a good idea, they have axes)

I guess we don't have as many issues as the police presence is very strong here... the aren't busting people who are hooking/dealing or whatever but I think their high profile/constant presence is a really good deterrent

also ice/meth sucks... bring back heroine I say... when junkies could barely stand let alone steal your wallet lol

so I have no advice really... but you sound way too loyal to your employer... you don't need to risk your wellbeing for a job, its your bosses problem he should fix it

PS. I also used to live in Prahran... the last straw was junkies shooting up in the hallway at 8.30 in the morning... they were very polite though and apologised when I told them they were gross lol... pretty sure there was a dealer in the building, most of them are smart enough to keep a low profile... your bloke sounds like a complete farking moron

Cops are too busy defecting skylines and prosecuting traffic laws to the full extent.

you need to hire...... the A-TEAM

Nah, if you want vigilante justice you have to call Big Daddy.

That guy is just badass.

I should clarify that I meant the public that I mainly deal with offenders/crooks etc not the general public that assist us as witnesses/victims etc.

Yes I was driving by and the drunk deliberately went out of his way to get our attention and then to confront us. Will be charged with assault/resist police but will get absolutely nothing for it.

My general area is known for being a pretty good area but of late I will give you insight to what I have personally been to and involved with in last few weeks. This on top of usual, domestics, accidents, shoplifter's etc

Murder at Railway station, number of armed robberies with gun, rape, suicides, serious assaults and by far the worst job anyone at my station has or probably will ever go to, a woman slashed the throats and wrists of her 3 young child and then hers in murder suicide attempt. Scene was like horror movie, thankfully all will survive after major surgery.

I personally will never be the same. Think what's the worst day of your job and then think about what myself and my colleagues are dealing with at present.

All this and then I almost everyday have people give me verbal tirade calling me every name under the sun and I have to cop it on the chin.

Edited by gdogzgtr

Interesting reading this thread.

We have the same problems Britain and what gets me is that its sad that its come to a point where someone has to ask on a public forum if they should bother calling the police or not.

Dose this reflect the fact that the police don't really take things like this seriously or are not seen to be dealing with it in the way they should.

Past experience and media hype suggests that the law favours the criminal. Witch is all very Interesting seeing as the police are there to serve and protect while EQUALLY and FAIRLY distributing the law.

Yet through cop shows shown on TV there is clear evidence that the above is not the case and its corrupt. You might argue that we dont no what goes on behind close doors, true but a vast majority of it boils down to "common sense policing" surly and you can bet bottom $ the rest revolves around money.

It also appears that the public's interest means jack as well because there let every tom dick and harry out early coz "they found God" then house the kiddy fidderlers right next to a school and allow a convicted terrorist to work as security in an airport. But its all good because they found God.

I blame the fact that the world has become so target driven its lost its focus. If I said id give you $10million if you hit your target of 5 sales what you going to do??? Make damn sure you hit that target and f**k everyone and everything else.

The Police in the uk at least are given unrealistic targets to meet instead of doing there job.

I except that its a difficult job at the best of times and the cps dont help either and im sure can get very political but I think more should be done instead of dishing out fines left right and center to get the public back on side because me and you are there biggest a lie.

i think some people are reading too much into this. I dont think this wsa a question about police effectiveness, but instead balancing the risk of reprisals against dealing with the issue using the means the government supplies.

Now we've all had out mongrel HWP officer who singled us out for driving in an un-australian car, and i've personally had one or two street cops give me grief when i was young just due to my appearance.

That said i've also had cops go out of their way to make sure me and mine were looked after after a break and enter. Cops rocked up at 3am when it happened to help secure the premises and search the surrounding area for the buggers, next day had two more cops rock up for a better look around and confirm details... then forensics.... then detectives, who decided there was more that forensics could have done so he called them back, then detectives came back the next day again to make sure everything was sorted and to see if anything else had popped up. then community services came to visit to make sure we were sorted long term.

The cops arent the problem here, its generally the courts and the gov, and i believe the cops are probably just as frustrated about it as we are. Young offenders laws, rehabilitation possibilities, trading rehab for a suspended sentence, all of these "i'm sorry" things make all the hard work go to waste.

Not only that but the gov and media are having a field day helping each other raise income by hyping the hoon issue.

i think you'll find that at the end of the day the coppers would be far happier dealing with proper crims that inspecting your ride height, but i think they'd be happier still if they thought the charges they laid might actually count for something come sentencing.

So give gdogzgtr a break eh.

well said dude :D

i also think that most officers are frustrated that they cant do anything about the out of control situations......

i think some people are reading too much into this. I dont think this wsa a question about police effectiveness, but instead balancing the risk of reprisals against dealing with the issue using the means the government supplies.

Now we've all had out mongrel HWP officer who singled us out for driving in an un-australian car, and i've personally had one or two street cops give me grief when i was young just due to my appearance.

That said i've also had cops go out of their way to make sure me and mine were looked after after a break and enter. Cops rocked up at 3am when it happened to help secure the premises and search the surrounding area for the buggers, next day had two more cops rock up for a better look around and confirm details... then forensics.... then detectives, who decided there was more that forensics could have done so he called them back, then detectives came back the next day again to make sure everything was sorted and to see if anything else had popped up. then community services came to visit to make sure we were sorted long term.

The cops arent the problem here, its generally the courts and the gov, and i believe the cops are probably just as frustrated about it as we are. Young offenders laws, rehabilitation possibilities, trading rehab for a suspended sentence, all of these "i'm sorry" things make all the hard work go to waste.

Not only that but the gov and media are having a field day helping each other raise income by hyping the hoon issue.

i think you'll find that at the end of the day the coppers would be far happier dealing with proper crims that inspecting your ride height, but i think they'd be happier still if they thought the charges they laid might actually count for something come sentencing.

So give gdogzgtr a break eh.

Government/Courts/Politicians are the issue with crims getting off lightly, the police catch them, yet the laws aren't harsh enough, can hardly blame the police.

I personally would be reporting everything that happens so it is all on record, even if no action is taken at this stage. If your workplace is added to the patrol route, and he is a dealer, he will move on. Then again, if he is a dealer acting the way he is, it does not sound like he will last long anyway.

mmm I suppose you cannot blame the police, however the one time I have needed them to get somewhere in a hurry it was a joke, My sister wrote off her car in the middle of an intersection because someone ran a red, we called the police. They asked if everyone was ok we said yes then they asked it the car was mobile, we said no. They said they would send a unit down. 1 1/2 hours later one guy in a divvy rocks up.... I could have walked to the police station faster.

mmm I suppose you cannot blame the police, however the one time I have needed them to get somewhere in a hurry it was a joke, My sister wrote off her car in the middle of an intersection because someone ran a red, we called the police. They asked if everyone was ok we said yes then they asked it the car was mobile, we said no. They said they would send a unit down. 1 1/2 hours later one guy in a divvy rocks up.... I could have walked to the police station faster.

When I was mugged in Frankston I rang the police and it took about... 10 minutes for them to arrive? Keep in mind the cop shop is like... 300 meters away and it was like 1pm on a weekday. When he arrived we drove around a bit until we located the muggers, the cop radioed for back up and within literally 60 seconds the entire street was full of police. Must've been at least 6 vehicles, and more arrived later.

I understand wanting to protect their own, but I was little disappointed in how long it took them to react to a 000 call when there were dozens of cops just moments away.

So what can we do about this? The courts of law aren't doing their jobs, and criminals are being released early. I'm sure a protest has long been done, but is one more overdue? I don't know much about protests, where I come from, holding a protest will get you arrested and questioned, nobody does it. But the police do have power to use violence if needed, and they don't get much shit. That keeps the crime rate low I reckon, nobody dares to mess with police.

So, can we really blame the police here? They've got no support from their superiors, and from Graeme's previous posts, they can't use violence even when necessary, then what's the point of their guns and batons if they can't use them. And its frustrating that criminals can get let off so easily, its hard work to bring a criminal in, and when he walks, its like the policemen's hard work isn't recognised.

Not Australian, but I'd love to be living in a safe place and I'll the best I can to help out. Even when its time to take the baseball bats out, love a bit of strife. =D

So what can we do about this? The courts of law aren't doing their jobs, and criminals are being released early. I'm sure a protest has long been done, but is one more overdue? I don't know much about protests, where I come from, holding a protest will get you arrested and questioned, nobody does it. But the police do have power to use violence if needed, and they don't get much shit. That keeps the crime rate low I reckon, nobody dares to mess with police.

So, can we really blame the police here? They've got no support from their superiors, and from Graeme's previous posts, they can't use violence even when necessary, then what's the point of their guns and batons if they can't use them. And its frustrating that criminals can get let off so easily, its hard work to bring a criminal in, and when he walks, its like the policemen's hard work isn't recognised.

Not Australian, but I'd love to be living in a safe place and I'll the best I can to help out. Even when its time to take the baseball bats out, love a bit of strife. =D

Our country needs to throw out the current governments and start again IMO. I'm down for peaceful protests. this place is fkd. What ever happened to a government working FOR the people?

Do you want to know who to blame for the leniency in the courts nowadays?

Look no further than here, this prick has stacked the courts with as many civil libertarians (also known as let the crims off lawyers) and other like minded fools, that the concerns and wishes of the general public for fair and effective punishment for wrongdoing has ceased to exist.

785693-rob-hulls.jpg

Bingo. Hulls is a dead set wanker.

As a law student, i'm unfortunately immersed in this same 'softly softly' culture and approach to punishment. When people like Lex Lasry are put on the bench of the Vic Supreme Court you just know something isn't right.

OP, any updates on this issue? Have you or your boss spoken to the police?

I should clarify that I meant the public that I mainly deal with offenders/crooks etc not the general public that assist us as witnesses/victims etc.

Yes I was driving by and the drunk deliberately went out of his way to get our attention and then to confront us. Will be charged with assault/resist police but will get absolutely nothing for it.

My general area is known for being a pretty good area but of late I will give you insight to what I have personally been to and involved with in last few weeks. This on top of usual, domestics, accidents, shoplifter's etc

Murder at Railway station, number of armed robberies with gun, rape, suicides, serious assaults and by far the worst job anyone at my station has or probably will ever go to, a woman slashed the throats and wrists of her 3 young child and then hers in murder suicide attempt. Scene was like horror movie, thankfully all will survive after major surgery.

I personally will never be the same. Think what's the worst day of your job and then think about what myself and my colleagues are dealing with at present.

All this and then I almost everyday have people give me verbal tirade calling me every name under the sun and I have to cop it on the chin.

WOW that sent shivers down my spine! I don't think that you could a worse call out!

Its a real worry how someone could go that low! And obviously the selfish act as everyone around her has to suffer aka-u, kids, family etc

Tell me again why you needed the police there? I would have thought an ambulance and tow truck would suffice.